digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

OOC: I'm thinking about starting to RP here...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 am   Reply with quote

Before I start, some advice and such would be nice. I also think I'll make a sticky in digiblogger for my alt...and use the same sticky for when I have more.

It'll be basically my first time RPing anywhere, but I think I know enough about it to give it a shot. At first I'll just use Ultimario as a character, but later on I'll add some newer characters. Probably still Ultimario-related ones, though (like a psychic floating crystal that helps him out and stuff, an evil version of Ultimario, etc.) Of course, Ultimario (the character) wouldn't know much about the fourth wall and such...he's the same character as me, but a character all the same. Think of him as sort of based on the author...so he's firmly inside the fourth wall, just with pretty much the same personality and all the non-forum-related powers. He'll still probably be really rich, though. And he'll also be pretty darn powerful and experienced...like Mario, except about 50% better and with more non-power-up-based powers (like short-distance teleports) and a sword. He won't be godmodding or anything, just know that he'll be one of the stronger characters out here. He'll have his downsides of course, but I haven't really decided on many yet. Lack of projectiles, being a bit slow in movement speed, overconfidence...but I dunno what else, or how much is needed to make him a powerful but fair character.

Also, about the entrance, I know it said in the "The Entrance.beta" topic that you can arrive in any location you feel like, but what I'm thinking will require participation from other members and I don't want to derail the topic too much, so...would it be okay to create another topic for it, even if the first post isn't really long? By the way, I'm thinking that the entrance would be sort of a Sealed Good/Evil In a Can kind of deal. You know, inside of a giant crystal in a cave or something like that, somebody ends up releasing him practically by accident. He could stop by that stickied entrance topic for some brochures and such sometime soon after being released.
Ultimario Mart!    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:07 am   Reply with quote

If you need a longer entrance than a few posts, yeah, I'm sure you can still make your own character topics.

I'd be willing to help drive said topic if you need some people to get your characters off their feet. It's annoying when all you can do is hope someone will come across your topic and release your good/evil in a can, trust me. D:

Last edited by Super ShadowArticuno on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
A Bucket of Stuff    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 am   Reply with quote

I will help if I can, too. I think you'll do well RPing.
Dimension D    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:29 am   Reply with quote

Well, some basic tips I can give are:
+If an alt acts with it's maker's personality, it is commonly called a 'self insert.' This is not a degrading term in most cases.
+You can put several characters into one alt slot, just say who's there or just assign them text fonts if you want to use more than three characters. The third can be rather annoying, however due to hacing to remember them all.
+Continuity isn't really necessary outside of certain topics. Meaning if one alt is currently in the middle of something, they can be in a different spot and no one will question it much unless the topic is a continuation of the one the character was involved in.

I would go into godmodding, but you've already got that covered.
Enjoy your stay, if you decide to start.
Gemstone Goods    
Super Ultimario

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:06 am   Reply with quote

Alright, cool. I've got the entrance topic up (http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=129262), and I've also got my stickied blog topic for my characters (or, at the moment, character) (http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=129261)
Ultimario Mart!    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:15 pm   Reply with quote

I can help you get started, if you wish... I have a plot going on right now that you would fit into.
The Domain of Secrets    
Super Ultimario

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote

Black Yoshi wrote:
I can help you get started, if you wish... I have a plot going on right now that you would fit into.

I was thinking the same thing. The whole concentration of evil named Tim plot, right? It's pretty fitting, because right now Ultimario doesn't know about the whole situation and doesn't see reason to unseal himself, so if he knew about that it'd give him plenty of reason to come out instead of looking like "AGH I WANNA HAVE MY MAIN CHARACTER BE ACTIVE HEY SEALED GUY IN A CAN COME OUT NOW FOR NO GOOD REASON DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU'VE BEEN SEALED FOR MONTHS/YEARS"
Ultimario Mart!    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:55 pm   Reply with quote

UltiMario wrote:
Black Yoshi wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. The whole concentration of evil named Tim plot, right? It's pretty fitting, because right now Ultimario doesn't know about the whole situation and doesn't see reason to unseal himself, so if he knew about that it'd give him plenty of reason to come out instead of looking like "AGH I WANNA HAVE MY MAIN CHARACTER BE ACTIVE HEY SEALED GUY IN A CAN COME OUT NOW FOR NO GOOD REASON DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU'VE BEEN SEALED FOR MONTHS/YEARS"

Sounds like it would work. I still am looking for people to join the Resistance, after all.
The Domain of Secrets    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic