digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

a mini mod suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 pm   Reply with quote

I'm not begging for more mods, nor that i want to be one, but we had one before, kind of like a mini mod. How about we have mod who mods a single forum? Like an RP mod, or a gaming mod (which is unpopular, unfortuenaely for me, which is half the reason I'm back), and perhaps even a single OT mod. We can even have a chat mod or another judge for the court, having the power of saying guilty/nonguilty.
Again, its only a suggestion. If its not done, its okay. I only want to help this place, even if its a little, I wanna help this forum a lot.
Baby Shop    
Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:41 pm   Reply with quote

It's perfect. I'm supporting this.
The BroBot Market    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 pm   Reply with quote

The Green Thunder (Mr. L) wrote:
It's perfect. I'm supporting this.

lol thanks, although I don't think its an A perfect suggestion. Half the reason I suggested this is because I want the gamings forum (brawl, etc) to receive more attention. :\
Baby Shop    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:19 pm   Reply with quote

Since you've only been back recently you might have not noticed, but, I guess the verdict declaring in court is fine as is. It's a poll only mods can vote on. Well, I'm not sure whether a vote can be changed once cast, and maybe that little pgrade could perfect the system... But most if not all of our mods have the responsibility to hear before voting.

Otherwise, though, I support. I've seen many forums that do this have it work well. For example, areas like OT tend to crapload and can even spawn multiple pages, and maybe the mods can't be bothered to read all of it. So, reading all of it while not needing to care about other areas could be a job for an area mod.

In places where I see this working right, it goes just the same way. Usually, the fanfiction and off-topic areas crapload, but each has a respective moderator, and they match each area: The fanfiction area moderator tends to be a person that acts by the book and will not have mercy when doling out punishment to commentary that doesn't add to the topic, or topics that can't be considered fanfic; while the off-topic area moderator is a bit more easy-going but knows when things have gone overboard, and thus, will be able to strike blatant spam without having less fun or respect.

In case of tl;dr or just because it has to be said, support'd.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:35 pm   Reply with quote

CFH wrote:
Since you've only been back recently you might have not noticed, but, I guess the verdict declaring in court is fine as is. It's a poll only mods can vote on. Well, I'm not sure whether a vote can be changed once cast, and maybe that little pgrade could perfect the system... But most if not all of our mods have the responsibility to hear before voting.

I noticed the poll too, didn't knew it was for mods only. Does the poll decides whether someone is guilty or not?

Quote:
Otherwise, though, I support. I've seen many forums that do this have it work well. For example, areas like OT tend to crapload and can even spawn multiple pages, and maybe the mods can't be bothered to read all of it. So, reading all of it while not needing to care about other areas could be a job for an area mod.

Yes, thank you. Only a few noticed that too. Though those "Other forums" you mentioned are probably a big community forum like GameFAQ. However, we're still growing everyday, getting newbies here and there, so I guess having mini mods isn't a bad idea at all.

Quote:
In places where I see this working right, it goes just the same way. Usually, the fanfiction and off-topic areas crapload, but each has a respective moderator, and they match each area: The fanfiction area moderator tends to be a person that acts by the book and will not have mercy when doling out punishment to commentary that doesn't add to the topic, or topics that can't be considered fanfic; while the off-topic area moderator is a bit more easy-going but knows when things have gone overboard, and thus, will be able to strike blatant spam without having less fun or respect.

That might already be a rule, unless I'm missing something. Perhaps a fanfic/creation mod would be super as well. And to add on to my suggestion, a creation mod should be someone good at art or writing, an RP mod should be an expert at RPing. A Gaming mod should be someone who knows whats currently going on in the gaming department. An OT mod should be someone who just knows the rules, but doesn't have to be too strict, like you said. It won't hurt to at least one more person to help this place.

Quote:
In case of tl;dr or just because it has to be said, support'd.

lol
Baby Shop    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:00 pm   Reply with quote

Big Sammer Guy wrote:
CFH wrote:

I noticed the poll too, didn't knew it was for mods only. Does the poll decides whether someone is guilty or not?
Yup, it does.

Big Sammer Guy wrote:
Quote:

Yes, thank you. Only a few noticed that too. Though those "Other forums" you mentioned are probably a big community forum like GameFAQ. However, we're still growing everyday, getting newbies here and there, so I guess having mini mods isn't a bad idea at all.
Actually, fairly small forums have done that before as well. It works regardless of forum size. Well, except if the forum is so ridiculously small it doesn't even have anyone but a single admin.

Big Sammer Guy wrote:
Quote:

That might already be a rule, unless I'm missing something. Perhaps a fanfic/creation mod would be super as well. And to add on to my suggestion, a creation mod should be someone good at art or writing, an RP mod should be an expert at RPing. A Gaming mod should be someone who knows whats currently going on in the gaming department. An OT mod should be someone who just knows the rules, but doesn't have to be too strict, like you said. It won't hurt to at least one more person to help this place.
Well, those are examples from outside, not inside. I'm not sure whether we need a creations mod, we already have a mod who covers that area well, and still manages to work on the rest. Gaming isn't big enough to need a mod of its own.

But, well, mods for OT and RPOT are probably sure to work out. They just need to be well picked. Both need to have a clear idea of the rules, and know when it's fun and when it's just spam. Well, I guess I can't say a lot about RPOT, so this thread needs to hear more RPOT people on the matter. But OT certainly wouldn't be hurt by a mod, as long as it's a good one.

I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

I support this and there are members that could be made a mini mod.

Like have one that hangs out in OT more than others(and follows the rules of the area) could be made a mod for OT.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm   Reply with quote

I support this. A lot. And RPOT needs a specified mod. Bad. D:
Junk shop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote

How about being a Mini-mod is a prerequisite to gaining modship? Since it would ease the process of the sudden burdens that mods gain.

Even so, I support this idea. It seems rather exceptional.
The Town of Lix    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:39 am   Reply with quote

I'm pretty much the Your Creation mod ( though I have been slacking as of late. D: ) But I don't really think we need it, because as of last week we gained more mods than we'd ever had before. D:
The Carmadox Party    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 pm   Reply with quote

Seven mods ensures that one is on at virtually all times. Plus Francis would decide on the mini-mods, and think: What powers would a mini-mod have? It certainly can't have the same powers a regular mod has, and people would be asking mini-mods to mod other forums because they're the only ones on, but their hands will be tied. Plus then we'd have a huge rush of topics cleverly worded so that it isn't just "FRANIS MINI-MOD ME PLZ". I'm sorry, but this idea gets the Seto Kaiba seal of disapproval. *thumbs down*

Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:40 pm   Reply with quote

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Seven mods ensures...

Well, nine Moderators, actually, with the addition of M'aiq and Black Yoshi to the staff. But your point remains unchanged, anyway.
Dimension D    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:52 pm   Reply with quote

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Seven mods ensures that one is on at virtually all times. Plus Francis would decide on the mini-mods, and think: What powers would a mini-mod have? It certainly can't have the same powers a regular mod has, and people would be asking mini-mods to mod other forums because they're the only ones on, but their hands will be tied. Plus then we'd have a huge rush of topics cleverly worded so that it isn't just "FRANIS MINI-MOD ME PLZ". I'm sorry, but this idea gets the Seto Kaiba seal of disapproval. *thumbs down*

You do have a point there. My suggestion was to help in case that kind of thing DID happen (Like if no mod was on, an OT mini mod online could help) but you still do have a point there.
Still, I was thinking of a mini mod like...a gaming mini mod who have a good knowledge of video games and it's current events, such as new releases. Butttt thats just me. Maybe this topic is asking for more mods.
As for the "FRANCIS MINI MOD ME PLX", from what I've seen, no one has ever "begged" to be a mod.
Baby Shop    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm   Reply with quote

I think that we could have mini-mods cover a few forums but only those. For example, we could have a mini-mod who moderates Gaming, Gaming News & Reviews, SMG, SSBB, MKW, Digital Butterflies, Media, Geek Gear, and General Discussion, while somebody else moderates Your Creations, Role-Play Off-Topic, Role-Play, Picto Forum, Oekaki, and Off-Topic. With a system like this, a mini-mod isn't helpless if there's spam outside of their one forum and can read almost every post in their respective sections, but they do have enough to moderate to not be bored all the time.
Ultimario Mart!    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:16 pm   Reply with quote

UltiMario wrote:
I think that we could have mini-mods cover a few forums but only those. For example, we could have a mini-mod who moderates Gaming, Gaming News & Reviews, SMG, SSBB, MKW, Digital Butterflies, Media, Geek Gear, and General Discussion, while somebody else moderates Your Creations, Role-Play Off-Topic, Role-Play, Picto Forum, Oekaki, and Off-Topic. With a system like this, a mini-mod isn't helpless if there's spam outside of their one forum and can read almost every post in their respective sections, but they do have enough to moderate to not be bored all the time.

That's a HUMONGOUS generalization. YC is not at all like RP, nor is it Picto. Geek Gear =/= Gaming. I know you're trying to make an example, but think it through a little more. A mini-mod for a general area needs to have those areas MATCH, and even then, the mods already take care of those areas, so once again, mini-mods aren't needed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback