digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

School Issues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
Serene Absolute~
Zuzu

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 pm   Reply with quote

Well...

I transferred schools over the Christmas break, since I had to move down to North Carolina. I really thought this school would be similar, since it was supposedly based on the philosophy of the school systems' overall founder.

However, although it could be because I miss my previous school (6 people in the entire 9th grade!!!), this school doesn't seem as...fun, or rather, as enjoyable. Though I did not have any friends in my 9th grade (I've a bit of an inferior complex, mind you), they were a lot nicer towards me than my fellow 18 classmates at my new school.

So, I've been thinking of changing schools again, maybe around 10th or 11th ('cause I was signed up for the school I'm at now for next year), and my mom was helping me look into them. Only thing is, I don't know if those schools would be any different. Hopefully, they won't be public school-like (I changed schools over the summer after 7th grade; public school nearly ate me alive).

But at the same time, I don't want to change schools again. I don't want to go in knowing I'm new and that I've transferred schools at least 3 times already.

So yeah. I'm kind of stressed, but I'm hoping to cope with it for the time being.
Artifacts of Tetyth    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:19 pm   Reply with quote

School really sucks when the other students are jackasses. I would know.

Then again, for most, high school isn't very enjoyable. :\
some shop lol    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 pm   Reply with quote

It supposedly gets better in your junior and senior year if you move in as a freshman. Supposedly.
The Town of Lix    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:24 pm   Reply with quote

Why not just homeschool?

That's what I do...did...will do again.
Dimension C    
Serene Absolute~
Zuzu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm... I suppose junior an senior years may be better (did you know "sophomore" means "wise fool" or something like that? XD My English teacher from my previous school taught us freshman that since that school only had up to 10th grade as of now (and will have up to 12th grade by 2011)).

But yeah. I'd also liked to be homeschooled, but it means one of my parents would have to get that kind of degree or whatever, so I can't really be homeschooled.
Artifacts of Tetyth    
Nimexa, The Gentle Breeze
Dark Prognosticus
Burning Werewolf

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah something like that happened all 4 years in my high school. Can't wait for me to get out to college. >.>
Dark Prognosticus` Deed Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

North Carolina? You wouldn't happen to live in Buncombe County, would y--*shot*

I hope stuff gets better for you... D:
Buzzy Mart    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53 pm   Reply with quote

Eh, I like public schools, and the crowded-ness of it.

I just like to laugh at other peoples misfortunes that I hear.
Ornaments    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:40 am   Reply with quote

Jesus H Christ wrote:
Eh, I like public schools, and the crowded-ness of it.

I just like to laugh at other peoples misfortunes that I hear.
My only problem with things like that is that I would be the person you're laughing at.
Console Merchandise    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:17 pm   Reply with quote

Hey, take it from someone that knows, Sometimes you have to make the best with what you got.

I used to transfer schools a lot, The problem with doing that is that you have no chance to lay any roots, and without any roots you have no real friends, so instead of graduating with some freinds, you might graduate with none.

So My advice is to stick things through, even if its hard. with any luck you might make some new friends =3
Poison's Boutique    
Serene Absolute~
Zuzu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:31 pm   Reply with quote

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate all the advice you have given me ^^

Well, I suppose I'm still a bit unsure about what to do period, but... Yeah XD I'll probably stay at this school for at least halfway through 10th.
Artifacts of Tetyth    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger