digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

An idea...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:39 am   Reply with quote

This probably won't catch on, but I thought I'd give it a shot. It is loosely/vaguely based on our real life system of government, because I feel Digi is big enough for it to work. We at the moment are pretty much in a Dictatorship (i.e. Francis is Supreme Overlord, Mods are Secret Police, Etc.) and I feel it could be changed.

The DbPD (Digbutter Police Department) can arrest/fine members if rules are broken. Also, if at any time, a member in the DbPD breaks the law, he/she is to be expelled from the DbPD. DbPD members can serve as long as they please. Francis will have the ability to override any Police Officer's decision. The Government (see below) will choose new Police Officers. The same Francis rule applies in this area as well.

The Justice System would be used whenever a member commits a crime. If a member commits a crime, a topic is made in Court, where the Criminal can plead his case. If he chooses, the Criminal can hire another Digibutter member to be a Defense attorney for him. If the crime is against another member, that member, if he chooses to file charges, is the Plaintiff. He can hire a Prosecuting attorney to aid him against the Criminal. If a Criminal pleads Not Guilty/Guilty, a trial happens, and both sides (Prosecuting attorney/Plaintiff, Defense attorney/Defendant) show their case, call witnesses, reveal evidence, etc. and then the Supreme Justice (Court Mini-Mod) rules on the verdict, and hands out punishment. Francis can overrule any ruling the Supreme Justice makes. If a No Contest plea is entered, the Defendant simply takes his punishment, end of story.

The Government would impose new laws and other stuff (i.e. Proposal to Allow Spamming in OT, Proposal to increase fines, etc.). The Government would consist of the President and a Group of People he selects. They represent Digibutter as a whole (i.e. The President would represent us in a competition on another site that involves people from various other forums). The President writes up the laws, and gives them to his various elected officials. They in turn collaborate and say Yes, or No to the Proposal. After they decide, it is sent back to the President who can then revise the law before sending it back to his officials, or toss the idea out the window. There would be a Vice President as well. He takes over the President's spot if something happens to the President. He also breaks ties in any decision if necessary. Francis can, at any time, overlaw any Proposal passed by the Government.

This way, we can somewhat govern ourselves steadily, while Francis can spend that extra time to work on new and exciting features for the site. He still has power however to make sure we don't cause to much trouble (i.e. Corrupt members in the above mentioned seats of power).

Tell me what you think. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I shall answer when I have time.
Die4Less Corp.    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:32 am   Reply with quote

This is basically what Francis does, you just made it more complicated o__o
I say we keep what we have. We are going to have a secret police force soon anyways.
Baby Shop    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am   Reply with quote

Most of these are pretty pointless and redundant ideas that will only complicate stuff up.

Want a piece of advice when you're thinking ideas for Digi? Avoid bringing real ideas to internet. They are quite different from each other, and some things from life are very pointless when it comes to internet.

Defense attorneys are a specially good example. You see, at real life, they are essential to represent their clients and defend their interests. But who needs that on internet? Seriously, the worst thing that could happen to you is lose the ability to access the forum (a.k.a. BANBANBAN). You're not going to be sent to (a true kind of) jail, or executed, or fined (real) money.

We have a place we call "court", but it's not really supposed to be holding extremely formal trials with lawyers involved and all. They are just there for people to express that their punishment was not valid, be them right or not. Sometimes it's more used to whine about the moderation or the strike itself, but.

Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:31 pm   Reply with quote

No holds barred. I hate this idea. I don't even support the police force. This is an overcomplicated system, and the even the police force makes it overly complicated. The current system is fine. The mods do the work just fine. It's because of people who don't realize how good they have it, that cause these complications. They don't realize that these mods are just doing their job, and they complain about every single strike that is made. Don't you see, Francis? Your mods are doing everything just fine! If you make the police force, then you'll just speed the destruction of this site! DO NOT CREATE THE POLICE FORCE! Leave things the way they are! Right now we are doing great with our two new mods. If you change this system now, you'll ruin all the good that came from the adding of two new mods by revoking their ability to report posts. All that will do is cause more complaining! In short...Francis, CFH, Die4Less, just drop the ideas. Kaiba out.

Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:07 pm   Reply with quote

I think I like the whole "WE HAVE MODS AND AN ADMIN AS WELL AS A PUNISHMENT SYSTEM GO" thing we have a lot more than giving unnecessary power away.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:25 pm   Reply with quote

No, it'll be just like court. Stupid. I understand Francis and maybe some of you guys want Digibutter to be different from most forums, but, changing up the punishment system to something completely different doesn't really work. In all honesty, the 3 strikes system works pretty well. You don't really need to make it more complicated than that.
Nastasia's Shop    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

Seto Kaiba wrote:
In short...Francis, CFH, Die4Less, just drop the ideas. Kaiba out.
Whatever did I do?

Except, of course, if you are talking about supporting a completely unrelated idea in a different topic.

Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Nastasia wrote:
No, it'll be just like court. Stupid. I understand Francis and maybe some of you guys want Digibutter to be different from most forums, but, changing up the punishment system to something completely different doesn't really work. In all honesty, the 3 strikes system works pretty well. You don't really need to make it more complicated than that.
Um...

We don't have our awesome 3 strikes system anymore. It got replaced with court, remember?
A Bucket of Stuff    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:
Nastasia wrote:
Um...

We don't have our awesome 3 strikes system anymore. It got replaced with court, remember?

I know that. sorry i should have worded that differently
Nastasia's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback