digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

WHAT IS THIS STRANGE FEELING

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:02 pm   Reply with quote

Lately, I've been feeling weird about school.

I love school, I really do. The teachers are awesome, I rarely get homework, and I actually have friends. A lot of them, too. I always have a lot of fun at school, and I always have plenty to tell my parents when they ask how my day was. Not to mention that having my mom drive me to school every morning (it's about 15 or 20 minutes away) has let me spend more time with her, which is nice.

Honestly, the only bad parts are the stress that comes with some of the heavier assignments in class, the fact that I usually don't eat much at school and therefore I'm really hungry when I get home (all I ate today was a sugar donut, lol), and the fact that it takes me around an hour to get home every day. I actually like the school bus and walking home from where I get off the city bus, and the city bus itself isn't bad...it's just the fact that I usually have to wait a half-hour for the city bus.

It sucks because none of my friends take the bus so I'm alone with a bunch of strangers, and the fact that the weather here in Wisconsin has been pretty weird lately. Last week we were in the 60's, now we've got wind chills below zero and snow. I can bear the weather, it's just that it's sooooo boring. I usually bring my DS, but I can never take my hands out of my pockets because my hands get all cold within a minute or two, even with gloves on (plus, playing the DS with gloves is kind of hard). Not to mention that the fact that you can rarely sit on the cute little hill in front of the bus stop because of rain and/or snow, so I have to stand that whole time, bored and lonely. Bawwwwww. Of course, it'll probably get better once winter goes away, but being up north-ish and all, winter seems to last so much longer.

Aaaaaaaaanyways, I'm straying from the point.

I fail to understand why I dread going to school when morning rolls around, and why I get sad when the weekends or vacations end.

I don't get it. If I'm always so happy at school and I love it so much, wouldn't I be excited to go to school? I mean, some of you guys don't have a lot of friends, or your teachers are horrible and give out a lot of homework...my school probably sounds like a dream compared to a lot of the other schools I've seen. I really love my school, I'm looking forward to spending the next three years of high school there.

So, why do I hate it and love it at the same time? I've usually always loved my schools, so why do I hate actually GOING to school?

Maybe it's one of them craaaaaazy teen things. iunno

Also, pretty much the only reason I made this topic was because I was bored and I could and I like writing.

THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR NOT POSTING ENOUGH TO MAKE ME NOT BORED

SO POST MORE OR I'LL MAKE ANOTHER WALL OF TEXT ABOUT STUFF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT

i'm so evil
~The Shop with Stuff~    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm   Reply with quote

I'm the same way about school. I'm like "UGH I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL BUT I WANT TO SEE MY FRIENDS SO I HAVE TO ANYWAY. D:"
The Carmadox Party    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:28 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
I'm the same way about school. I'm like "UGH I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL BUT I WANT TO SEE MY FRIENDS SO I HAVE TO ANYWAY. D:"

Quite so.

Whenever my parents give me the option to stay home (if I'm sick or on special occasions), I usually just go to school. If I don't, I always end up feeling guilty and sad for some reason.

lolwut
~The Shop with Stuff~    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 pm   Reply with quote

I identify, but in a different way.

On one hand, my school is brutal. Last year, they kept saying bad things about the teachers that would come up next, so that we would go not expecting the teachers to be nice. And that's for a reason. Some teachers do live up to that.

And the homework -- argwolg the homework. I have a small notebook to keep track of homework (I know it's pretty much essential material but I forgot what's it called in English so yeah), and if you see a page that does not have at least two pieces of homework written on it, it means I haven't had a class that day. And two is only the minimum. The average is, say... Four. I've been having to do miracles to keep my list of not done homework clean. I'll feel extremely shamed if I manage to screw up within the first few weeks.

And then there's the fact my sleeping habits suck, so, I'm nearly never in disposition for the first three classes. And that piles up with the fact that, at Fridays, I also have two extra classes. One of them is P.E., but this year's teachers completely crushed my good image of it. They're so nitpicky they won't let you in the class if you're not wearing socks long enough.

To deliver the final blow, there's the friends, or should I say, lack of thereof. My problem isn't loneliness; I'm used to being all by myself. I actually like it. My problem is with the, let's say, bullies. With the exception of one, they aren't on to me specifically quite often, but, they'll make every class even more of a mockery for everybody else, teachers and students alike.

However, I still like the school. Some people ask me whether I'm enjoying being at it, and I say I do. And I'm not faking it when I do.

Probably, this for a fair few reasons. To start with, I've only been there for two years, in fact. Before, I used to go somewhere worse. My brother's still in the school I left, and from what I hear from him, it's not inclined to get any better. And then, there's the fact this school gives your career a *crag* turbo boost. And lastly, because it's all so difficult, the feeling of victory is twice as sweet when victory occours.

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:35 pm   Reply with quote

It's been the same for me. For one, I have seven classes in a day, usually have one measly meal for lunch (The school lunch is about twice the size of my lunch), then I have my two most intriguing classes. Usually, it's pretty boring for me (i.e. Algebra), but otherwise, I actually like school. I have a table I sit at during lunch, and the guys aren't idiots or jerks. They're actually kinda funny. Still, I kinda want to go to school and stay at home on days. Sure, my teachers are nice and all, but I'm kinda stressed in school.
The Town of Lix    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 pm   Reply with quote

HMMM HOW COINCIDENTAL THAT A SITUATION THAT THIS OCCURS THE DAY I MAKE THIS TOPIC

My parents just asked me to stay home tomorrow because my nine-year-old brother will probably be home sick.

I really don't want to stay home, though. I have a lot of work to do at school tomorrow, especially this project I have in I.P.O.E. (my group, and our grade, pretty much depends on me being there).

I hate missing school. I missed a day or two of school last semester and had a lot of work to make up, then I missed one day of school this semester and my Computer Apps grade dropped from an A+ to a B because of the work I missed. I really can't afford missing school.

Then again, I could just relax and be lazy all day, maybe do some writing...but I just know I'd end up bored out of my skull. No one's ever here during the day, so I'd get lonely. ):

But my parents really need my help, too...my little brother is supposedly too little to be home alone (fffffff, I was home alone all the time when I was that age), my mom and step-dad have to go to work because they already missed two days each or something, my sister will be out of the house, and my older brother hasn't gone to school all week long, so he probably has to go tomorrow.

I hate it when everyone in the house is sick except meeeeee.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger