digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

OOC: Is it just me...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:17 pm   Reply with quote

...or is everyone here only concerned about fighting at this point? Whatever happened to socializing? Nowadays it's all about ""I have a magic sword/magic item/magic/superpowers." "I also have some form of superpower!" "Let's play Rock'em Sock'em Robots with eachother!" "Okay!"" That's one of the reasons I made Isaac. He's not all about fighting. Sure he can, and he likes bettering himself, but unlike everyone else, he's a...I don't know whether to call him a Badass Normal or a The Krillin. Either way, he doesn't use superpowers. He uses his knowledge of fighting styles, unarmed strikes, and reading his opponent to defeat his enemies, unlike everyone else who vies for the top of the food chain by making their characters as godly as possible and then getting into what is basically two invulnerable characters trying fruitlessly to defeat eachother. Before you even say your character has a weakness, can it. Often times the weaknesses are very obscure to anyone who cannot read your thoughts or hasn't seen the anime/played the game. Even when it is obvious, a lot of you tend to make these weaknesses very hard to exploit in a battle. Overall, this place is basically turning into Bleach: too many character god-tiers. [/endrant]

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 pm   Reply with quote

I try the least for that to happen. All my characters have their flaws if you know who/what they really are.

Gilgamesh has his huge ego.

Lancer's weapon poses a disadvantage at times, and he's not exactly the strongest being.

Zetta isn't built for physical attacks, so he'll generally try his hardest, but he does have quite a bit of magic, specializing in electrical manipulation, to cope up for that.

Alexander, however, is probably my strongest character, by potential. His only problem is that he's sealed up most of his power into twelve separate seals, one of which is broken. This means, that even though he's the equal to Zeromus and Terrus, and potentially stronger than gods, his current strength is fairly small compared to what it actually is. And besides, he lacks a specialty, and his Giant/Eidolon forms are excessively slow, too.

Some of my characters weaknesses, like Lancer's, Zettas, and Alexander's, require some thinking about. For example, fighting Lancer on a flight of steps puts yourself at a disadvantage, and fighting Zetta in a room filled with metal does too.
The Town of Lix    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:46 pm   Reply with quote

Pommy is a total wimp who hates fighting, and though King Porky is invincible, it doesn't matter, because he's not usually with everybody in person and his machine isn't exactly godly. The only character I have who's beating the crap out of people is the Air Marshal, and he's a blundering grumpy fat guy! Anyways, you're overreacting about what is, I think 2-4 topics with any actual battles in it, so...

ENOUGH.
Hell    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:49 pm   Reply with quote

Tails Doll wrote:
Pommy is a total wimp who hates fighting, and though King Porky is invincible, it doesn't matter, because he's not usually with everybody in person and his machine isn't exactly godly. The only character I have who's beating the crap out of people is the Air Marshal, and he's a blundering grumpy fat guy! Anyways, you're overreacting about what is, I think 2-4 topics with any actual battles in it, so...

ENOUGH.

2-4 topics? I'm not talking recently. I'm talking about ALL THE TIME. Think back to the Underwhere plot. It got ruined due to everyone wanting to fight. I do admit I got into the fight too, but the point still stands.

Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 pm   Reply with quote

Kind of agreed... that's why I never really make "fight" topics.

Explains why they get ignored, really. XD;
Buzzy Mart    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:25 pm   Reply with quote

Don't look at me. I'm really not a fan of fighting topics, mainly because I've never been good at acting fights out. When my characters fight amongst themselves, it's usually either a pretty one-sided deal (and someone's dead within two minutes, if that), or some kind of trippy mind-*crag* fight thing.

But, some people like fighting and stuff, so if they want to blast each other's brains out, it's cool with me. I guess I'm just not aggressive enough lulz~
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote

I've been avoiding fight RPs for the past three months. They just don't really interest me.

It's actually really hard to keep up a socializing topic when my topics only die after the second page is up.
Ammu-Nation!    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

I dislike fighting topics.

My characters always end up dead. >.>
Console Merchandise    
BANJO KA-FREAKING-ZOOIE
top minion tails
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

I'm planning on a strategy adventure based plot that has todo with the pigmasks and porky
Megatropolis    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic