digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Analysis of the situation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 pm   Reply with quote

Now I've been off and on for the past few days, so I don't have a full understanding of all that has happened, but from my point of view, this is what's what.

Look, whether you want to admit it or not, Digi IS indeed heading down a road that will only lead to it's death. If things don't change the CORRECT way, the situation will only worsen.

First things first. One of the main problems is the fact that, people are acting like asses. You know who you are. I don't need to make a list. All I have to say to you people is, grow up. Your stupidity is making members hate this site, and want to leave, or care less about it. In addition to that, you are also causing potentially good, NEW members (Which by the way, are important for a community to thrive) to become inactive before there first week or two is up. It's ridiculous. Stop acting so immaturely. Stop flaming people when they don't agree with you. Stop picking on random members. Just, stop acting like you own the place, and people should worship at your feet. Because you know something, you don't. Your actions show that you hardly understand ANYTHING.

Because of this, good members who aren't like YOU people end up getting sick of the site, and leaving. The less members we have, the less activity we will have, and the less members will want to stay. It's like the raising taxes. It's bad. Further more, the less GOOD members there are, the more BAD members there are for the moderators to handle, thus making some feel to stressed to care any longer, if they even remain in the first place.

Further more, your antics keep potential good members from being active. So now, we cannot even have fresh blood in the forums. Just the same old trashy illnesses like you. You even convince BAD new members to stay and spam with you. Your like AIDS. Nobody truly likes you.

But it's not only YOUR fault. It's also the fault of Francis and partially the moderators. Both of these groups are hardly on. When they are, what do they do? How often does Francis himself even make light conversation when he is on? Now I'm not saying they are BAD, but if they can't handle the job, as much as it pains them, they need to GIVE IT UP. Digibutter is more important than your fragile pride. Further more, the moderators and Francis are not nearly strict enough. They're all soft, and more often than not they do not strike important things. To make up for their lack of work, they strike RIDICULOUS things to make it seem like they are doing their job sometimes (Keep in mind, I'm not saying ALL moderators do this). When bad strikes are made, people lose faith in their moderators and their administrator. This cause people to spam along with the spammers, or leave. It's a complete failure of order, and is very VERY dangerous.

Next on the agenda is the rest of Digi. The normal, "good" members. I keep using the term "good" members because the spammers are indeed bad members. You are nothing more than a bunch of shit filled sacks festering in the corner. You are BAD. You are worthless to the site. So get lost. Now then...the other members...the problem with you is that you either A. Don't do anything, or B. Just wine and complain. Now I may sound hypocritical, but the thing is, like I'm about to do, you need to give suggestions on how to improve the condition. Not just bitch about things that you can do nothing about. That's right. Get this through your skull. YOU. CAN. DO. NOTHING. You have NO POWER. Francis holds ALL THE POWER. So rather than just complain, give ideas for Francis to use to fix the site. And Francis, LISTEN TO THESE IDEAS. This forum is a community of people, not some dictatorship. You must listen to their opinions, and implement want they want now and again. Yes, you must also do what you believe is best, but don't just sit there and say NOTHING when people post well though plans. All this does is feed the spammers and attention whores.

So...how can we fix the site? Well, these are just a few of the ideas I have.

First on the list is, although many of you don't want to hear it, Role playing. There needs to be more role playing. Think back those of you who still remain, who joined back during the "golden age" of Digibutter. What made Digi so different? To me, it was just...fun. Everyone came and posted whatever, and everyone got a laugh out of it. People joined as their favorite characters, and goofed around in "serious" topics, all the while having a serious message as well. The RP forums were much more active, with well- thought plots and fun for all. Not this selective crap I've been seeing. Now, I understand RP was no the sole think keeping Digi alive, but it was a pice that we have lost, and desperately need back. Why do you think members like Lord Bowser and Chaos Dimentio became so popular, and are, or at least were highly respected? People saw them as friendly, fun people who really knew how to get into character, and someone they could easily get along with. Now I understand that everyone is not creative, or does not have a passion for RPing. That is not the point I am trying to get across. The point I'm making is this: Those of you who hate RPing...why? Why bother pick on those who do? So what if you don't like it? Don't RP. It's as simple as that. Leave those alone who like to. Don't constantly call those who RP fags, and if you don't RP, leave the RP topics alone. Just be nice. What do you have to gain from hurting people, and causing them to lose interest in the site. People like you are causing the site to crash and burn. Just be nice. Leave people alone. We are all a community here.

And that reminds me. Something else we need is to revitalize the friendly atmosphere of Digi. Everyone has seems to have joined these little factions nowadays. These faction continuously conflict with each other, which just cause more problems. We don't need conflict between our members, we need UNITY. So what if one person likes Anime and another hates it. You wouldn't act this way to someone in real life, so don't do it here.

And none of that "But this is the internet, stop taking it so seriously" shit. YOU are not saying it jokingly. You are PURPOSELY attempting to drive those people of different factions off and you KNOW it. Like hell people won't take serious comments seriously. Idiots. A community is a community, no matter where it is, and everyone deserve to be respected. I know I sound hypocritical right now by the way I'm writing this, but you are not acting like you have interest in a healthy community, so I will not treat you like you belong here.

I mentioned this above, but the moderators and Francis need to be more strict. There are a LOT of people that need to be kicked out Francis and you KNOW it. Stop being so SOFT. Less strikes and more BANS. That's what we need. Hardly anyone has any respect for you or the mods. You don't DO ANYTHING...for the most part.

That's right people, Francis and the moderators are TRYING to get things done. There truly are. To the best of there abilities. So lay off a little. Yes, they may not be perfect, but they ARE TRYING.

As for changes being made to the site, Francis, we don't need NEW things. We need changes that put us back where we were, not heading in a new direction. We need a few more parties and special events. Maybe another site plot or two. And most importantly, the site needs to become more SPM themed. Maybe make some kind of Catch Card function?

So there. That's my analysis of the situation. This is through MY eyes, so you may not agree with everything. I'd appreciate some feedback, but I suppose most of you don't like me, so I don't expect any.

*prepares for flame*
Dimension C    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

Actually, I agree with every single thing on there. I think this post deserves like eternal fame

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:35 pm   Reply with quote

Okay, so why don't you help?
Stuff Mart    
How deliciously sexual
Emil
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

Alright, so you basically leave for months, then come back for a day or two just to tell us we suck and the site is gonna die unless we change everything, and then leave again. That kinda pisses me off. Just a little.

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who feels this way?
Green Para-Koopa's Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:59 pm   Reply with quote

Emil wrote:
Alright, so you basically leave for months, then come back for a day or two just to tell us we suck and the site is gonna die unless we change everything, and then leave again. That kinda pisses me off. Just a little.

You may not like it, and you may not think he has the right to say it, but he's right. You can't deny it, unless you do the whole tl;dr thing

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:26 pm   Reply with quote

Before I left the team, I made very strong emphasis, as did other Mods, that Francis needs to be a lot less soft than he has. I hope he takes it to heart.
Dimension D    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 pm   Reply with quote

Emil and LVK are right.

If you think we suck so bad, either you do something to change it, or gtfo.

seriously I'm tired of rant posts. can't we all try to get al-

oh wait that won't happen here, so you might as well leave.

i try to have fun around here, thats all.

but whats done is done, so just do what I do, not care and have fun.
Baby Shop    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 pm   Reply with quote

Francis is gone, the site isn't going to update.

Nothing new means new members aren't required nor will they come.

It's over, stop complaining about it when we all knew this was happening months ago.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote

Just because I've been gone, doesn't mean I have the inability to analyse and come to conclusions.

The reason I don't make drastic changes is because, again, I CAN'T. I hold NO power.

I'm not saying the site and all of it's members suck. I'm saying a great site with good people might end up dying if it doesn't change in certain ways, in my opinion. That is all.
Dimension C    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 pm   Reply with quote

Most of the people leaving are either bored of this forum or they think people still hate RPOT even though that shit ended like a YEAR ago.

Plus Francis is killing digibutter anyways with that digibeta he's making. it's not even a forum. :\ just a bunch of little chat rooms
Nastasia's Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 am   Reply with quote

Nastasia wrote:
Most of the people leaving are either bored of this forum or they think people still hate RPOT even though that shit ended like a YEAR ago.

Plus Francis is killing digibutter anyways with that digibeta he's making. it's not even a forum. :\ just a bunch of little chat rooms

Which is essentially what a forum is.

Auto refresh =/= instant chatroom.

Digibeta isn't killing digi. Digi is essentially eating itself.
Francis has become inactive, and cannot be on long enough to supply updates to the site.
Members turn on eachother because they see nothing better to do.
New members are scared/enraged off.
Gemstone Goods    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:27 am   Reply with quote

Emil wrote:

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
Okay, so why don't you help?

I could pretend to be shocked and go all "But he just went through all the trouble of cooking up an entire seven-course meal of revitalizing strategy for stopping Decaybutter ! Isn't that what he does with helping, leading out a path and trying to follow it ?"

But then I remembered that, if you write a proposal around here, people probably didn't read it. Or didn't read it properly.

Yes, he peppered his arguments with too many insults as to not hurt your overinflated internet ego and now you sit at home behind your computers, thinking through the mask of an avatar.

Be yourself once, 'k ?

This is the internet. We're miles apart. But here, on digibutter, we converge and cross paths.

If you fail to pay the meetings in this place the same respect as real meetings, and do not judge people worthy of the same basic politeness as you'd show people in real life, then you've sadly misunderstood the purpose of this entire age of information and there is no place for you here.

So you're pissed off. Why ? Because he insulted you ? You do that to each other every day, so why are you suddenly offended ? Is it because he paints a target on everyone and reminds us that a successful community takes actual work, and we've neglected to do our part ? Is it because he pointed out that we had a time where we didn't need moderators because we didn't let our every hormone-fuelled whim run rampant ?
Yes.

I think we're really annoyed because we've neglected to do the simple things.

Digibutter is like a part, and nobody has clipped the hedges, raked the paths or empties the bins. The pond is full of dead ducks, and people are throwing up from out of the trees.

Stupid Blonde wrote:
Emil and LVK are right.

If you think we suck so bad, either you do something to change it, or gtfo.

seriously I'm tired of rant posts. can't we all try to get al-

oh wait that won't happen here, so you might as well leave.

i try to have fun around here, thats all.

but whats done is done, so just do what I do, not care and have fun.

I do not think that we agree on what seems to be your definition of fun. Some people find destruction, mayhem and other behavior appealing. Sometimes we want to let out our destructive impulses or stress on something that doesn't fight back. The internet is really popular because there are no direct consequences for you.

But you're destroying a community for us, the opportunity to meet new people, to have fun with others you'd never have met IRL.

People like you, who just close their eyes, stick their fingers and turn away going "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" then start another pointless topic, flame or simply idiotic thing - you sicken me. Through your choice of inaction, you collaborate with those that actively destroy this page.

Oh, and please don't go "Oh Zelnor, but what have you ever done ?" I must have posted about fifteen of these topics, thought out opinions, trying to be as polite as possible and spellchecking every post.

I know I'm putting myself on a high horse here, but I do think I've upheld internet etiquette as often as possible for me. I don't think I can flaunt a perfect record or anything, but I'm not bad.

Thank you for your attention. Gute Nacht.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:31 am   Reply with quote

DAMN, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT WALL OF TEXT. IT'S A GOOD THING STUFF LIKE THIS IS CONFINED TO DIGIBLOGGER SO IT DOESN'T MOPE UP THE REST OF THE SITE.

ALSO, THE ONLY REASON DIGIBUTTER IS DYING IS BECAUSE EVERYONE KEEPS ON SAYING IT'S DYING. FRANCIS IS DOING A FINE JOB, AND WHILE I AGREE MODS NEED TO BE MORE ACTIVE, THEY'RE STRICT ENOUGH, AS OF NOW.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 pm   Reply with quote

Thats such an old argument Chaos, I've seen that giant wall of text written 10 different ways already. Stop feeding us bullshit and backing it up with the obvious.
Some store that sells shit    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm   Reply with quote

Goron Mask wrote:
Thats such an old argument Chaos, I've seen that giant wall of text written 10 different ways already. Stop feeding us bullshit and backing it up with the obvious.

If it's obvious, then it must have a grounding in easily perceptible reality. Therefore, it is not bullshit.
Please exercise the sludge in between your earwax storage tubes.

Quote:
Also, the only reason digibutter is dying is because everyone keeps on saying it's dying. Francis is doing a fine job, and whilst I agree mods need to be more active, they're strict enough, as of now.

Well, if 'everyone' keeps saying that, there must be acause for this situation, and since everyone is usually the majorty it must be, once again, pretty obvious. If the mods are strict but not active enough, then maybe it would be good to be more strict in the amount of time they do have to act as a deterrant and achieve the same overall level of moderation.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger