digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Does anyone else...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:59 pm   Reply with quote

...have a Fanfiction.net account?

Here's mine: http://www.fanfiction.net/~lunarkweh. No SPM fanfic yet, but... eventually!

Last edited by Macha on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buzzy Mart    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:02 pm   Reply with quote

Fanfaction.net has only 5 fanfics I ever liked. And they're all either dead or finished.
Hell    
Whah hah hah hah Whack!
Whacka
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:24 pm   Reply with quote

Boshi wrote:
Whacka-Doo! Fanfaction.net has only 5 fanfics I ever liked. And they're all either dead or finished.
Whacka-Doo?    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:00 pm   Reply with quote

I don't like fanfics. It simply shows a lack of creativity, because you're using SOMEBODY ELSE'S characters, and basing your plots on someone else's ideas.

I prefer writing original stories... when I do write, that is... and that's all I ever care to read.
rawrshop    
the pokemon among flowers
Shaymin

HP: 4 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

what's with all the gloom? D: I don't like the place, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go tell someone it sucks (mildly).
They never seem to have just the right fanfic for me, though. I can't write, either. :<
persium/shaymin has a shop!!!    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:22 pm   Reply with quote

Shaymin wrote:
what's with all the gloom? D: I don't like the place, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go tell someone it sucks (mildly).
They never seem to have just the right fanfic for me, though. I can't write, either. :<

I only said there was only 5 fanfics I ever liked.
Hell    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm   Reply with quote

Boshi wrote:
Shaymin wrote:

I only said there was only 5 fanfics I ever liked.

Yeah, the place is a love-it-or-hate-it thing... It's okay to hate it, I think, though I practically live there...

Myself, I enjoy both original and fan fiction. I've tried my hand at original, but it always seems to suck...

I haven't given up yet, though. Smile
Buzzy Mart    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:06 pm   Reply with quote

The problem is that 99% of Fanfiction.net is utter crap. There are some amazing stories there, but they're near impossible to find unless you know where to look.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
[Howzit]

HP: 73 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:49 pm   Reply with quote

INTERNET HATE MACHINE wrote:
The problem is that 99% of Fanfiction.net is utter crap. There are some amazing stories there, but they're near impossible to find unless you know where to look.

Yeah, most of them are about people's crap Mary-Sue characters stuck in a popular game or anime and all the guys love them and all that. That's all I've really seen so I try to stay away.

Tails Doll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:52 pm   Reply with quote

[Howzit] wrote:

Yeah, most of them are about people's crap Mary-Sue characters stuck in a popular game or anime and all the guys love them and all that. That's all I've really seen so I try to stay away.

I do not read Fanfics with Fancharacters. EVER. That's how you avoid mary-sue.
Hell    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:01 am   Reply with quote

Boshi wrote:
[Howzit] wrote:

I do not read Fanfics with Fancharacters. EVER. That's how you avoid mary-sue.

God, Mary Sues. They make my brain hurt. I wrote one once, but thankfully I realized what a monster she was before I posted the story.

I do have a couple of fancharacters Embarassed, but I try to keep them as un-Sueish as possible.
Buzzy Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations