digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Apocolypto Prognosticus
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 am   Reply with quote

My first RP, woot woot. So here goes:

"In the year 1200 BC, four demons will rise and wreak havoc... each representing a form of life-threatening power. The demons of war, famine, pestilence, and death shall rage upon the world of the living until a lone knight strikes them down..."

~a passage from the fabled Apocolypto Prognosticus, a book of prophecies written long ago about the reign of four evil spirits who wished nothing but fear, death, and destruction to every living being. The turn of events played out exactly as the prophecy said, however the hero, whos identity was lost in the sands of time, only had enough light power to seal the four fiends away in to a magical imprisonment. That page, along with the very last page of the book, are the only surviving pieces of the Apocolypto Prognosticus. An interesting final paragraph of the legendary book:

"Bellum, Fames, Morbus, and Funus' imprisonment can only be undone by destroying the Silver Moon, an artifact passed down in the Mushroom Kingdom's royal family and shown to no one but the current monarch's hand-picked persons."

It was a cool, sunny day at Mushroom Castle. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, it was just another lazy day for the peaceful residents of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario was at his house not too far from the castle, sleeping in, while Luigi was reading the newspaper while sipping at a cup of coffee. The two were both wearing work clothes during relaxation, like always.

"Mail call!" Parakarry called as he put the bros. mail into the mailbox. Unfortunately, the mail-koopa's cry awoke Mario, who yawned, got out of bed, and went into the kitchen to get some mid-day breakfast. He reached around inside the refrigerator, but there was nothing to be found. "Up so early, bro?" Luigi snickered. Not woken up yet, Mario discarded Luigi's wisecrack and continued to look for food, even some leftover spaghetti. Just as he was about to look in another pantry, the bros. could hear a knock on the door. Mario answered it, only to see Toad again. Asking why Toad came to their house, the Mushroomer announced that the Princess had a very special surprise in store for them...

I suck at the whole joining-of-the-heroes business, so someone else do it.

Oh, and a few things I want to say first:

~Use novel form.
~PM me before you join, and also post what character you'll be using.
~If you have trouble deciding what you should do, use the die.
~This one's free-to-join.
Pipe Land Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:43 am   Reply with quote

((I'll join as Shishkahuben, who is also a user at Youtube...))
Hell    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:45 am   Reply with quote

Boshi wrote:
((I'll join as Shishkahuben, who is also a user at Youtube...))

((lol, Shishkabob Razz))[/dereail]

LESS LOOKY AND MOAR JOINY PPLZ!
Pipe Land Goods    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 am   Reply with quote

((You make some progress or Shish won't be able to come...Sad))
Hell    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:15 am   Reply with quote

((Join with Kiri (finally an advanced roleplay)))
Paper Peach's Shop    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 am   Reply with quote

((I'll join as Geru from Mario's Had It))
Piccolo's Goods    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 am   Reply with quote

((Update, foolz.))

Once the three reached Peach's Castle, the princess was standing just inside waiting for them. She greeted them with a generic hello and told them to follow her. The confused plumbers did as she said, but when they asked the princess just replied with a "You'll see...". The group headed downstairs into the castle's basement. The basement's cold, brick walls almost reminded them of Castle Koopa, which is why Mario disliked that part of the castle. One of the guards following the group stepped forward and pulled a brick out of the wall, revealing a small switch. Before he pressed it, he turned back to the Mario bros. and said "Sorry, but we gotta check you first. It's policy. Even the GUARDS need to be checked when we're this close to... er... it." Luckily, Mario forgot his emergency hammer in case Bowser were to attack, so Mario got out clean. After Luigi emptied his pockets of house keys, a toothpick, and a plastic fork, the guard pressed the tiny switch, revealing a hidden steel door with a combination lock. The guard entered the combination, and the door swung open. In the chamber ahead, a large, glowing jewel in the shape of a crescent moon perched on a pedestal. "That's the Silver Moon. It was given to me by my father before he passed away. He told me that without it, we wouldn't be living in such a good time right now... and only me, Toadsworth, you, and a few guards are the only living souls who have seen it." Peach and the Bros. walked up closer to the shining, almost hypnotic aura of the artifact. "I'd rather not let you touch it," the princess said. "I've been told that a great and powerful evil was sealed inside it and will break loose if this is destroyed." Mario was still in a daze from the moon's hypnotic effect on him. Suddenly, Mario felt a few vibrations underneath his feet. "Hey Luigi, you feel the ground-a shaking?" he asked his brother. "Eh? Oh, hey, it is! Princess, what's up?" "I think we might be under attack..." Peach worried. Suddenly, one of the walls burst open and a large, drill tank entered th room. A flap on top of it opened up, and a mole-koopa type thing popped his head out. "Ah, your majesty! It's a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Rocky Wrench." the koopa jumped out of the tank, as well as four robotic guards. "You... you work for Bowser, don't you?" Luigi asked. "Oh, no. You must be mistaken. I'm a much... bigger threat than any king of the koopas." Rocky replied. "Now, princess, if you are willing to cooperate-" "If it has to do with taking innocent lives, than no, I won't." Peach snapped. "Oh, alright. Until we can settle an agreement, then, you'll be my prisoner! Guards, take her to the brig!" commanded Rocky as two giant robots that looked vaugely like Mecha-koopas grabbed her and ran off into other parts of the castle. "Now, you'll join her!" He said as more bots came and snatched up the bros.

Mario awoke to find himself in a jail cell deep in the bowels of the castle along with Peach, Luigi, and bunch of Toads. There was but one window, but it was barred. however, there was a frame around the bars, and a lock hanging down from the frame... "Psst! Peach!" Mario whispered, trying not to wake up the sleeping koopa koopa football-player guard. "Hmm?" "Do you have a key on-a you?" Mario asked her. "oh, well, there's a master key to the entire castle that I keep in my crown. Here..." Peach messed around with her crown a little and after a click, a small key fell out. "Thanks. It'd-a be better if you stay here... I don't-a want the guards to find out anyone's missing." Mario said as he jumped out the window and onto the ground level outside. "Later, bro..." Luigi said as Mario ran into the castle's surrounding city, Toad Town.

((This is the time when you can actually join.))
Pipe Land Goods    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:50 pm   Reply with quote

((Sorry for waking up late, I gotta fix my hours, I'm also just waiting for abit more people to join.))
Hell    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:39 pm   Reply with quote

((Sure. Bump.))
Pipe Land Goods    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:40 pm   Reply with quote

((Can I make some progress myself?))
Hell    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 pm   Reply with quote

((can I join as pure-??? as in, my personal character?))

(also, boshi, why are you so obsessed with shishkahuben?)
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:

((Hey, once you fall in love with a Youtube Original Character, you just can't let go.))
Hell    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:47 pm   Reply with quote

Boshi wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

((Hey, once you fall in love with a Youtube Original Character, you just can't let go.))

(I guess I"m rather fond of pure-???, so I can see where you're coming from.)
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:04 am   Reply with quote

Boshi wrote:
((Can I make some progress myself?))

((ya, go ahead.))
Pipe Land Goods    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:14 am   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
((can I join as pure-??? as in, my personal character?))

*cough and such*
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play