digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

English Class.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

English II to be exact. English class is not my strongpoint. Mainly because I utterly FAIL at writing correctly and making it interesting (No matter how perfect my grammar is.). The teacher said that the course would be reading intensive, which happens to be my strongpoint. Also, the higher we are at reading, the less AR points we have to get (independent reading we have to do.). Says the whole "house." This is awesome for me, since I'm a lazy pooballer.

I took English pre-AP last year. My grades for first semester were F, F, D. The next semester, I changed it to English I. I don't remember what my grades were. Also, all my presentations in English pre-AP were lacking. Mainly because I speak in a monotonus voice. I don't notice it at all. Maybe because I'm anti-optimist. Also, I'm NOT emo because of that. I'm also anti-pessimist. If I encounter someone that's like, "I'm probably going to die in 2 seconds. Nothing else has gone right so why should my luck grant me life? If I take another step I might die..." Etcetera. I would be like, "Dude, what the HELL is your problem." I absolutely hate optimists. I hate them worse than pessimists. "I don't appriciate words like hate." "HATE HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAAAAAAATE!"
Josh's Useful American Novelties    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:43 pm   Reply with quote

Whoah... I'm generally optimistic, but not blindly optimistic. You can appreciate or hate stuff as much as you want, and I'll look at things as positively as I want - as long as whatever I'm considering really deserves the association of positivity. Optimists and pessimists alike should probably try and be a bit more open-minded if they aren't already... and should be less one-sided. In saying that I'm a optimist, I'm not saying that I'm closing my eyes to the bad things in the world... I'm just maintaining an aura of general happiness instead of despair, or dull neutrality - I'd rather have a bit of excitement in my life while I can, while helping to generate that excitement at the same time. So when you say that you are anti-pessimist and anti-optimist, I think you might be generalizing just a fraction.

Consider that not all of them are creepy, stupid people with a compressed or - in your view - completely wrong perspective of the world. It's all about perceptions - the state of the world is what you make it through your thoughts, and resultant actions. I'm not saying that you can make the world a magical land of happiness by simply imagining it, but by keeping a positive attitude and actually transferring that attitude into contributional actions in the world you live in, you can help make it a better place. What you do and what you think is up to you though, really - nobody else can make up your mind for you... they can only give sound (or lousy) advice.

Oh yeah, sorry for the wall of text... I like both reading and writing, as it happens - and not boring reading or writing, like a lot of the essays teachers will assign you in school. >_> I like to write with freedom - write things that are actually born from my own creative tastes, and hopefully satisfy that of others. It's for entertainment, not putting people to sleep!

Which this wall of text probably just accomplished...
Dimension D    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:52 pm   Reply with quote

*snore. snore. snore.* UH-WAH! I was paying attention...

But seriously, I do agree with the pessimistic people as well as the optpmistic. OPEN YOUR EYES! The world is not all down and against you. Neither is it all happy cheery rainbow gumdrop land either! I dislike writing too...unless it's write whatever you feel like writing. THEN I GET TO MAKE UP STRORIES! Razz
Dimension C    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:55 pm   Reply with quote

I'm a pessimist. I look on the dark side of things.

That's why I've been emo before and I'm sloooowly slipping into depression now.

I usually do good at English, but I hate the assignments.

Assignment 1: "Write about your personal life"
My thoughts: ... why....?

Assignment 2: "Let's analyze this poem for ten years to understand it COMPLETELY."
My thoughts: "Roses are red, Violets are blue... one more assignment, and I will KILL YOU."

anyway.

I can't give you any real advice, but I can spell-check and grammar check your work, as well as helping it flow.

OH, another thing I hate... is class "editing", where you let someone else look at your paper and fix it. I hate this, as everyone in the world besides me seems to be an idiot... never in my life has anyone fixed anything that actually needs to be fixed. I have to do more fixing than anyone in the class, because everyone else *crag* up my paper!
rawrshop    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:12 pm   Reply with quote

Ugh. I hate in-text editing, because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PUT "U" FOR YOU AND STUFF LIKE THAT IN CLASS PAPERS. I lose more faith in humanity every time I see that.

Last year my English teacher was the biggest optimist ever, and all hardXcore Republican. I still got good grades, but I think he looked at me more like a zoo animal than anything else. Like "oh she actually questions the bible lol isnt that a cute phase lol. wow she listens to japanese music thats really weird *poke* lol."
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:18 pm   Reply with quote

My god...how did you surive...TELL ME YOUR SECRETS OH WISE ONE!
Dimension C    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 pm   Reply with quote

English was my second least favorite subject (the first being social studies). What I hated most when I was given assignments to write a story or poem or something else. It's not that I can't be creative. It's simply that my muse tends to be just as lazy as I am. Either that or it has ADD. Just imagine it...

OK, so we need to come up with a plot. How about we WHAT A CUTE LITTLE PUPPY!!!

We need to focus!

Whossa good boy? Whossa good THAT SHADOW LOOKS JUST LIKE A ICECREAM CONE!!!

But we need to...

GIMMESOMEICECREAMGIMMESOMEICECREAMGIMMESOMEICE- OH WOW A PUPPY!!!

OK, I'll just write this by myself!

*5 hours, 32 minutes, and 38.8 seconds later*

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! *snaps pencil in half and crumples up all the paper* WHY DID I EVER THINK I COULD WRITE ANYTHING?!?!

I came up with the most amazing plot ever!!!

You did? *tries to start up his laptop as quickly as possible* OK, what was it? *gets ready to type*

OK, we'll write a story about a boy who ends up going to a magical world where islands float upside down and a marker that he brings with him gains life and WHAT A CUTE LITTLE FUZZYPILLAR!!!!

*slams head against the nearest wall*

That kinda thing seemed to happen at least 4 times as I typed this post.

Oh, and about the whole optimist and pessimist thing...

I try to expect the worst and be happy when it doesn't happen.
Shop #42    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:57 pm   Reply with quote

What's the point in being pessimistic? It wouldn't work, anyway...

Heh heh.
Dimension D    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:00 am   Reply with quote

I pwn English. But I didn't get good grades last year, because of some writing assignments (I'm a lousy writer if I'm TOLD to write about a SPECIFIC thing.). I'm not doing bad this year though.
NON BANNER    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:56 am   Reply with quote

There are two good things about being a pessimist. Either you're right, or you're pleasantly surprised.
The Shop on a Hill    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:39 am   Reply with quote

Noir Harlequin wrote:
There are two good things about being a pessimist. Either you're right, or you're pleasantly surprised.

EXACTLY.

and more stuff so this meets the length requirement.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
MYK
Vivian

HP: 10 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote

Last year I absolutely HATED my english classmates. There was only one tolerable person in the class. It was really awkward too because the teacher i had, her husband commited suicide during the summer of last year, plus some of the reading material we had to go over. Mainly the kids were just awful, they made her cry at least twice from what i remember and she gave up on trying to disciplen them by second semester. I skipped for lunch anytime I could and she would give me hall passes to do so as well. X_x.

Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

to every one who posted for more than 3 sentances...
ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
Junk shop    
ERECTIN' A DICK
Miku Hatsune
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

Thats got to suck...

I hate english all the teachers yell at me...
Anime and Image Shop    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:57 pm   Reply with quote

Vivian wrote:
Last year I absolutely HATED my english classmates. There was only one tolerable person in the class. It was really awkward too because the teacher i had, her husband commited suicide during the summer of last year, plus some of the reading material we had to go over. Mainly the kids were just awful, they made her cry at least twice from what i remember and she gave up on trying to disciplen them by second semester. I skipped for lunch anytime I could and she would give me hall passes to do so as well. X_x.

... Heartless bastards.

I've never been on good terms with my English teachers when I moved to public school.
The Shop on a Hill    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion