digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Dimensional Origins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:03 pm   Reply with quote

I wrote a lot more than I thought I would while typing up Dimentio's 'past' for an RP topic... so I decided to post it here as well, since it felt only right to do so. This is a brief summary of my own version of Dimentio's past. Note that this was done in a hurry... nonetheless, enjoy! Ah ha ha.

-------------------------------------------------------

Origin: The world where reality began... where all dimensions first sprouted from... but only after it met a cruel and evil fate. For some time, there actually were no Heroes or Villains; everyone held a perfect balance of Light and Dark. Until, that is, a great palace was built to honor those that the people considered 'perfect'. As time went on, new generations of their kind came to resent those that dwelled in the palace, for they had been granted the power to rule the people, and had begun to use this power for their own gain.

Equality had been shattered. Spite grew between the two sides, and an epic war was soon fought (this came to be known as the Epic War. >_>) At the grand battle's climax, the most powerful mages of Origin, seeking to rid the world of what many considered to be the cause of all their troubles - though it was really the fault of the people themselves - used their power in an attempt to banish the forsaken palace. Many mighty mages dwelled within the palace as well, however. As the outsider mages weaved their magic, the palace magicians used a spell of their own, in an attempt to keep the castle in place.

The two spells met at the castle's center... and suddenly, all reality was torn. The Palace of Origin was split apart... and so was the entire world itself. Origin had become a dimensional fermenter, the father of all future worlds - indeed, a gateway between reality. And at the center of this world, now split into Light and Dark, Heroes and Villains (whose descendants came to discover the first new worlds in the Marioverse), the palace remained, standing tall and quite morphed in its appearance. It had become a metronome black-and-white fortress, and now served as the eery capital of Spinside - for that is what the new, split word soon came to be called.

The royal family of Spinside lived on, giving birth to a long line of rulers, each of whom specialized in the most powerful of magic arts. They were, indeed, the direct descendants of the mages that had tried to maintain the castle's existence, but erroneously helped to split existence itself. The original line of mages had been driven to insanity by the trauma of losing their world, and the initial strength of their influence. This madness was passed down throughout the family, to each of its sons.

It eventually came to be that one day, a small boy was born that turned out to be very different from the others. The current king, Lord Desmen, loathed and feared this child, for its intelligence and skill was growing at an alarming rate. Secretly fearing the premature loss of his power to this newborn 'freak', Desmen tried to convince his wife that he was a threat to the people, rather than his own position of power. When Rosetta refused, and Desmen's fury began to emerge, Dimentio, now highly intelligent despite his youth, leapt into action.

Desmen's madness emerged as both fear and hatred overtook him like a poison. In one terrible moment, he murdered his wife Rosetta before Dimentio's unshielded eyes. Dimentio returned the favor by ripping out his father's heart, and laughing at him as he died, mocking his power - the very thing he held most dear, next to his own life.

Swearing a strong personal oath to be nothing like his father, Dimentio, now cursed with a permanently placed mask that had been his father's dying 'gift', sought to emote a far more joyful personality. Though he had sincerely hoped not to mirror his father, however, Dimentio failed to uphold his own promise. His inherited madness soon took him, bestowing him with sadistic tendencies. His joy soon came from witnessing the suffering of others, and as he came to better understand the emotions and motives of others, he became a master manipulator.

Lord Desmen's last cruel trick had proved effective: The only way to remove the Split Mask, which prevented Dimentio from ever being able to rightfully rule his people, was to obtain a massive amount of Dark power. This led Dimentio to pursue a long and twisted road, all in the pursuit of Darkest power. Dimentio soon came up with a new goal, one that he felt he could truly achieve: The total domination and rule of all worlds, united beneath him. The worlds would become one once more, and Dimentio would take his rightful place as leader of the reborn dominion. For once he had enough power, he knew that the Split Mask would be removed... and by then, he would be ready to establish his new regime.

In a recent adventure, Dimentio managed to worm his way into Count Bleck's assembly of 'loyal' minions. Count Bleck, who had summoned the Palace of Origin from Spinside to serve as his own castle (and base of operations), wielded a Dark power: The Chaos Heart. Seeking to reclaim both the palace and power to rule that he saw as rightfully his own, Dimentio began pulling all the strings, setting the stage for one of his greatest schemes yet...

The rest, as they say, is history.
Dimension D    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:05 pm   Reply with quote

Bad it is not.

Good you are.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
HWMSWHTHA
LordBlumiere

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:10 pm   Reply with quote

Awesome this is having the being of! (Fawyer. XD)

I'm pretty much amazed.
Bitter Heaven    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:15 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks... ah ha ha.

And though I probably no longer need to say this, you can find all of my writing works on my DeviantArt account, or Dimension-D (DA Dimentio fanclub).

EDIT: The DeviantArt version also has a few revisions, for better quality.

Last edited by Celeste Dimentia on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Dimension D    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:45 pm   Reply with quote

Diabolical. Wicked. Epic Win.

I don't say stuff like that out of nowhere.

I'm not one to be easily impressed. But this stuff...suits my likings.
Cashplx Land!    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:39 pm   Reply with quote

Its pretty creative
Nario's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations