digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

How to Save the Economy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:52 pm   Reply with quote

Limited Time Items:

People seem to think items are cool for a like a week and waste a ton of money on them, and then get bored with them and completely forget about them. This could be remedied by having special items available for only a month or so. These should probably be either expensive equips people can keep for later use, or items with really cool effects people would want to buy a lot of. Members would probably feel the need to buy as many as possible due to the limited quantity, making it a great way to pour money back into the economy.

Pay-to-Digi:

Special privileges people get by paying a fee or paying a monthly subscription of coins. This could be some kind of secret forum with only special alts, (PW Court Anyone?) or something that would be beneficial to the member. This could be something along the lines of an advertisement board. You could advertise another website on there freely, but it would cost money to create that topic. Another idea for special alts maybe something like "Classic Digibutter" where people are all Mario characters and act like them in topics like in the early months of Digibutter. These are just a few examples, but I'm sure other people will come up with some great ideas as well.

Groups:

I'm not sure if this is the best idea due to the some of the carnage it caused before, but I think I may have a solution. I've seen a script on a forum before that allowed guilds or to be more precise, player managed groups. There was a small page listing all the members with their own small forum where they could post topics. This would be good because it would start up some wars causing item sales to sky rocket, it would please the members who want usergroups again, and it would allow those who do not want to be part of a war and still have a group to make their own guild and simply not go to war with others. Not to mention you could probably charge a hefty amount for starting a guild and perks such as more member slots...

Usershop Restrictions:

The thing I like about user shops is that you can make emblems and trophies for people to display as rewards or merely for fun. I think friend titles are the best example of this. The thing I don't like is that battle items are being made with extremely high damage and then being sold for extremely cheap. This nukes paying money for battle items because someone could simply just make a 99 damage item and a 1 damage item for a relatively low price and just have a ton of people buy them killing as many people as they wanted easily as long as the shop keeper had enough money. I think both damaging and healing items need to be taken out of the hands of members, especially if groups are reintroduced. This unbalances the fighting mechanic of Digibutter and renders it pointless. If members want to make battle items just for them to simply have a cool name, I suggest making them select from a list of damages with a fixed price, or at least something along the lines of that. If this is introduced it would allow Francis to control the economy of battle items and I think it would be for the better. Of course there would need to be new items made like the arrows which are so far the best new edition to the shop due to their having effects. I think more battle items like the Halloween ones could make the battle system much more enjoyable.

(PS I'll ask my friend about the script and see if it will work with this forum)

Anyway, that's all the ideas I have for now. I may come up with some more, but I'm sure someone will mention something in this topic anyone. Hopefully some of these ideas will be implemented
Popple's Secret Hideout    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:31 am   Reply with quote

I like the 'Groups' Idea actually. :P
The Carmadox Party    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 am   Reply with quote

If that is so, we need some sort of increased bank interest AND more coinz for posts.

Because no money in the people, and the economy is dead. Think about it - you need to make 12 non-off topic posts to buy a small silver arrow which does mostly only 10 DMG. So the whole thing can't work, we need to save moniez ages to buy the good stuff. We need another source of coins so that expenses and income kind of counterbalance themselves. More coins = People can afford to loose some = More economy = More war = more FUN.

Also, we need ap arty where everyone gets fairy coins - coins, that are immensely valuable but disappear after the party.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:16 pm   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:
If that is so, we need some sort of increased bank interest AND more coinz for posts.

Because no money in the people, and the economy is dead. Think about it - you need to make 12 non-off topic posts to buy a small silver arrow which does mostly only 10 DMG. So the whole thing can't work, we need to save moniez ages to buy the good stuff. We need another source of coins so that expenses and income kind of counterbalance themselves. More coins = People can afford to loose some = More economy = More war = more FUN.

Also, we need ap arty where everyone gets fairy coins - coins, that are immensely valuable but disappear after the party.

QFT! We need system to get more coins.
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:52 pm   Reply with quote

Why not just take an easier route and lower the prices...
Popple's Secret Hideout    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:34 pm   Reply with quote

I dun like the pay-to-digi idea. Nobody wants taxes...
Shrowser's Shop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:37 pm   Reply with quote

But would you pay 20 coins to go on a PW only court forum?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

...erm... Wrong era.
Ornaments    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
But would you pay 20 coins to go on a PW only court forum?

10. Maybe 15 at most.

You should pay once a month or every 30 days.
Shrowser's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback