digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New RP Forum Idea
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback

Themed Forum Characters?
Allow us to create a special alt like we do now.
78%
 78%  [ 22 ]
Use pre-defined characters.
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Neither, a themed forum is lame
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:15 pm   Reply with quote

I want to create a new RP forum, but it would be limited to certain series of characters like Mario to bring back fun times when everyone posted as a Mario character. There are two ways we can do this...

1) Just use the existing alt feature (I could add a new special-alt type). This is like how the Zelda Party forum worked. We can enforce it by kicking out anyone who doesnt use an appropriate character.

2) I provide a list of characters that you choose from to be your alt. Once you chose a character, only you can be that character (unless you drop it, or go inactive)

Anyways, please post your thoughts/suggestions.
(Do not post things like "I support" or "I claim Dimentio!")
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:16 pm   Reply with quote

I think having a pre-determined list would be a good idea. Could we use nicknames for general characters?
Greenlight Global Goods    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:19 pm   Reply with quote

Number one sounds pretty good.
Lapin Angelique    
Better than yours
Myst

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:22 pm   Reply with quote

Special alts with the pre-determined list would work.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
How deliciously sexual
Emil
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:26 pm   Reply with quote

This list would work, but for lets say a Mario RP, if someone picks a Para-Troopa (Which there are a ton of) that means that nobody else could be a Para-Troopa?
Green Para-Koopa's Shop    
Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:27 pm   Reply with quote

Green Para-Koopa wrote:
This list would work, but for lets say a Mario RP, if someone picks a Para-Troopa (Which there are a ton of) that means that nobody else could be a Para-Troopa?

That's why I'm wondering about nicknames.
Greenlight Global Goods    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote

Green Para-Koopa wrote:

Yes, but I may only include clearly defined individuals, like Gary the Goomba and not just "goomba"
Gary! nooooooooo!
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:40 pm   Reply with quote

I find that a predetermined list may bring troubles. Either way, it's a drop into a snake hole.

Problems with 1: Moderators and Admins will constantly have to check the said characters for those who don't fit in. This is a boring activity that I hate, and I imagine that the rest of us mods hate. Plus, this would leave rebellion and trouble for those who like the Zelda and Kirby and Halo characters and such, and have established themselves with said characters.

Problems with 2: This is a complete lack of creativity. Though we'll have Mario and Luigi and Bowser back for a time of fun, the obsqure characters will not get much representation. What if someone wanted to be Chibobo or the Three Little Pigletts or Drill Bit? How extensive would the list be? Would DK characters count? Yoshi? Wario? Conker? Banjo? SSB? All of those are spin-offs of the Mario series or have Mario elements in them. Plus, yadda yadda yadda, established character complaints, etc.

Personally, I'd go for two if the list were expansive at request. However, if not, then I'd just ignore the idea completely.

As a side note, where would creative characters introduced by their respective creators be? For example, I have this giant mosquito monster that almost killed Mario in one of my fan fictions, and I might want to bring him around someday...
Temple of I    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:54 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:

Problems with 2: This is a complete lack of creativity. Though we'll have Mario and Luigi and Bowser back for a time of fun, the obsqure characters will not get much representation.

I could allow you to submit the character you want to be, adding it to the list. Which would require approval after I verify that such a character really exists.

Mister I wrote:
How extensive would the list be? Would DK characters count? Yoshi? Wario? Conker? Banjo? SSB? All of those are spin-offs of the Mario series or have Mario elements in them.

I would probably limit it to worlds that Miyamoto has worked on, which includes the big ones: Mario, Zelda, DK, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_games_created_by_Shigeru_Miyamoto
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 pm   Reply with quote

As long as the other ones don't get deleted, they're both good.
Fiberglass World    
Mariofan9

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 pm   Reply with quote

I voted the list, as that would help against wrong names, and also because I have difficulty creating alternative characters Razz .
I don't care if option one gets used, though, as long as I manage to succeed in creating a character.
Shop of Identities    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:06 pm   Reply with quote

One is good, but what if our character isn't official? Such as...

Sifty the Spike?
Pipe Land Goods    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:20 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:

Sifty the Spike?

Lakitu: Hey, anyone know a Sifty the Spike?
Mario: I-a dunno!
Navi: Hey Listen! No one knows that guy!
King Bomb-Omb: GTFO! *throws Sifty the Spike out the door*
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:29 pm   Reply with quote

Allow me to explain a few scenarios to you:

Scenario 1: Someone picks Mario, but potrays him as an idiot (as on most Koopa fansites). However, Mario is shown in the cartoon series to be extremely intelligent. Should this Mario be counted separate from the real Mario? Be taken off the user's list of playable characters? Stop Mario from saying "Cheese"?

Scenario 2: Someone asks to be one of the following: King K. Rool, Moltz the Very Goonie, or Oogtar. These characters, while they were seen under the supervision of Mr Miyamoto, were not created by Shiggy himself. Does this mean King K. Rool and Moltz are acceptable or unacceptable?

Scenario 3: I make a character, but turn it into something else (my character, who is godly powerful but a bumbling Moron...much like a dumbed-down Mario). Would characters in this fashion be acceptable?

Thank you very much for your time, Francis. I don't want to bug you, I just want to strike every last problem you may face with this new program.
Temple of I    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:36 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Yellow Magikoopa wrote:

Sifty the Spike?

Lakitu: Hey, anyone know a Sifty the Spike?
Mario: I-a dunno!
Navi: Hey Listen! No one knows that guy!
King Bomb-Omb: GTFO! *throws Sifty the Spike out the door*

Meh, then I don't really support this...

((And Sift the Spike is a bad example. He was just random. He's not really anyone's character.))
Pipe Land Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback