digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

A REAL return to the Digibutter of old
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 am   Reply with quote

Role-Play Off Topic was originally meant for this, but it hasn't come close at all to replicating what Digibutter once was. Instead, I have a different idea.

Make new versions of all the forums on Digibutter right now. Instead of serious discussion, however, they would be in-character, like the old Digibutter - for example, "In-Character Gaming", or "In-Character General Discussion". Of course, there would be some differences - after all, you couldn't really replicate the serious discussion that goes in in General Discussion - but it would greatly help to bring back old Digibutter.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Sind
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote

NO, too much for digibutt to handle at once!

Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:56 pm   Reply with quote

Sind wrote:
NO, too much for digibutt to handle at once!

Be quiet n00b.
Greenlight Global Goods    
Mariofan9

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:21 pm   Reply with quote

That would indeed increase the fun.
I wasn't on 'old digibutter', but I support this idea!
Shop of Identities    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:02 pm   Reply with quote

Way too many forums. The reason RPOT is so crazy is because you can post as anyone or anything. A Nintendo-only-alt forum would probably bring back memories of old-time digibutter.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:45 pm   Reply with quote

Listen though, forums aren't meant for RPing... however much you want it to be that way. Forums are meant for discussing things or just having fun. If you do nothing but RP all day, it's gonna get old, it's gonna get boring, or maybe you'll just get tired of it.

You can't force the members to RP, and you can't split the entire board in half between RPers and non-RPers, that's unfair to both people.
rawrshop    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:49 pm   Reply with quote

Role playing is fun for those who go deep enough into it, but if you make an old Digibutter type forum, it should be one forum only with special Mario Alts and in the RP section. End o Discussion.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:51 pm   Reply with quote

You can easily tear the forum between members with this. Not every member wants to get involved in cheesy RP plots all day, and not all members want to have nothing but spamburgers and memes all day. Right now we're good... we have a nice balance that lets members be casual about just about everything, and have fun with it without being torn away from the members who don't like RPing.
rawrshop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 pm   Reply with quote

You just think the forum is good right now because you are one of the spammers...
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
You just think the forum is good right now because you are one of the spammers...

You don't get what I'm saying. Look at my posts. Am I spamming? No. I'm giving my actual view on the subject, and I'm contributing to the forum.

Go ahead and force digibutter into this RP hell you're considering, I don't honestly care... I can leave at any time.
rawrshop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:02 pm   Reply with quote

K, cool.

Anyway what would be wrong with one forum for this? The only thing that is going to change is that the people who actually want to RP can now without having to endure the extreme pile of ignorance the RPOT has become.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:06 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
K, cool.

Anyway what would be wrong with one forum for this? The only thing that is going to change is that the people who actually want to RP can now without having to endure the extreme pile of ignorance the RPOT has become.

So what is role-play for, then? And tell me: who exactly, besides YOU, does NOT like RPOT?
rawrshop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

rawrskey wrote:
Popple wrote:
K, cool.

So what is role-play for, then? And tell me: who exactly, besides YOU, does NOT like RPOT?

Me. When I want to be in-character. It's a hellhole full of stupid, un-recognizable characters and spam.
Pipe Land Goods    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
rawrskey wrote:
Popple wrote:
K, cool.

Me. When I want to be in-character. It's a hellhole full of stupid, un-recognizable characters and spam.

You are addicted to /b/, I'm sure you're fine with stupidity and spam.
rawrshop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:17 pm   Reply with quote

rawrskey wrote:
Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
rawrskey wrote:
Popple wrote:
K, cool.

You are addicted to /b/, I'm sure you're fine with stupidity and spam.

No, that's Francine. I haven't even mentioned a meme in at least a month.
Pipe Land Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback