digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

About the Chatbox...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote

We need auto-refresh. As it is, you have to hit refresh to see any new messages. It works, but it's a bit of a pain.

franis fix ths plx? *puppydog eyes*
Buzzy Mart    
Goomba
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote

i think it should be a popup, live chatbox, much easier to manage/hang around on.
Goomba's Goombalicious Goods    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:02 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah... the Chatbox really needs auto-refresh. I have *nom*ed quite a few Bandwidths with the chatbox.
The Domain of Secrets    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:36 pm   Reply with quote

The chat box is hosted elsewhere, and is currently a trial version. Auto-refresh and some other features is $2 a month so I want to make sure I like it before paying.

I may end up doing something else though.
I plan on adding the option to view the chat in a popup. But I like having it integrated in the site too, or else many people would never look at it.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:25 am   Reply with quote

I think the chat box should scroll down with the window as you move the page, but I don't know what that would take. It gets pretty annoying to be scrolling down a large thread only to have to go back up every 5 seconds to look for new messages.
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:59 am   Reply with quote

Gold Prognosticus wrote:
I think the chat box should scroll down with the window as you move the page, but I don't know what that would take. It gets pretty annoying to be scrolling down a large thread only to have to go back up every 5 seconds to look for new messages.

Yez.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

HP: 71 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 am   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
The chat box is hosted elsewhere, and is currently a trial version. Auto-refresh and some other features is $2 a month so I want to make sure I like it before paying.

I plan on adding the option to view the chat in a popup. But I like having it integrated in the site too, or else many people would never look at it.

Yeah, I wouldn't want it in a different window. I just keep the chat open all the time, but I don't think I would if it was in a different window.
Boo's Mansion    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:18 am   Reply with quote

simsmagic wrote:
Gold Prognosticus wrote:

Yez.

You never even saw the original version. It DID scroll down, but it was out of place when put on IE7, so he moved it so it is in the correct side, but got rid of the scrolling feature.

lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:11 pm   Reply with quote

I don't even like the chatbox...

Franis trash chat plx. Very Happy
Shrowser's Shop    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:39 pm   Reply with quote

Me Grimlock think an IRC channel would be better.

OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:26 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:

What bout' a shout box?
TWEWY Pins    
The Transfigured Buizel
Champiness

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:32 pm   Reply with quote

Also, I've noticed that sometimes only the name box appeard, not the message box... is that normal?
Mimiga Village    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback