digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Re: "Delete RPOT"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:40 am   Reply with quote

Ok Plastic Mario, I'm up for your game. So you want a reason to delete RPOT? Fine I'll give you a *crag* reason. Ever since the RPOT has been corrupted, Digibutter has changed. You may be told it's for the better, you may even be told it's still the same. But it isn't. To fully explain we first have to look at the past. Now think back, long before the RPOT, or even the OT. Yes, I'm talking about the Dump. The original pile of shit. Before the Dump, Digibutter was as the oldest members will fondly remember it. Almost everyone played their character constantly, the economy was at it's best with the Star Carnival extremely active and people actually coming up with creative ways to make money instead of user shops (Side note, also a bad idea). Then came the Dump Overload. This was around the time of the biggest spammers in Digibutter history, and the spam almost brought the site to it's knees. The spam was constantly flowing, the other forums were deserted, creativity was at a stand still. Digibutter wasn't even a shadow of it's former self, it was far below that. Then, Francis took out his mighty Ben Hammer (Only used several times throught the history of Digibutter) and used it to completely destroy the Dump and all of it's spam. For a time things were good. Then, the spammers moved to off-topic. The only problem was, this time there were more regulations. That of course did not last long either. The major threat may have been gone, but Digibutter still sucked in a big way. Then out of nowhere Francis created Alts, NameTags, and the RPOT. Francis had created the 3 Mortal Sins: User Shops, RPOT, and Nametags. Although he did it with good intentions, they soon became the bane of Digibutter. Nametags were abused to wreak havoc and confusion, but thankfully they are gone. Usershops stopped any and all creative ways of gaining money, and brought the economy to a standstill. And finally the worst of them all, RPOT. At first it was a great idea. A place to casually role-play with less restraints on things like plot development and novel style speak. Yes, in the beginning things were good. That is until Nametags were taken away. It was around this time people started using Alts as the new Nametags. Countless idiotic accounts were made to mimic other members and completely retarded shit. It was the rebirth of the Dump. Any creativity that was left in Digibutter was all but destroyed in the wake of spam, stupid fads, and youtube poop. And thus we are back to the present. Digibutter is degrading into an even lower slump then it was when the Dump was around. Does this mean all the things in Digibutter are getting worse? No, some things are getting better. But for a majority of the forums, the quality as plummeted. Even now you can see it all around you. DIgibutter is becoming a 4chan clone. If the introduction of the *crag* Desu fad isn't enough to open your eyes to what Digibutter is slowly becoming then I don't know what *crag* will. Sure spam is funny sometimes, but only a few members like Lord Bowser have seemed to realize that massive amounts of it only cripple a forum and turn into into a giant pile of *crag* shit. Want proof? Here are the number of topics that have been replied in all other forums from November 21st to the 22nd.

Feed Back: 23

Intros: 18

Support: 1

Gaming News & Reviews: 11

Gaming: 27

Mario Galaxy: 18

Paper Mario: 19

Butterflies: 2

Media: 4

Geek Gear: 5

Role Play: 0

RPOT: 3 1/2 Pages

Creations: 12

Star Carnival: 0

Black Market: 14

General: 28

OT: 6 1/2 Pages

RPOT bred spammers. Those spammers have now spread to OT. And if it isn't apparent enough by the other bolded forums, creativity and the economy are both *crag* as well. I say just knock out RPOT and OT is one shot. We still have general for non-gamer discussions and all the other two are good for is corrupting Digibutter and it's members. It's just going to slowly and steadily declining until we are nothing but another damn spam infested 4chan clone and the site eventually dies. The exact thing happened to my old forum. In fact let me tell you a story. The story of one Geoff Medicino, and the birth of the long forgotten SpecterX3.

Once upon a time, long before Digibutter there existed site called EXEHQ. I suppose I could call it my first site, and it is in many ways similar to Digibutter. You see, it too was based of a game that lost popularity. Megaman Battle Network. At one time, it was one of the most popular megaman sites around. It had over 2 million unique hits and thousands of members. I can not express how happy I, Specter, was being a mod of this forum. I felt like part of real team. I was respected by members and viewed as a helpful, insightful, and experienced member who had earned a rank among the elite. A far cry from the way things are here. And then there was our leader. Geoff, or as he was called then G. The sorta-famous-web-celeb who had gained notoriety on sites like Destructoid and even in the magazine 1UP for his work on FreezeCracker and GameLife. He was the Bam of the internet, a cool jackass. Things were good. We had a number of great artists, writers, roleplayers, and generally awesome people. I looked up to all of them even when I was a mod. Perhaps I was just being too humble, but we had an extremely kick ass community. I still remember all of the friends I made through roleplaying. Crazy, Raven, the list goes on. I have little to know contact with them today...That is because out of the Blue G announced the forum would be closing due to popularity and be merged with FreezeCracker. This wasn't the real reason. The reason in the drop of popularity was because the forum was frozen in time. Most of the higher ranked mods had left for college and new guys like me could do nothing to the forums without them. Not to mention G had abandoned us long ago for his other escapades. The forums creativity dropped with the lack of updates. People started leaving and all the writing and art stopped, soon the rest of the forum stopped being active as well. The only real places left were the Gamin&Anime, Off-Topic, and ChatBox. We tried the move, but it just didn't work. Most members left and I was eventually banned due to my open opposition to the idea. The forum was deleted completely. All the topics, all the art, all the stories, all the roleplays, and all the memories. I could go on, but I won't. All I'm saying is that I've seen this before and I know what will happen. I stayed at EXEHQ for nearly 2 solid years, and I don't want to see my new home destroyed as well.

How is that for three *crag* reasons Plastic?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:45 am   Reply with quote

CONTROL + F + frozenwinters = 0 items fo -shot- ;;

Too much text to read...
The Carmadox Party    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:58 am   Reply with quote

1: That's your outlook on things. Sure, most of it is true, but not everyone agrees in the same way. Some people don't mind it, others are pissed by it.

2: Some people don't have anything to say in the other forums. Some people have already said all they could say in the earlier days of Digibutter. Some people don't need help. Some people don't care about TV. Some people can't draw or write well. Some people aren't good at RPing. Some people don't HAVE any useful feedback.

3: If RPOT and/or OT are deleted, then more members will leave. That'll end up causing a ripple effect.

4: This is a FORUM. There's obviously going to be spam. But if there's too MUCH spam, then jail people who are spamming.

5: Lots of people like to be able to use Alts without having to follow a plot. They like to use them freely. Just srike people who are constantly godmodding or being out of character.

That's all.
Cashplx Land!    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:08 am   Reply with quote

Mona wrote:
1: That's your outlook on things. Sure, most of it is true, but not everyone agrees in the same way. Some people don't mind it, others are pissed by it.

2: Some people don't have anything to say in the other forums. Some people have already said all they could say in the earlier days of Digibutter. Some people don't need help. Some people don't care about TV. Some people can't draw or write well. Some people aren't good at RPing. Some people don't HAVE any useful feedback.

3: If RPOT and/or OT are deleted, then more members will leave. That'll end up causing a ripple effect.

4: This is a FORUM. There's obviously going to be spam. But if there's too MUCH spam, then jail people who are spamming.

5: Lots of people like to be able to use Alts without having to follow a plot. They like to use them freely. Just srike people who are constantly godmodding or being out of character.

That's all.

I agree with Mona here.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
Frozenwinters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:09 am   Reply with quote

-finally read the wall-

Mona said what needed to be said.
The Carmadox Party    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:10 am   Reply with quote

Nobody uses Star carnival, it sucks.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:13 am   Reply with quote

Every last thing mentioned in this topic is true,
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:14 am   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:

I'm making a game right nao. >:O
Cashplx Land!    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

Flavio wrote:
Every last thing mentioned in this topic is true,

Truth. Right here, people.

darkzero wrote:

PHAIL. UTTER PHAILURE.

kthx.
Pipe Land Goods    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

Mona wrote:
darkzero wrote:

I'm making a game right nao. >:O

Is it the Image War? :D
darkzero's Bargain shop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:16 am   Reply with quote

Mona wrote:

That's all.

1. Yes, Spammers care.

2. Yes, everyone talked about games like Mario Galaxy in the old days of Digibutter. Your point makes complete sense.

3. Yes, Spammers who don't contribute anything to the forums will leave.

4. If I have to say it, fine. Our mods are shit.

5. Since when do most people use alts to roleplay or follow plots?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:17 am   Reply with quote

Mona wrote:

That's all.

Completely Agreed.
Hammerspace    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:18 am   Reply with quote

I like the fact that the main people who use RPOT the most are the only ones disagreeing so far.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:20 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Mona wrote:

That's all.

1. Yes, Spammers care. WRONG!

2. Yes, everyone talked about games like Mario Galaxy in the old days of Digibutter. Your point makes complete sense. We still do

3. Yes, Spammers who don't contribute anything to the forums will leave.Wrong again

4. If I have to say it, fine. Our mods are shit. And?

5. Since when do most people use alts to roleplay or follow plots? Since SOMEONE made the OOC clause

Last edited by Rusty Shackleford on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Frozenwinters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:20 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
I like the fact that the main people who use RPOT the most are the only ones disagreeing so far.

I'm a YCtard. D<
The Carmadox Party    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion