digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Delete RPOT >_>

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 am   Reply with quote

Delete RPOT, but create an alternate board in it's place. On that a member can only get into if they send one of the mods, or who ever wants to do it an application. If accepted their free to roam the secret RPOT thread, after given the location/password or URL to the board.

It cuts back on flame and spam, and most of the people that go there will most likely be able to stay in character. It will promote people to stay on topic just to get in and overall cut back on complaints.

If you don't agree, please say why.
The Carmadox Party    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:37 am   Reply with quote

RPOT is great because it isn't exclusive like that. You get a good bit of variety, and, naturally, by requiring an application for the board, the amount of variety, fun and general viewing would drop quite a bit.

I say that the RPOT should stay, but with slightly stricter law enforcement. It shouldn't be The Dump, but it shouldn't be General Discussion, either.

Last edited by Lord Krump on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The Highwind Goods Store    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:40 am   Reply with quote

Lord Crump wrote:
RPOT is great because it isn't exclusive like that. You get a good bit of variety, and, naturally, by requiring an application for the board, the amount of variety, fun and general viewing would drop a lot.

I say that the RPOT should stay, but with slightly stricter law enforcement.

Fix'd and agreed with.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:43 am   Reply with quote

What we could do is make a trail version. Making and keeping both up for a week.

The one that turns out to be a success would stay up.
The Carmadox Party    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:49 am   Reply with quote

Everyone who just disagreed with this needs to be bitch slapped.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 am   Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone who just disagreed with this needs to be bitch slapped.

Of course, it would, essentially, be pointless. Why add in a secret, harder-to-get-into club, when we could just inject slightly heavier moderation, to cut down on the flame? Afterall, the site seems large enough to have individual forum mods.
The Highwind Goods Store    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:07 am   Reply with quote

Not individual forum mods, just mods that have higher authority on that forum than the others.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:36 am   Reply with quote

I agree...95%.

I mean, some of us in RPOT don't spam. So it's not fair that the people who don't spam would have to get punished.

But this way, we could filter out the spammers from the people who are actually trying to make enjoyable in-character topics.

But as for the other 5%, people might get kicked out for the wrong reasons. People should get like, 3 chances before getting kicked out. Then they should be allowed to make another application like, a week later or something.

Kthnx.
Cashplx Land!    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:37 am   Reply with quote

Have you people seen the off-topic-lately. Either I'm a pineapple, or you guys are blind. I've been on for the last couple days and I have seen NO spam. At all. I'm guessing that most of the topics are not spam, so there's no reason to delete it.
Paper Peach's Shop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:51 am   Reply with quote

I think a better approach is to kick people out of RPOT, instead of approving everyone to get in.
Paper Peach wrote:
Have you people seen the off-topic-lately. Either I'm a pineapple, or you guys are blind. I've been on for the last couple days and I have seen NO spam. At all. I'm guessing that most of the topics are not spam, so there's no reason to delete it.

Yeah, I dont see it either. Whenever I start seeing a lot of complaints, I go scanning through RPOT and OT and I don't see any problems Confused
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Depressed
Koopler
Benned
Benned

HP: 50 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:03 pm   Reply with quote

Would agree, but I only go to RPOT because it's active, other rp board isn't active.
Koopa's island    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm   Reply with quote

I thought the Rp 0ff-topic was spammy until I actually ventured into it. No spam. I agree with Francis though, It's better to kick people out than let them in.
Paper Peach's Shop    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:37 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Yeah, I dont see it either. Whenever I start seeing a lot of complaints, I go scanning through RPOT and OT and I don't see any problems Confused

Right now it's not so bad. Sometimes it isn't that spammy, other times it is. Just a few days ago, there was 4 perverted "Hot Springs" topics, each which grew to about 4 pages. >_>
Ultimario Mart!    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback