digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I won't be on much today...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:29 am   Reply with quote

An hour ago, I have recieved news from my friends in the MUGEN community that something very terrible happened.

A well-known MUGEN creator (and a friend) under the name of ReuBenKee was found dead in a boat crash.

Quote:
PHNOM PENH - RESCUE workers have recovered the bodies of five Singaporean men who were killed in a dragon boat accident during Cambodia's annual water festival, police said on Sunday.

The boat carrying 22 men capsized late Friday as it tried to dock on Phnom Penh's Tonle Sap river after competing in a race during the festival.

More than 200 Cambodian navy sailors and fishermen, joined by seven divers and a medic from Singapore, scoured the river over the weekend searching for the five.

'All the missing Singaporeans were found, and now the mission has ended,' police chief Touch Naruth told reporters on Sunday.

Seventeen Singaporeans were also injured in the accident, which happened on the first day of races. Millions of spectators, holiday-makers and participants flock to the capital Phnom Penh to watch the event.

Nhim Vanda, from Cambodia's National Committee for Disaster Management, said the tragedy occurred because of currents in the river.

'There was a very strong whirlpool around the port area they were returning to, and it hit the boat,' he said, adding that the men were not wearing life jackets.

Singapore's foreign ministry named the victims as Chee Wei Cheng, Jeremy Goh Tze Xiong, Stephen Loh Soon Ann, Reuben Kee En Rui and Poh Boon San, and said the bodies would be repatriated to Singapore.

It said in an earlier statement that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen had written to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to convey his 'shock and sadness'.

Relatives of the dead visited the site of the accident late Saturday, with most unable to hold the tears back as they silently surveyed the river where their loved ones had been swept away.

More than 440 boats, including a number of foreign crews, entered this year's races, which end Sunday evening. Ten nations in Southeast Asia have boats competing in the colourful event.

Accidents are common during the boat races, which involve long, thin 'dragon boats' crewed by as many as 70 rowers, which compete against each other in the sometimes choppy waters in front of Phnom Penh's royal palace. -- AFP

Source
Another site confirming it's him.

So, today, I will be making a tribute to him. I'll spend my day trying to get a video together to show respect to his loss. That is all.
Ammu-Nation!    
Super Cyber Mario
Burning Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:04 am   Reply with quote

I'm sorry.
Come back soon.
Cyber Shop    
The Dharma Initiative
seco10

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:35 pm   Reply with quote

I'm really for his family..

Sad
Antique Shop    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:40 pm   Reply with quote

Man, that... really... sucks.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
YagamiMirror
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote

From Cambodia? That's even more sad to me, because I'm cambodian...

Well, anyway, that sucks. REALLY, REALLY, sucks.
Andy's Shack    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:47 pm   Reply with quote

Thats a good idea to make a tribute.
Thats sad. Sad
TWEWY Pins    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

Awww...Damn, i feel your pain.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion