digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

My World Cultures Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

In World Cultures, I'm currently studying the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Part of the project we're doing on it is a debate about the main four resolutions to try to bring peace. They're:

-The unification of the Israelis and Palestinians in one state
-The creation of a separate Israel and Palestine
-The expulsion of the Palestinians from Israel
-The destruction of Israel

I was assigned to the last out of the four, and using research, two other people and me are supposed to convince the class that it's the best solution.

What really irks me is how impossible it's going to be to find resources about support for it that isn't connected to organizations that are labeled terrorist groups and the like. Hamas supports it, but they're called terrorists. Hezbollah supports it, but once again, terrorist. The President of Iran supports it, but there's a whole bunch of negativity about him and the nuclear testing and the denial of the Holocaust and this and that. No one is going to vote for us, and we're going to get a bad grade since we can't put the idea of the elimination of the country of Israel in a positive light.
The Shop on a Hill    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:21 pm   Reply with quote

...That's screwed.
Cashplx Land!    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:23 pm   Reply with quote

That has to be the worst project ever.

*hugs*
Dark Land Supply Store    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

It's so unfair that he gives better grades to the victors. Even if I give a professional presentation, but the judges (fellow classmates) are too hard-set on, "OMFG TEEEEEERRORISTS", my group won't get bonus points because we didn't win.
The Shop on a Hill    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion