digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Why I would NOT make a good mod EVER.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:13 am   Reply with quote

First thing, this is a totally unrelated topic to whatever happened to Francine - I actually have no idea what happened. And explanatory PM would be appreciated.
Second, instead of locking the topics, they should just be deleted. And TSSG3's stickied topic should b4e open for discussion, or at least be editied to offer an explanation for us poor Europeans.

Well, now to the original topic.

So I was in the library on Friday and re-read Harry Potter seven - and one of Dumbledore's lines stroke me as an inspiration. "Those who have never desired power are best with it."

And I think that is true. Anyone who would like power the least bit would be - even if just to the tiniest degree - corrupted. No matter how pure your intentions, how good a person you are, power is going to bring the worst of you out. \

To quote "Im Westen nichts neues" by Erich Maria Remarque, an extremely depressing but authentic and accurate book of the first World War: "Wenn du einen Hund abrichtest Kartoffeln zu fressen und dann legst du ihm ein Stueck Fleisch hin, so wiord er trotzdem danach schnappen." (Translation: If you train a dog only to eat potatoes and then show him a piece of meat, he will still go for it.)
And that, I think, is something we all should incorporate. The majority of us, however good they are, dreams of being a mod. Having the chance to make it all better, possibly.

I, for instance, would just flip out and go strike every second spamming post, which would get, IMHO, half of digibutter jailed in a day. Then, everyone would hate me, and I'd either leave, be banned, or just... Evilness would ensure.

So I think we all should just shut up and leave the mods as they are.

And NO, just because I have said that now I did not just show that I am a good candidate, as just realizing the error (although it has major bnenefical effect) won't cure it. Power makes those near-sighted who want and embrace it, at least on most cases.

And I do not want any "NOT TRUE I'M GONNA BE THE MASTER MOD" or "U R RIGHT U SUX LOL" or something posts here. Mama Luigi will post these exact quotes now just to piss me off.
For once, please make a serious discussion hare. Without any justifications of yourself or other, kay ?

Thanks.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:59 am   Reply with quote

I think it's good that you understand that you can't hold a position of such power. Such is a quality of a mod.
NON BANNER    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:22 am   Reply with quote

I understand where you're coming from with this. With me, I'd either edit out any/all cursing in any topic, immediately lock topics I think are spam or flame (and I have a tendency to jump to conclusions), or I would not use a single power I am given.

So I'd either be a paranoid mod, or one that does not do a thing.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:00 am   Reply with quote

I wouldn't want to be a mod, 'cause I'm not up for that kind of job (I have a total lack of judgement to class topic as spam, flamebait or etc.). So basically I just want to avoid trouble crap like having to watch out for outruled topics all day long. That wouldn't make me a good mod, 'cause the reasons why I don't wanna be a mod is because I wouldn't do a good one.
Wario Land Shop!    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:36 am   Reply with quote

If Lady Gray was ever to be a Mod, she would probably be a paranoid mess, locking every topic that she considered; Ew.
The Carmadox Party    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:01 am   Reply with quote

Lord Bob wrote:
I think it's good that you understand that you can't hold a position of such power. Such is a quality of a mod.

That was exactly what I did not want someone to say, as it ,sadly (T__T) is not true.

Everyone else - We should make an item,: "Would-be-Super-Paranoid-Mod-Club Badge" XD.

My dumb querstion is - would it be so bad to have a paranoid superseleter ?

Sadly, yes, because the members would feel suppressed and might leave.

D:
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
The Troll has Arrived
Super Nate Pyrokai

HP: 65 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:24 am   Reply with quote

Ah, modding is sort of a lousy job. Adminning, now that's a cool position. Modding seems more like a job but when you're the admin it's like you have God's Hand in the operation of the website.

I run my own forum along with a couple of other guys and I'm one of the main admins. The only downside, really, is that a lot of people get mad at you, really mad at you, for doing what you're supposed to.

I do find it funny, though, that by the point you made in the first post, that if I said I wanted to be a Mod I would, therefore, be unqualified XD!
Nate's Knick-Knacks    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 pm   Reply with quote

Me Grimlock make good mod. Me be best mod ever!

Seriously though...
Medikoopa wrote:
I understand where you're coming from with this. With me, I'd either edit out any/all cursing in any topic, immediately lock topics I think are spam or flame (and I have a tendency to jump to conclusions), or I would not use a single power I am given.

So I'd either be a paranoid mod, or one that does not do a thing.

I'd probably be kinda like this. I'm not at all interested in being a mod.

Super Cyber Mario
Burning Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote

That is a great line...
Cyber Shop    
The Embodiment of Awesome
Bowser Jr.
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:46 pm   Reply with quote

Bwa ha ha ha! Nice little speech, there, loser, but I can't shake the feeling that you're actually begging to be a moderator using contradictory statements to cover up your loserific desire. I see right through your pathetic trickery, loser, and you ain't foolin' me! Convenient that this was posted when a moderator resigned, huh, loser? Did you really need to post this? If you don't think that you'd be mod material, loser, then why post a topic about it? Suspicious? Very much so.
Bowser Jr. Itemz!    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:50 pm   Reply with quote

Bowser Jr. wrote:
Bwa ha ha ha! Nice little speech, there, loser, but I can't shake the feeling that you're actually begging to be a moderator using contradictory statements to cover up your loserific desire. I see right through your pathetic trickery, loser, and you ain't foolin' me! Convenient that this was posted when a moderator resigned, huh, loser? Did you really need to post this? If you don't think that you'd be mod material, loser, then why post a topic about it? Suspicious? Very much so.

Alright, chill on the "loser" overuse.

It honestly doesn't matter if Zelnor secretly wants to become mod, if Francis wanted the Zelmod, he will make the Zelmod.

Same goes for Medimod, Mod Jr., Mod the Liar, and any other pun you can make of a user's name and the word "Mod."

Of course, Francis would probably ask the person's approval before modding them.
Tamriellic Titles    
The Embodiment of Awesome
Bowser Jr.
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Bowser Jr. wrote:

Alright, chill on the "loser" overuse.

It honestly doesn't matter if Zelnor secretly wants to become mod, if Francis wanted the Zelmod, he will make the Zelmod.

Same goes for Medimod, Mod Jr., Mod the Liar, and any other pun you can make of a user's name and the word "Mod."

Of course, Francis would probably ask the person's approval before modding them.

Bwa ha ha ha ha! People like you, in my company, often end up with their throat stuffed with flaming spiny shells...loser
Bowser Jr. Itemz!    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote

I would suck SO much at being a Mod. :D

I'd probably get paranoid seeing as I would have a lot of power, then I would probably go freaking insane. I have this whole problem; because I was born with the whole "I want everything to go my way" personality. :|

Either that, or I wouldn't really do anything; I honestly think the site is fine, with the exception of some occasional spamming and flaming; but nothing too major.

Plus; I'd just steal all of your cash plx. >:3

...Well, not really, but you know. ^^;
Cashplx Land!    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:40 pm   Reply with quote

Ugg, it would suck to be a mod cause everyone would hate you for locking, stricking, ect.
TWEWY Pins    
Player 2
Gear

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

And you take stuff to seriously.
Koopa Kruiser Supply Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion