digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Legend of Zelda: The New Adventures of Link (Old Fic)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:58 pm   Reply with quote

This is an old fanfic I found after poking around in my Documents folder.

The Legend of Zelda: The New Adventures of Link

Prolouge:

The dark lord Ganon has broken free once more. It has been so long... The Hero of Time is dead, and his line is lost.

Please goddesses, hear my prayer! Hyrule is in danger once more from Ganon's evil! Please... DIN... NAYRU... FARORE... Send us a hero. Send us your chosen one to purge the land of Ganon's evil.

Please... before it is too late...

The Legend of Zelda: The New Adventures of Link

Chapter One: The Festival of Time

Not that far from Kokiri Forest was a small village called Hylas. It is said that the Hero of Time came to live here after he saved all of Hyrule, but not all believe that. After all, some say that he went to Kakariko Village (nowadays, Kakariko Town), others say Hyrule Castletown. Then there are those who claim that he returned to the Kokiri Forest from whence he came and some who believe that the Hero went to a far off land to save them from whatever evil plauged them.

"In any case, all stories agree on one thing: It was a boy, probably thirteen at the time, who stepped forward and prevented Ganon's reign. They say that he fought with the strength of ten-thousand men and the courage ten times that number! A boy... not that much older than yourselves... Who knows... his descendant could be standing right before me! Hee-hee!"

"Grampa! You've told us that story a thousand times! Could you please tell us something else?" The voice belonged to a little eight-year old girl. All in the room looked at her, half of them telling her to be quiet, the rest agreeing with her outburst.

The old man shook his head and folded his arms around his chest. "Hmph! Little Didrika, back when I was your age, I showed people my age proper respect! I would had never dreamed of interupting my grandpappy when he was telling a story! Oh, that reminds me of another tale..." Luckly, before he could tell the children another long (and this time, probably boring) story, the door creeked open.

"Pravet?" the woman in the doorway began. "The children can come out now. Everything's set up."

The children cheered as they ran for the door. They had good reason to be excited, after all. The Festival of Time came around once a year. It was on the day, which it is said, that the Hero of Time bested Ganon and sealed him away with the help of the Seven Sages. What occured during that day was different in each area.

The Zoras would dive from the highest point into the deepest body of water, in rememberance that the Hero of Time had won the Silver and Golden Scales by diving from heights that would had killed him, had it not been for the water. The Gerudos would go to Hyrule Castle and give rubies (not rupees, but rubies) to the current ruling member of the Hylian Royal Family, which has never been explained, but it is assumed that the reason for this is because Ganon had once been part of their tribe, and they are trying to make up for what he had done. It is unknown what the Kokiri do (if they even celebrate this holiday), as they, by some miracle (commonly attributed to FARORE), were only able to be out of the forest for the celebration of the defeat of Ganon.

The people of Hyrule Castletown have a great big party, in which they Shooting Gallery booths, Treasure Chest Games, Bombchu Bowling, and wear various masks purchased from the Happy Mask Shop. Over at Kakariko Town, they tell ghost stories in the House of Skullita, where it is said that the Hero had saved a family from a terrible curse.

But here, in Hylas Village, the adults prepare a special event. It is a scavenger hunt, just for children. Each boy given a tunic colored red, green, blue, purple, or black. The girls, meanwhile, are given white or pink dresses, and help the boys by giving hints as to the whereabouts of the items. The items in question are scattered, and can be inside the village or in its immediate area. What the boys have to find are a green stone, a red stone, a blue stone, a little toy sword, and seven differently colored discs. These items represent the Kokiri's Emerald, the Goron's Ruby, the Zora's Sapphire, the Master Sword, and the Medallions of the Seven Sages. The boy who finds the most items wins a special prize. Luckly, since this is a small village, there are not that many boys or girls. There are five boys and three girls. The children, excited, quickly dressed up in their festival clothes. Unfortunetly, it was not long before the boys began to quarrel.

"I'm gonna win! I will find every item this year!" the one in black exclaimed.

"Ah, can it Morey. You can't even find your own shoes!" cried out the boy wearing the purple tunic.

The brunette in the green tunic snickered. "Bohdan's right! Last year, you were so terrible, you came back to the village with a pebble!"

"I did not! It was a rock!" Morey huffed.

"Was too." the blue-clad boy teased.

"Morey, Bohdan, Imri, Kaseko! Stop this fighting at once! The Festival is supposed to be about fun, not about whose best." admonished the village elder.

The little boy in the red tunic sat apart from the others. He did not like the festival, as the others always beat him to the items. As he sighed, his little sister, Didrika, patted him on the shoulder. "Don't worry, Levi. You'll do better this time!"

Levi looked over at his sister and raised his eyebrow. "What do you mean? I stink!" After he said this, Didrika giggled. "Well, I guess you do need a bath." "Didi!" "Hehe... Trust me on this... If you look in places where the lost can be found, you will find one of that which you seek."

Didrika walked off and joined with the other two girls on the bridge, leaving Levi quite puzzled.[/b]
Dark Land Supply Store    
Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 am   Reply with quote

Wow.....that's really good. You DO have more to it right? Please say yes? Please? Oh, and I'd give it an 8/10 overall. Great fic, just needs more chapters, which is what I'm really hoping for.
Greenlight Global Goods    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:47 am   Reply with quote

I don't have more written, but I did have more planned.

I was even working on a map of places (both original and canonical; mostly canonical) that would be used in the story, as well as a database of the OCs.

95% of everyone in the story would be OCs. The only exception would be Ganondorf. But all the characters had connections to the Ocarina of Time game...

For example....

Lon Lon Ranch:
The ranch is no longer a small, place with three bedrooms, a farm, a stable, and a horsetrack. It is now home to three families, one dealing with milk, one with cucco eggs and pig-meat, and the other tends to the horses. How did this happen? Their great-great-grandmother, Malon, gave birth to two sons and a daughter. The three were told to share the ranch, and so, as generations passed, three families came to equally run the place.

Philip
Job: Horse trainer
Home: Lon Lon Ranch
Main purpose in story: Gives main character horse after a race.
"You're pretty good there, kiddo. You can take Rosamund with you... You're the only one she will suffer to ride her, and you'll need as much help you can get if you're gonna save your friends.."
Dark Land Supply Store    
Kero Neko
Greenlight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:55 am   Reply with quote

Well, that sounds great and I'll be waiting, chu.
Greenlight Global Goods    
RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 am   Reply with quote

...PLEASE tell me you will write more!
penis    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that people like this.

I intended to write more, and so I will if I finish fleshing out the world they're in.
Dark Land Supply Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations