digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Reality and Insanity

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote

Code:
   Who are you? I don't want a name, nor do I want a status. I want you to tell me, honestly and truly, who are you? Having trouble answering? I thought so. I had trouble answering that very same question, and I still can't say for sure. To be perfectly honest, I don't feel there's any answer to that question for me.

I'm like that uncertainty you have when you make a choice. The part of you that's begging you to think it over before making a grave mistake. Of course, that side is usually ignored so you can feel the thrill in your life. The thrill of screwing up.

I'm the line that keeps reality and insanity on separate planes, and let's be honest, there's not much keeping them apart nowadays. You may never see me, but you'd better be glad I'm here. The world is a land of chaos and bloodshed, and insanity is only a step away.

I'm like the foggy surroundings that end life, but don't quite begin death. Am I nothing, or am I everything?

I trust at this point you think I'm absolutely crazy for spouting this impossible mambo-jumbo at you for no good reason, but you'll see in time that I am right about everything I've said. I know you still don't believe me, and that's fine by me. At least you listened to what I had to say.

This isn't some riddle. The doctor isn't the boy's mother, nor is there a Kentucky Fried Chicken on the other side. I don't do riddles, you see. I'm the kind who's dead serious about what I say.

I'm not to be feared, because I am nothing. But at the same time, I cannot be ignored. The imaginary has a tendency to be focused on more then the actual nowadays. But am I imaginary, or am I that huge distraction in the room that you just ignore for the sake of ignoring me?

If you can decipher what I've said, congratulations, you're doing better then I expected. I'll make sure you get a happy sticker on your card after class.

I am the separator of reality and insanity. Which demographic do you fall into? I cannot tell you. You must choose for yourself. So make your choice, wanderer. Remember, you'll have to live with it for an awful long time.

This is the first section of my new story, "Reality and Insanity". This story will be told from three viewpoints. The man you heard here, the person who selects to live with reality, and the person who chooses insanity.

In this section, we see the story from the point of view of who until further notice, shall be called "The Separator". He is speaking to both the person who choses reality and the person who choses insanity, but at different times. His speech is the same for every person he sees.

I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out.

Comments and critique are encouraged.

http://tssg3.deviantart.com/art/Reality-and-Insanity-Ch-1-S-72265077

Last edited by Cherry on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Console Merchandise    
YagamiMirror
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:47 pm   Reply with quote

Seems pretty good. But I'm a little confused.
Andy's Shack    
Cherry
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote

YagamiMirror wrote:
Seems pretty good. But I'm a little confused.

This is one of those stories where everything falls into place after the introduction. I'll add a bit of an explanation. Also, no happy stamp for you!
Console Merchandise    
Cherry
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:45 pm   Reply with quote

New chapter.
Code:
   I stood in a dark passageway, two doors in front of me, conveniently labeled. The door on the left read "Reality" and the door on the right "Insanity". I already had my choice in mind, but I decided to wait until the old man in front of me finished his speech.

"...an awful long time." the old man finished his speech. "...Boy, have you even been listening to a word I've been saying?!"

"Yeah, yeah, lifetime choice, gotcha. I already have a choice in mind." I nonchalantly stated, not really caring what would come next.

"You are aware of the consequences of each, am I correct? The hum-drum everyday life you'd experience should you choose reality, and the non-stop changes of insanity? These will affect your choice, no doubt?" the old man went on.

"You'd be surprised how much I don't care about those factors. I'll take reality over insanity any day of the week." I said sternly, making my point loud and clear.

"Only a fool makes his choices in haste, and you have done just that, boy." the old man said with a look of annoyance.

Suddenly, the doors closed and all was black. After a long 30 seconds, the door leading to reality opened once more, but instead of the black portal-likeness that it contained before, it now contained a hallway with red carpeting, bland, beige walls, and paintings of people who look suspiciously like myself.

"You have no choice now, boy. You must go to the boring existence you'll know as reality. Enjoy your life, for as long as you possibly can." the old man said, in a creepier way then before. I wasn't fazed, however.

"There, now was that really so hard?" I asked, making sure to add a hint of mockery to my tone, just to annoy him.

"Out, boy! You're naught but a nuisance to me anymore, now leave!" he angrily replied. Looks like my taunting worked.

I walked through the large, black framed door without so much as a passing glance at the annoyed old man, but his expression of hate was still as obvious as it could possibly be. As I stepped in to what the old man deemed "reality", everything became clearer. I realized that the men in the paintings that looked a lot like me were actually late relatives, as evidenced by the placards underneith.

As I walked down the hallway, I heard the footsteps of another person who would be tasked with choosing their life. Doesn't matter to me, though. I've got a feeling this life'll be perfectly normal.

http://tssg3.deviantart.com/art/Reality-and-Insanity-Ch-1-R-72800336
Console Merchandise    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:51 pm   Reply with quote

Pretty f-cking awesome. Please continue.
Hammerspace    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations