digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Paper Mario Musical Sign-Up
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play

Which game?
PM1
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
TTYD
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
SPM
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:17 am   Reply with quote

If people are interested, we can make a weird RP that's like... Paper Mario, The Musical.

We'd pick one of the 3 PM games, by voting, and then everybody would take parts.
The "lead roles" would be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser/other villains, and each of the party members/Pixls depending on which game we choose.
Then, from each chapter we'll pick, say, around 3-5 (give or take a few) important people.
For example, if we were doing the Glitz Pit level, we'd need a Grubba, a Jolene, a Mush, and a Rawk Hawk.
For small groups (i.e. the Koopa Bros, the group of Yoshi kids that gets lost on the island, etc.), one person would play the whole group.
One person would have to play the chorus, and the chorus would be made up of a different type of creature depending on the location. Like, in Toad Town the chorus would be the Toads, in Boggly Woods it'd be the Punies, in Fort Francis it'd be the Meowmaids, etc, but one person would play the chorus throughout the whole thing.

We'd probably end up doing it so that one person plays a bunch of roles. Like, you play one of the main characters, one of the one-chapter-only main characters from each chapter, and a minor character, maybe also a party member depending on how many people sign up.
So, you'd play, say, Frankly as needed, Don Pianta as needed, Koops' dad in ch. 1, Puniper in ch. 2, Grubba in ch. 3, Doopliss in ch. 4, Pa-patch in ch. 5, and so on.

There would be about two "songs" per chapter, and the way we'd do the "songs" would be to pick a Mario tune that fits the location and do your characters' lines out to that theme.
For example, say you picked the classic Mario theme.
It goes, DUN-dun-dun, DUNdundun, dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun dun dundundun...
Your character's lines could go,
I'm-sing-ing, TO the tune, oooof the CLASS-ic Ma-ri-o theeeeme...
Becaue it matches up with and can be sung to the melody.
Always tell, in parentheses, what the tune is, and if possible provide a link to, say, esnips, of the music you're using. (Esnips is loaded with PM/SPM/and some TTYD music, so if you search the name of the game there you'll probably be able to find the songs you're looking for.)

Use a mix of dialogue and singing for your character to say what they're saying, but don't "hog" songs. Make the songs so that the whole group can sing parts.
Like, say you have something to say to another character, sing it to one line of a song. Then, when they respond, they can sing it to the next line of the song, and so on.
Mario wouldn't talk, but would do lots of actions. (The actions would be done *like this*)
The battles should be arranged out so that they consist of dance moves.

The RP would be in script form... like a musical, y'know? o_O

We could also have other "staff members," like a director, who'd be a poster familiar with how musicals go and can give tips and hints to the other characters, or a choreographer, someone who's good at RPing so that they can help the characters come up with dance-fight moves.

There would be two threads for it, a "backstage" thread (i.e. we actually DO the RP, with the choreographer/director/etc. adding their comments in, and if we screw something up we do another take of it)
and a "performance" thread where we put the good action, w/o the staff member comments, for the other members of the board to "watch" the musical.

... c'mon, there has to be some super-nerrs out there like me who like musicals. ;>>

Last edited by Legendary Mashine on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:12 pm   Reply with quote

Quote:
For example, if we were doing the Glitz Pit level, we'd need a Grubba, a Jolene, a Mush, a Rawk Hawk, and a Glitz Yoshi

I LIKE that idea! =D
PSI and more    
Balloon Fighter
ROB_Unit_14789
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:44 pm   Reply with quote

:D
ROB's Discount Furniture Store    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:16 pm   Reply with quote

It's intriguing and very ambitious. I just have a feeling there are not enough members who are up to the task.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
It's intriguing and very ambitious. I just have a feeling there are not enough members who are up to the task.

*crickets chirp* ... yeah. o.o;
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:48 am   Reply with quote

I'd like to be in this. Looks AWESOME!
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:13 am   Reply with quote

OK, so I think we have...

- Jolene
- LP
- Glitz Yoshi?
- Rob?
- Popple?

if we got a few more, like 2 or 3 more people, we could actually attempt this. ;>>
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Hurt myself real good. D:
General Guy

HP: 94 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:53 pm   Reply with quote

The General supports this idea, madam. The only problem is...

The General cannot sing AT ALL. I drove away the Shy Guy brigade for weeks when I found an old music sheet. Is there any way the General can be in on the action, even though his lyrics would probably wipe out the whole RP sub-section of forums?

Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote

General Guy wrote:
The General supports this idea, madam. The only problem is...

The General cannot sing AT ALL. I drove away the Shy Guy brigade for weeks when I found an old music sheet. Is there any way the General can be in on the action, even though his lyrics would probably wipe out the whole RP sub-section of forums?

0_0... Must..... Eat..... shy guy..... *shotbyegg*

0-0
-W
PSI and more    
Hurt myself real good. D:
General Guy

HP: 94 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote

Eh?

*Carnivorous Shy Guys charge at Glitz Yoshi*

OR

"Eh?" General Guy turned to face the small Yoshi behind him. He signaled behind his back for flesh-eating Shy Guys to clean up.

OR

General Guy: Eh?
**General Guy signals for stage hands dressed as Shy Guys with knives and forks to come onstage.

...OR *shot*

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:57 pm   Reply with quote

Rrrgh. o___o;

If you want in, sign upppp. If you don't want in, don't sign up. T__T;

HERE IS THE LIST.

- Jolene
- LP
- Glitz Yoshi?
- Rob?
- Popple?
- General Guy?

If we had 7 or 8 people definitely signing up then we could do it.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:42 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds interesting. Can I be in it?
The Highwind Goods Store    
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:43 pm   Reply with quote

Lord Crump wrote:
Hmm, sounds interesting. Can I be in it?

(Lord Crump singing...? ... *dies* xD xD xD )
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:44 pm   Reply with quote

RJHSGFKLJSKOGSJDG IF YOU WANT TO BE IN IT PUT YOURSELF ON THE LIST skmdlofasmdg
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:52 pm   Reply with quote

did I not say I'm in?

Anyway, when I unshroobify myself, I'm in!
PSI and more    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play