digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Dawn into Darkness (Tentative Title)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:39 pm   Reply with quote

Prologue
-----------

A lone clock tower, it stands above the rest of the buildings like a god with peasants groveling at it's feet. A thick fog can be seen forming down below, it is becoming increasingly difficult to make out the details of the other structures in the area. A lone figure stands at the peak of the tower, affixed to it like a statue.

"So...it's almost time again is it? Ah, time keeps ticking on the other side, while we are stuck in this dreary purgatory we have called home for so long. Our time is coming though, not even god can stop us now."

The largest of the five hands strikes 13 on the large clock as the tower abruptly produce a deafening tone, shacking it's very foundation. A blindly white light appears several blocks away. Through the fog one can make out several figures which appear to be falling from the aura.

"What irony. I suppose it we should get started then." The figure stands up. He has the figure of a man. He is clothed in a dark purple cloak along with a top hat of the same shade. On his face sits a white expressionless mask, staring into the darkness with two small eye slits. He struts over to the edge of the the tower, and then abruptly turns around.

"Who is there!? Surely they couldn't of..."

A new figure figure emerges. This one with a much slimmer figure, wearing some kind of jester costume. Down the suit run two shades of stripes, one red and one purple. He too wears a mask upon his face, though with a much happier expression.

"Hehehehahahah! Ah, Mr. Twist! Brother says that you have spotted them yes? Has the time finally come?"

Twist sighs.

"Yes Joker, it appears they are finally here. Gather the others, and we'll go see what new toys Reaper has brought us today."

"Oh yes, jolly good. Hehehehah! Oh, I can't wait!"

Joker vanishes in a puff of smoke just as suddenly as he had appeared. Twist turns back towards the city and looks off towards the area where the bright aura had emerged.

"Neither can I."

-----------------------------

Yeah it's that one RP I was going to do. I've been thinking a lot about the characters and concepts I was creating for the RP, and I have come to really really like them. I think I've come up with some pretty interesting personalities in the masked figures. To summarize them, is difficult without giving spoilers. Let's just say that they were imprisoned by god and that some people are probably going to be extremely offended if they are deeply religious. Should be fun. I'm going to try out some thing that I at least have not seen in many books before, so hopefully this should be a learning experience for everyone involved.

My writing style is a bit, sporadic I guess. I like to make a new line for each new character's dialogue. I think it allows for more natural conversations between characters, but that's just me. This is the first story that I have actually spent some time on so any criticism is deeply appreciated. I'm still sculpting around the rough edges of the heroes of the story, so don't expect a new chapter for awhile.

Anyway, enjoy.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
wizardkid222
Wiz

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:46 pm   Reply with quote

O_O I love it!!!!!!!! *uncontrollably claps hands* I want more! Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations