digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

*hands out flyers* GLITZ PIT 2.0!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:23 pm   Reply with quote

I am working on making a Glitz Pit 2.0. I have several ideas on how to make the Glitz Pit work much better than before, however I need some input to polish the ideas up...

The first and biggest problem with the Glitz Pit of yore was that after awhile it kinda died. Like 20 people would sign up in the first few days, then none of them would sign up for fights, and even if they did then none of them would fight their fights.
So this time, I'm doing it like a tournament. I give people a few days to sign up for the tournament, set a deadline for the end of signups, and then I make some tournament brackety thingies with specific assigned dates for the fights. That way, we're not sitting around and waiting for fights to start, and if you snooze you lose. (If you have a legitimate reason you're going to miss your fight though, we can re-schedule it.)
It would cost 5 coins to put a team in, and you could put two (2) different teams in to increase your chances of winning, but each team you put in would cost 5 more coins. Of course, that would make it harder for me to arrange the fights so you don't end up fighting yourself, but I'll put it on a trial run. If it works, we keep it, if it doesn't work, we don't keep it.
For the fights to be set up fairly there would have to be an even number of teams signed up. If there's an odd number of teams on the end of the deadline for signing up, I would either:
a) offer one (1) free second team to anyone who's already signed up with one (1) team
OR
b) if no one takes me up on that offer, I get rid of one of the teams (probably either a duplicate team made by someone who already has another team signed up) and give them a refund.

Second problem is deciding who wins. It's kind of stupid for me to just sit there trying to figure out who I think did a better job of fighting, so I'm coming up with a points rubric. It's only half-finished as of right now, but it actually gives me a way to evaluate who wins besides just picking randomly. Such things include, getting points for using your "condition," losing points for not using it, getting points for creativity, getting points for a cool "final smash" attack, losing points for godmoding, losing points for doing the same thing over and over again, etc. And I would tally up the points at the end of each fight and choose a winner that way.
None of the fighters would be allowed to see the rubric of points, because then they know exactly what to do. I can describe it to you like I did above, to help you out, but I couldn't tell it exactly to anyone who was competing.
However, I would need one (1) and only one (1) assistant to help me with the scoring and make sure it's fair and makes sense. This assistant would have to be SOMEONE WHO IS NOT FIGHTING IN THE TOURNAMENT AND DOES NOT WANT TO FIGHT IN ANY OF THE TOURNAMENTS. Because I would give them a copy of the rubric of points to double check me. And, as said above, fighters can't see the rubric.

Last issue is prizes. Obviously if you're paying to enter, you want to get a good prize out of winning. And obviously I don't want to give out very expensive prizes, because obviously I don't want to lose money from this. Before, I kind of maintained equilibrium by collecting 5 coins from each fighter, then giving the 10 coins to whoever wins. However, coins are kind of boring, and if everyone got 10 coins for winning a fight then there's no differentiation between the skill and efforts of someone who won one fight vs. the skill and efforts of someone who got to be the champion. So I want to give out items instead.
They'll be items that I make in my own shop and buy from myself to give out, so they'll be unique Glitz Pit items. And the quality of your prize will depend on how far you get. For example, if you lose the first round, you're out of the tournament with no prize. If you make it to the second round and then lose, you get a small prize. If you make it to the third and then lose, you get a prize that's average. By the time you get to the semi-finals you'll get a big prize, and whoever is the champion gets a grand prize. And by doing this, I can spend about as much money as I earn (maybe make a little sometimes, maybe lose a little sometimes, but mostly even) and everyone can get a prize proportional to how well they did. I could even save money by making the "small prizes" be little sig banners or icons or something like that, that I don't have to use up coins to make, then I could use up more coins on the bigger prizes.

Now comes the time for the input from youuuu:

First, I need ONE (1) ASSISTANT. Please PM me to be my ONE (1) ASSISTANT.

Second, from the people who might want to fight, or maybe just follow the fights to see who wins. Small (but important) survey.
1) What are some traits that make someone good at RPing? [aka, something a fighter can do that would get them to earn points in the fight.]
2) What are some traits that make someone bad at RPing? [aka, something a fighter would do that might make them lose points in the fight.]
3) Give some general ideas of a SMALL prize that a fighter might like to get. [A healing item? A battle item? A collectible item or a banner? A name-changing or relationship item? etc. just a general category.]
4) Give some general ideas of a MEDIUM prize that a fighter might like to get. [see above.]
5) Give some general ideas of a LARGE prize that a fighter might like to get. [see above.]
6) Give some general ideas of a GRAND prize that a champion fighter might like to get. [It will include a cheap 5-coin "Champin Belt" collectible prize, but I also want to stick another large prize in there that actually does something. Maybe the same large prize from above, in addition to the Champion Belt? Ideas plx.]

Thanks for your help and support and I hope the tournamet turns out to work well. :3
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:32 pm   Reply with quote

Prize suggestions

SMALL:Long-Last Shake
MEDIUM:Super Shroom Shake
LARGE:Ultra Shroom Shake
GRAND:A champ's belt,500 coins and the option of doubling it to 1,000 by going through one last match.
Gemstone Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:32 pm   Reply with quote

Err...

SMALL:Honey Shroom
MEDIUM:Maple Super
LARGE:Jelly Ultra
GRAND:The Champ's Belt, 500 coins, and a rare badge from the Pit of 100 Trials.
Hell    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:37 pm   Reply with quote

Well the 500 coins isn't going to be happening, considering the sizes of the prize will be proportionate to how many people sign up.

So most people want food items instead of trophies or spraypaint type items? o_O;
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:54 pm   Reply with quote

Pretty much...
Hell    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:42 pm   Reply with quote

I believe my experience could be of some use in this situation, yes?

A good RP is one who knows how to win, long before the battle starts. A good RPer takes all of their opponents strength and weaknesses into account. A good RPer reads every battle carefully, not just their own. They do not just charge into battle with guns blazing, awaiting a counter attack. By then it is too late. For a good RPer thinks over what abilities and weapons he wishes to take into battle. They doesn't just grab a sword and say he can shoot fireballs. For instance, take Scorpion's weapon. he chain spear. Will it melt in a flame? Yes. Will it fail when faced with the slash of a broadsword? Yes. But in the end, it is a much more versatile weapon than a sword will ever be. Disarm an opponent, put a reactor on it and make a quick escape by having it pull you out of the way, bind your opponent with it so they can no longer move. Creativity and analysis skills are the two greatest assets an RPer can ever have. A RPer is a warrior of words, and thus they must be adapt at both these skills.

Need anymore?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:47 pm   Reply with quote

How can I translate that into a gaining/losing points thing though? Gaining points if their weapon breaks? o.o:
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play