digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

One simple reason to not buy the 360

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:53 am   Reply with quote

First of all, who here knows what a BSOD is?

Well, apparently the 360 has something similar, a RROD. I've read that a lot of 360s have been failing on people. The maker of F@NBOY$ even had to get his replaced. Apparently, Microsoft had cut costs while choosing the thermal paste and designing the CPU's fan. Because of Microsoft being cheap, the 360 is easily overheated to the point of getting the RROD.
Shop #42    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:55 am   Reply with quote

My bro just went out and bought a 360 a few days ago just for the Halo 3 exclusive and Dead Rising... It had better not burn down my entertainment center.
The Domain of Secrets    
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:33 am   Reply with quote

I haven't seen the Xbox on fire. Does anyone have any pics of one?
Troopa's Treats    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:39 am   Reply with quote

Jr. Troopa wrote:
I haven't seen the Xbox on fire. Does anyone have any pics of one?
I said it would overheat, not catch fire.
Shop #42    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:26 pm   Reply with quote

It overheats if you put it on carpets, obviously. Or if you don't give it any space.

As for the RROD, that happened on launch consoles, just like the wii with the internet connection error. It's very rare to gave it happen now.
Tamriellic Titles    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:55 pm   Reply with quote

I'm just happy with my Wii. The companies that entered the race late don't bother me, I just don't care about them.
Pipe Land Goods    
Sting Chameleon

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:06 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:

Well, apparently the 360 has something similar, a RROD. I've read that a lot of 360s have been failing on people. The maker of F@NBOY$ even had to get his replaced. Apparently, Microsoft had cut costs while choosing the thermal paste and designing the CPU's fan. Because of Microsoft being cheap, the 360 is easily overheated to the point of getting the RROD.

my GOD at LEAST tell us what these abbreviations mean. I know what a blue screen of death is, but what the hell is an "RROD"?

Also, I heard about these on Wikipedia before I think. I don't think it's a reason never to buy an Xbox though. PS2 had the disc read error, which you had to get yours replaced seeing as the average person can't fix it (the laser was misaligned or something). People still bought them though, and they went on to sell millions.
MaloMart Castle Branch    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:17 pm   Reply with quote

Evangel wrote:
Magikoopa #42 wrote:

my GOD at LEAST tell us what these abbreviations mean. I know what a blue screen of death is, but what the hell is an "RROD"?

Also, I heard about these on Wikipedia before I think. I don't think it's a reason never to buy an Xbox though. PS2 had the disc read error, which you had to get yours replaced seeing as the average person can't fix it (the laser was misaligned or something). People still bought them though, and they went on to sell millions.
RROD = Red Ring of Death
Shop #42    
Sting Chameleon

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote

So is it like permanent? Or does it just show up and crash your games occasionally?
MaloMart Castle Branch    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

Evangel wrote:
So is it like permanent? Or does it just show up and crash your games occasionally?
I don't really know.
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming