digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Register for the Glitz Pit 2.0 Trial Tournament!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

EDIT - PM THE FREAKING PROFILES. PREFERRABLY IN THE SAME PM AS THE DONATION?

Do you have what it takes to be the Glitz Pit Champion? Here's your chance to find out!

If you're good at writing, OR good at fighting, this is the contest for you. Entering a team costs 5 coins, and if you do well, you can win prizes! The more people who sign up, the more money I have to spend on prizes, so the bigger the prizes will be! There has to be an even number of people for the tournament to work fairly, so convince a friend if you can! Each person can enter up to 2 different teams. If we are unable to accept you due to there being an odd number of participants by the deadline, the last person who sent me an application will either get to make a second team for free or get dropped with a full refund.

Friday evening is the deadline, so sign up soon. I'll post the setup on Saturday, in the morning if possible for me, so you can see who you're fighting and when. If something comes up before your fight, PM me to reschedule; if the day passes without you showing up to your scheduled fight, you automatically forfeit the match. There are lots of prizes even if you don't do really well, but the further you get the bigger your prize will be. Even if there are just 2 or 4 people, the tournament will go on.

Unlike before, the scoring is based on a Points Rubric System. I have a list of good things that you will earn a point for if I see you do them in your fight, and a list of bad things that you will lose a point for if I see you do them. Some things are worth 2, 3, 4, or even 5 points! However, the combatants don't get to see the list, or else they'll know exactly what to do and the challenge will be gone. I will say that you should try to use strategy, type as properly as you can, appeal to the audience, and overall, BE CREATIVE! If you're too monotonous OR you godmode, you'll lose points. You will also get a special, unique "fight condition" PMed to you before your match. Gain a major bonus for executing it well, but lose a bunch of points if you forget to include it! The fights are six posts long (three from each combatant) and whomever's score is highest after the six posts are done wins.

Finally, here's the signup form. Send me 5 coins per team you sign up. (You can enter up to 2 teams. If you sign up multiple teams, try to do both in one PM so it's easier for me to remember that they can't fight each other. If they do end up fighting each other, you just have to choose which one you like better and would want to advance. The average number of points that you have earned per battle so far will be added to your final score.)

Team name (If it's creative, you get bonus points for every match!) -
Alternate team name (Optional, but again, bonus for creativity!) -
Your RP characters that are members of the team (They do not have to be your alts, you cannot have the same character as any other combatant, and the largest team you can have is 5 but you must fight with all of them.) -
Any specific days you won't be able to get online that you know of (So I can set up the schedule to accomodate you best.) -

Thanks a bunch... looking forward to the Glitz Pit being up and running again!

Last edited by Legendary Mashine on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:31 am   Reply with quote

Team name: I've been here for years! I'm the great gonzalez jr., and always will be.
Your RP characters that are members of the team: I'm a lone yoshi, but I always have my stampede teqnuique.
Any specific days you won't be able to get online that you know of: I can only get on 6:00 central every night.
PSI and more    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:42 am   Reply with quote

Team name: The blind sword saint
Members: Ivan Raidenovitch Raikov
Specific times: I'm usually available at just about any time, but I get out of school at around 4:45 PM Central time.

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm   Reply with quote

... you're supposed to PM me these things dammit! >o<
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote

Jolene wrote:
... you're supposed to PM me these things dammit! >o<

Tch, I already knew all the rules, why would I bother reading them there?
PSI and more    
Luigi is the best Pokémon
LoudKid

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 am   Reply with quote

It actually doesn't say anything about PMing the profiles. Confused

Team Name: FreezerBurn
Alternate Team Name: The Not-So-Shy Guys
Team Members: Dead Guy, Glutton Guy, Heavy Weapons Guy.
Online Unavailability: I should be able to get on most days, but not for very long. It varies day by day.

TATTLE TIME:

Dead Guy: An undead Pyro Guy. He enjoys his relatively newfound flight, and can turn invisible, just like Boos. His Fire, Ice, and Poison magics are quite potent.

Glutton Guy: This guy's better at inhaling food than Kirby! If he sucks you up, you'd better get out quick... He'll chew you up, and spit you out, literally! His health is extremely high.

Heavy Weapons Guy: His Bill Blaster's attacks are as unpredictable as they are deadly. He's got an iron defense.
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17 am   Reply with quote

[[Boompage.]]
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:27 pm   Reply with quote

There are five teams, and today's the deadline for signing up, and we need there to be six. Soooo... anyone want to either take a refund and not fight, or make a second team for free?

... only one person gets a second team for free though.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:34 am   Reply with quote

Hmm...I could be tempted to come up with another team... Smile
Click here for 500 coins!
Sho Minamimoto
Burning Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:44 am   Reply with quote

I joined.
I hope it's ok.
Also, I made a mistake.
We are meant to be called The Midnight Koops
Make The Fusion Confusion our alternitive name!

I also changed their names to:
Flare (red)
Earth (green)
Spark (yellow)
Aqua (blue)
Cure (white)

Only jolene read this:
And I changed 'him' to Death
FREE COINS    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote

Woot. <33 I'll make up the little schedule thingie today.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 pm   Reply with quote

PM`d.
Stuff Mart    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:24 pm   Reply with quote

OK. Here's my screwy diagram for who's fighting who. Hard to get it at first, but starts to make sense after the first round. Each person gets their fight condition PMed to them.

I'm going to do it by making 3 different threads so all the teams can fight at once. I'll set them up sometime this evening, and go back and check them, tally up the points and announce the winners tomorrow evening. So you have tonight and all Sunday to fight.

The consolation prize is a free hot dog from Mr. Hoggles' Hot Dog Stand.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:50 pm   Reply with quote

Wait! Is it to late to join? If not:

Team Name: Chaotic

Alt Team Name: The Chaos

Team Members: The Chaos Heart, Dark Atomic Boo, and Doopliss.

Days no fight: Sat, Sun, and specific times during the week.
Dimension C    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 pm   Reply with quote

Unfortunately it is too late to join. But save your team idea, because if this goes well there'll be another. :3
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play