digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Adventures of the Many Seas(tentative title): Info on it
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Silver~

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote

Okay, so I finally deceided to start my RPG, but before we begin, let's explain a few things:
RULES
All the usual, no spamming, flaming, you get the point.
*JOINING*
Here's how things are going to flow. The adventure will start off with me because i'm the only one participating at the moment. Whenever you want to join, write in yourself meeting up with me at whatever point in the story it is. In doing this, I can have some fun by myself if no one ever joins, but at the same time people may get an idea in what its like and may want to join.
STORY
The story tells of yours truly and my adventures around the many seas, landing on islands of all sorts and kinds, along the way (hopefully) meeting other people who will tag along. The islands we visit all depend on whatever place the participants would like to adventure. Very Happy
As you might imagine, it's definately not totally serious, just have fun with it.
OTHER INFO
Q: What if I wanna join on a really climactic part?(ex: chased by a boulder, etc.)
A: That's the cool part, you can. It can be really quite fun coming up with how you are introduce yourself at those certian points.

Q: I don't think I would fit in this story.
A: EVERYONE fits in this story! You can be whatever you want to be!

Q: Why should I join, huh!?
A: To have fun of course, and write what could be an interesting storyline, though if you really dislike the idea, of couse you don't have to.

Q: lolz nub, i unly join rps made by epic peplz
A: Good for you.

Q: NOOB!
A: Boo you very much...heh, Paper Mario reference...

Q: What deceides the places we go?
A: Where ever we want to go! If we deceided we want to visit some Aztec Ruin, we would come across an island that is made up of Aztec Ruins!

Q: Not everyone might agree though, what then?
A: The deceiding of which island we go to next is actually written in-story, at the time when we decide on the next island, i'll pull out a sea chart and ask for everyones opinions, we try to come to an agreement and there we go!

Q: Is there fighting?
A: Of course there is, but this fighting is written in story, I know there's a name for this type, but it's slipping my mind...

Q: What happens when we're not on islands?
A: When not on islands, we're usually on our giant ship, the S.S. Marine DX where we basically just hang out, talk about the last adventure, what you want to do next, or talk about basically what ever you want.

Q: When does it start?
A: As soon as I can get it up, which will happen as soon as I figure out a few things.

Q: I'm bored of my character.
A: In this story you can have as many alts as you want, as long as you:
1. Keep track of them or
2. give them a real reason for leaving should you not want to EVER use that alt.

Q: Who exactly are you being?
A: Well, i'm actually being Marine for mod purposes(youll understand what I mean when we start), as well as some characters i'm keeping secret. Shifty

Now my question to you is, so, what do you think?

Last edited by Silver~ on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 6 times in total
Shiggy's Stuff    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:33 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea.

BTW,it's "novel" you're looking for.
Gemstone Goods    
Silver~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 pm   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:
Sounds like a good idea.

BTW,it's "novel" you're looking for.

Thanks, I was wondering what it was called. Confused
Shiggy's Stuff    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 pm   Reply with quote

Examples of differences:
Novel wrote:
He gripped his sword's handle,ready to strike.

"ENGUARDE!"

Casual wrote:
*Grip tightens.*
ENGUARDE!
Gemstone Goods    
wizardkid222
Wiz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Wiz

Species: Toad

Powers: Can create visible energy shields and can manipulate the elements.

Weapons:A staff made of wood from a Barrierwood tree.

Strengths: Can manipulate elements and can hide excellently anywhere.

Weaknesses: Can only create barriers while holding his staff.

Silver~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:07 pm   Reply with quote

wizardkid222 wrote:
Name: Wiz

Species: Toad

Powers: Can create visible energy shields and can manipulate the elements.

Weapons:A staff made of wood from a Barrierwood tree.

Strengths: Can manipulate elements and can hide excellently anywhere.

Weaknesses: Can only create barriers while holding his staff.

Thanks for the info, when it get's started, write yourself in.
Shiggy's Stuff    
SRM
sesshyrocksme

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

Name:Sesshoumaru (Sesshy for short)

Sex: male (bisexual just FYI)

Race: Human

Powers: Fire manipulation, Time "mageing" (time manipulation), general spell casting (the rhyming kind not the random non-English language kind), Occasional premonitions, and levitation.

Personality: very introverted... has a cynical and slightly sick sense of humor... loves to watch people squirm... but has a deep compassion for those he is involved with... also enjoys blood...

Weapons: Powers, owns two swords one of which has healing properties, the other just big and dangerously sharp

Strengths: stays calm in extenuating situations, very strong and resilient

Weaknesses: is a real flirt if he really likes someone, has abandonment issues, can be hard pressed to make up spells if a situation is dangerous to him

thats all ^_^... thanks for coming up wiht the idea its seems really fun!

Silver~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:35 am   Reply with quote

sesshyrocksme wrote:
Name:Sesshoumaru (Sesshy for short)

Sex: male (bisexual just FYI)

Race: Human

Powers: Fire manipulation, Time "mageing" (time manipulation), general spell casting (the rhyming kind not the random non-English language kind), Occasional premonitions, and levitation.

Personality: very introverted... has a cynical and slightly sick sense of humor... loves to watch people squirm... but has a deep compassion for those he is involved with... also enjoys blood...

Weapons: Powers, owns two swords one of which has healing properties, the other just big and dangerously sharp

Strengths: stays calm in extenuating situations, very strong and resilient

Weaknesses: is a real flirt if he really likes someone, has abandonment issues, can be hard pressed to make up spells if a situation is dangerous to him

thats all ^_^... thanks for coming up wiht the idea its seems really fun!

Thanks for the info, when it get's started, write yourself in.
Shiggy's Stuff    
(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:11 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Gareth

Species: Human/Berserker

Powers: If he is in a state of near death,he will become enraged and transform into a berserker like form in which his strength and senses will all be increased 10 times more then before.

Weapons: A giant sword almost as big as him that he carries on his back.

History: As a child he never knew his parents.All he did know was that his mom was human and his dad was a berserker.He lived by himself in the wild and learned skills on how to survive and became very strong.Eventually he left the wild in search of civilization where he learned basic skills like reading and writing.After so he trained with an old swords man and learned the art of sword fighting.He later received his huge sword after his teacher died and left to learn the ways of the sea.

Personality: Not always freindly and has a hard time trusting others.He mostly keeps to himself and will not attack unless provoked.Not much of a team work person,but will help others.

Strengths: Very powerful and can move somewhat fast despite the heavy sword he carries.

Weaknesses: After going berserker,he will passout for a few hours and will be vulnerable to enemey attacks.

So,is this good?
Siarnaq's Hideout    
Hurt myself real good. D:
General Guy

HP: 94 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:35 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds fun. Count the General in when this expedition starts!

By the way, how does a Shy Guy crew sound? I'd like an outlet for all my bossing around capabillities.

Silver~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote

WIRE MAN wrote:
Name: Gareth

Species: Human/Berserker

Powers: If he is in a state of near death,he will become enraged and transform into a berserker like form in which his strength and senses will all be increased 10 times more then before.

Weapons: A giant sword almost as big as him that he carries on his back.

History: As a child he never knew his parents.All he did know was that his mom was human and his dad was a berserker.He lived by himself in the wild and learned skills on how to survive and became very strong.Eventually he left the wild in search of civilization where he learned basic skills like reading and writing.After so he trained with an old swords man and learned the art of sword fighting.He later received his huge sword after his teacher died and left to learn the ways of the sea.

Personality: Not always freindly and has a hard time trusting others.He mostly keeps to himself and will not attack unless provoked.Not much of a team work person,but will help others.

Strengths: Very powerful and can move somewhat fast despite the heavy sword he carries.

Weaknesses: After going berserker,he will passout for a few hours and will be vulnerable to enemey attacks.

So,is this good?

Yep, sounds great, write yourself in once it starts.
General Guy wrote:
Sounds fun. Count the General in when this expedition starts!

By the way, how does a Shy Guy crew sound? I'd like an outlet for all my bossing around capabillities.

Sounds fine to me, they could even look like those pirate shy guys from the first Mario Party(think of the red flag, white flag mini game).
Shiggy's Stuff    
wizardkid222
Wiz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:00 pm   Reply with quote

i hope this gets started soon I really like this idea and I like the character of Gareth Very Happy sounds cool!

Gcube
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:41 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Adinzaer

Race: Dark Elf / Drow

Appearence: White hair, red eyes, a green mage's robe with a few large pockets, a brown shirt that has several pockets; some small others large, a belt that has two wands on it, brown pants, and leather boots.

Powers: General Magic Wielding. Mainly dealing with offensive magic. Can also do basic enchanting and illusions. Has very good vision in the dark. Can speak several languages.

Weakness: Almost no physical strength, poor athletic ability.

About Adinzaer: After being fleeing from his homeland after an assasination attempt, he has decided to travel the world. At times he can be a little insane, and dosn't always like to be outdone. He tries to get a gereral understanding of how things work, and like the power his magic can give him. Usualy he is cautious and not the most brave though.

Last edited by Gcube on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 4 times in total

(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:04 pm   Reply with quote

wizardkid222 wrote:
i hope this gets started soon I really like this idea and I like the character of Gareth Very Happy sounds cool!

Thanks.^_^
Siarnaq's Hideout    
wizardkid222
Wiz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:33 pm   Reply with quote

*welcomeness*

Very Happy lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play