digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Void v.2.0 RP [Sign ups]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
gdjhfdsf;loHASDklgjd;gfki
Maximum_Pwnage

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:53 pm   Reply with quote

I would like to open this by saying THIS IS NOT ADVERTISING.
I (at one point in time) wrote/ drew/ self published a web comic, which is now dead. To get an idea of the world, here is the web site's media directory: http://www.freewebs.com/voidv2/voidv20.htm
Premise:
It is the distant future. The main character, Void is a bounty hunter who is wanted by the law. I'll be DMing, and playing Void. She has decided to put together a band of bounty hunters/ thugs/ rogues/ whatever to bring down the corrupted Government. You, who sign up must use the following template, and create a futuristic (and original) RP character.

Operating Name:
Strength: (1- 10)
Weaknesses:
Weapons/ abilities:
Ethnicity:
Legal State: (Legal/ Illegal/ Fringe)
Origin/ back story:
Image or Appearance:

When playing the game, it's important to know the setting:

Setting

In the year 2218, the United States has recently fallen apart. It disbanded after a war with the Japanese, in which America was slaughtered. After the war, very little of North America is fertile, and is filled with people infected with leukemia, or a slew of other diseases brought on by chemical and nuclear weaponry. There are only three areas that were not affected before measures were taken: New York city, Long Island, and the lower half of Florida. These areas contain the only form of life previously embraced by America. They are controlled by a Junta, and surrounded by an energy field to keep out the infected humans. Each area has a General who acts as that area's leader. The 3 of them formed a group who make decisions for all of the states. The RP takes place in New York. There are three levels to the city-underground, mid- level, and the sky. Each is connected, and was created when the city couldn't expand out, so it had to expand up.

Legal Classes

* Legal
o No criminal record.
+ May not legally be the subject of a bounty.

* Fringe
o Has a criminal record, time has been/ is being served.
+ May legally be the subject of a bounty.

* Illegal
o Has a criminal record, and has yet to serve time.
+ May legally be the subject of a bounty.

Social Classes

* General
o Leader of State.
+ May not be fringe, illegal, or Morph.

* Official
o Government agent A.K.A Police officer.
+ May not be fringe, illegal, or Morph.

* Human
o Usually holds higher class in society.

* Morph
o Morphs are people that have undergone genetic experimentation, and are physically superior to humans.
+ Usually affiliated with a gang.
# Frowned upon by Officials.

I'm looking for a group of 10 people. Post your characters, and once I've found 10 players to my liking, we can begin!

This is my first RP, so please let me know if I'm messing up somehow.
Auditions/ submissions will end on Tuesday April 22nd, unless an extension is needed.

Last edited by Maximum_Pwnage on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:40 am; edited 8 times in total
Wal*Mart... only much better    
Maximum_Pwnage
Void

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:58 pm   Reply with quote

Operating Name: Void
Height: 5 Foot 5
Weight: 140 lbs
Strength: 8
Weaknesses: Electricity, physical blows, EMP devices
Weapons/ abilities:
-Super Stregnth
-Can move up to 4x as fast as a normal human
-Twin silenced pistols with electromagnetic bullets, explosive pellets, and grappling hooks
-Cape doubles as a hang glider
-Stealh suit
Ethnicity: White
Legal State: Illegal
Origin/ back story:
a long time ago, in the year 2018, when I fell into an experimental chemical. I had fallen from a thin walkway overlooking it, during a tour. The chemical was designed to slowly eat away at organic material, and therefore I almost died during my bath in the substance. As soon as humanly possible, I was fished out of it, and rushed into a cryogenic chamber. What was left of me, anyway.
I was kept in the chamber until the year 2211, where they created a body for me, designed to react to my thoughts, so that it would act just like my old one. They added a few nice perks, such as the ability to lift up to two tons. Artificial nerves were implanted, which I can turn on or off. I can also move faster than the average human, morph, or whatnot. Unfortunately, my speed is triggered by how I perceive time. I can change my perception, by changing the frame rate at which I see things. My eyes are cameras, because my old ones were eaten away. Once time is either moving more quickly, or slowly, I feel like I’m moving at the same speed I usually do, but what’s around me is faster or slower. I can cause the shift by blinking, and focusing on the new speed. The only thing that’s different, other than looks, is that I can no longer have a child of my own.
Image:
[/img]

Last edited by Void on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm   Reply with quote

Operating Name: Ace
Height: 5'9
Weight: 198
Strength: 3 (8 in certain conditions)
Weaknesses: Weaknesses of an average person.
Weapons/ abilities: 2 daggers, a pistol, throwing knives, smoke bombs, and occasionally brings a sniper rifle. Is very good at sneaking around. Very good pilot.
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Origin/ back story: Lived a normal life until he was 14 and he and his parents disappeared. They resurfaced in the undercity and claimed that the government kicked them out of their home. When he was 15 he had an altercation with the Void, but he later became his ally. Void is one of the few people he trusts.
Appearance: (Average teenager.) Black shirt, dark blue pants, black and white shoes, black hair, and black eyes. (Sometimes puts on contacts and claims his vision gets blurry.) Has matalic armbands with a dark blue light that forms a thin line and a circle alind the line. (Difficult to describe, lol. And also for the futuristic requirement in the description.) Conceals his weapons. Unless he's got a sniper rifle, he can't conceal that. :p

Last edited by Louis on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
gdjhfdsf;loHASDklgjd;gfki
Maximum_Pwnage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:23 pm   Reply with quote

You know what? I'm going to ask that you (and everyone else submitting characters) answers this question:
Why should I allow your character to join the group? What makes them special?
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

My stealth abilities would definitely help out with gaining information and thinning out the enemies numbers.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
Wii_Are_Venom
The Knight

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:33 am   Reply with quote

Operating Name: The Knight
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 476 lbs.
Strength: 9
Weaknesses: Electricity, brute force, psychological trauma.
Weapons/Abilities: Electrified sword, Two electrified arm gauntlets, small high explosive charges, jet pack.
Ethnicity: Asian (Japanese)
Origin/ back story: He was part of a secret experiment conducted by the government to create the ultimate cybernetic soldier. (There seem to be a lot of those, don't there?) However, before they could install the chip in his brain to make him completely subservient, he broke out of the facility, taking several advanced weapons systems with him. (to be edited)
Image or Appearance: [image]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play