digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Random Attempt at Pokemon RP Idea? o_0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play

Which region to start in?
Kanto
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Johto
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Hoenn
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Sinnoh
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:12 pm   Reply with quote

What if I made a Pokemon RP without a big plot, where you just made a trainer and they had a generic goal (i.e. catch 'em all, become the Champion, be the Gym Leader of So-and-so City, study Pokemon, etc.) and they all just went after their generic goal throughout the four Pokemon worlds o.o;

And like, you could make a bunch of trainers of your own and also RP as a bunch of in-game Gym Leaders/Elite Four people so that they can be there to battle with

Then a few people could be teh evil Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Pants/Fill-in-the-blank and could do stuff and we'd all be lyk "OMGZ WE HAS TO STOP TEHMS" while going on about our goals.

And you would make one of those little Trainer Cards for them (as well as a little goal-blurb underneath) that shows which six Pokemon they have, and you can pick any lowest-level, non-legendary Pokemon, then after you win, say, 5 battles in the RP, they all evolve to second stage, and after 5 more they all evolve to final stage.

And to determine battles you roll dice. Like, say, I send out Pikachu and the other person sends out another Pikachu, we'd roll a 2-sided die, and 1 would mean I win and 2 would mean they win.
But if I still had the Pikachu, and they had a Diglett, they'd have an advantage. So we'd roll a 3-sided die, 1 would mean I won, 2 and 3 would each mean they won.
But say my Pikachu was a Raichu instead, and they had a Diglett, my chances would go up some more, but the Diglett would still have a pretty good chance, so it would go to rolling a 4-sided die, I'd have 1 and 2 and Diglett would have 3 and 4. If the Diglett were a Dugtrio, it'd have 3, 4, and 5 because it's more evolved.
Basically it has one more number that it can win with if it's type-advantage, and one more number that it can win with for each evolutionary stage it is.

Because RPing pokemon battles without some kind of win/loss system will go nowhere.
And you could either just roll the dice and move on, or else roll the dice so you know what the outcome has to be and then just do out the battle for fun. o_0;

And... stuff. It really wouldn't have an end of plot, since it really doesn't have a plot.
And it'd be literate novel-style-ish, but if you want to do non-novel style it has to be very well-thought-out and literate to make up for the fact that it isn't novel style.

If those were teh roolz, who would doo eet?

Last edited by Legendary Mashine on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:38 pm   Reply with quote

Oh hell yes.
But I'd say make the dice rolls determine if the move hit, not if the battle was won.
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:40 pm   Reply with quote

Epic win. I join.
Stuff Mart    
Luigi is the best Pokémon
LoudKid

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:42 pm   Reply with quote

Myeah....To reduce the battles to that level isn't good. I'd say keep the battles, but incorporate dice rolls into them, along the lines of the accuracy of each move, the environment, and the status of the other pokemon.
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:42 pm   Reply with quote

I've been wanting to do a Pokemon RP for so long~

Count me in!

Oh, but add what Captain Geno and Devin said.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm   Reply with quote

MsDevin92 wrote:
Oh hell yes.
But I'd say make the dice rolls determine if the move hit, not if the battle was won.

Then we'd have to figure out the effectiveness of the move and blah blah blah. o_0; And in the end we'd probably need a third party to determine the winner, the whole "roll the dice to see who wins" is to eliminate the third party.

Anywho, if you're interested, find moar people plx.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:45 pm   Reply with quote

What's wrong with having a third party? A referee will make things much easier, without sacrificing the actual battle.
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

'Cause then you have to wait for them and if people stop posting then you can't RP for awhile until they come help you. o.0;

If you could come up with a way to make it longer than what I said but doesn't need a third party like your ideas do I'd really like to hear it.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Click here for 500 coins!
Sho Minamimoto
Burning Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 pm   Reply with quote

I once knew a site that actually had a system made up. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: *crag* I can't find it. I'll try make up a new system.

(Note: This system may or may not work)
In this system, stats don't matter. and that's good because in RPs no-one wants to have to care about stats.

ATTACKING:
Ok, for this you will take a trip to a site and use it's pokedex.
Find your pokemon and you rivals pokemon. (Ex. Torterra & Infernape)
First, find the attack on your pokemon. (Ex. Wood Hammer)
Then divide it's Base Attack by 5 to get your attack. (Ex. 120 / 5 = 24.)
Now, add your level to your Attack. (Ex. 24 + 50 = 74)
Now, if your attack is the same type as you, times it by 1.5 (Ex. 74 x 1.5 = 111)
Now look at your opponents pokemon. Look at the damage dealt bar and find the type of the attack. Use that multiplier. (Ex. 111 x 0.5 = 55)
Now take the level of the opponent and minus that from the attack (Ex. 55 - 36 = 19)
Now look at the effect. If it raises stats or something, don't worry. But things like "Recoil damage" ,"Miss next turn" and "Asorbs half of damage dealt" do matter. Recoil = 50% of damage to user.

So, a Level 50 Torterra using Wood Hammer against a Level 36 Infernape only does 19 damage and Torterra takes 10 damage due to recoil. Type match ups do matter Very Happy

I'll do Health and Leveling latter.

Last edited by Sho Minamimoto on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
FREE COINS    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:58 pm   Reply with quote

Who said it has to be a set person? I'm saying if there's any dispute, then the battlers can go get a ref. Then that objective third party can help sort it out. like a judge.
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:00 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, even without a set person it takes too long. o_0;

I say we just roll the dice to see who wins, but then do out the whole battle to make the RP more "professional."

Sorry for being so bitchy about it, but my RPs always die in half a week, and needing three people for a two-person battle is pretty much inviting the RP to die, to me.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:03 pm   Reply with quote

Your logic is completely backwards. By bringing another person in, it might interest them in joining. Confused
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 pm   Reply with quote

But, say... most people leave my RP (because people always tend to leave my RP's in the middle of them...) and only one other person besides me still wants to do it. Then they can't.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 pm   Reply with quote

This is Pokemon. People are going to want to join and stay, even if your plot's half-assed. And in my opinion, it is. Confused

No offense.
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:20 pm   Reply with quote

'K, fine. You come up with the battle procedure that you want everyone to use. o.o
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play