digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Paper Mario: It Starts with Seeing Through the TV (Sign ups)
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:44 am   Reply with quote

Head here after signing up: http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=63040

"If you can see me, I can see you..."

Whenever you pick up that controller, and take responsibility for the wellbeing of the character jumping, running, and fighting across the screen, do you think of it as a life other than your own, or a puppet under your control? Or do you think of it as both?

Press down "right" on the d-pad, or the control-stick... The character walks right. You can see it. They are a mindless zombie, doing your bidding. Whatever you tell them to do, they do. You influence their life, and the outcome of the game.

But does it matter?

Of course not, they are simply lines of code inputted into a file which is then placed into a cartridge or disk.

But...

Nonetheless...

One cannot help but wonder... do they know of us? In that code, there is knowledge: an artificial intelligence. That character knows that it is supposed to move when you hold down right; it knows that it is supposed to jump at the press of the button. Are they watching us? Do they observe us, wonder what is outside of that disk or cartridge? Do they yearn to be wherever it is that lies across the transparent wall that is your television or computer screen?

Perhaps.

But let us assume that they do.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone, AbstractThoughts here, starting up a sort of "what if" roleplay.

The basic concept is, if you didn't get it from that intro there, what if our game at home was watching us while we watched it, and started to escape from the game console. And not just the heroes of the story, but all the villains, too. Obviously, we're going to be using the Paper Mario Series as an example, as I think it would be a more interesting transition than an "all video games" thing, which may get a little hectic for my liking (also, the characters will be adapting from a 2D existence to a 3D one... just for a bit of humour). I might add more video games in later, if everyone is acting well.

You may join as any character from the Paper Mario Series, or yourself. If you choose to be yourself, I would prefer a persona, as YOU are playing the game, and the characters are coming into the real world.

Some stronger characters may be able to send people based in the real world into the world of Paper Mario as well, one way or another.

First thing's first, though... we're gonna get a couple things straight.

1. This roleplay will be in novel format. It isn't quite lighthearted enough for stars surrounding actions and colons after names. Also, I find novel-format RPs to be far more fulfilling. Don't like it? Don't join.

2. No character duplicates, unless there is something fairly definite setting them apart (TTYD Luigi and Mr. L can exist at the same time, however, PM 64 and TTYD Luigi cannot. Also, SPM Luigi and Mr. L cannot exist at the same time.)

3. When joining as a character, please state WHICH Paper Mario they are from. This way, we can tell which characters will recognize each other, and which will not. (For example, PM 64 Luigi will not recognize Dimentio, but SPM Luigi will.)

4. I don't care if whichever character you're playing as died in the series or not. As long as it's coded into the game, it's good to go. (As long as it doesn't conflict with number 2, that is.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are signing up as a persona, please use this skeleton (you may add to it if you want)

This can also be used for characters from the Paper Mario Series, however it is not necessary:

Name:
Appearance: (Picture or text)
Personality:
Paper Mario Version Owned:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My character:

Name: Jessica
Appearance: http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jessicacw0.png (Sorry for the crappy Flash picture XD; )
Personality: Jessica is a rather strange girl. She is into odd, morbid things, and draws odd, morbid pictures. She is manipulative, cunning, and even aggressive at times. However, even with all of this, she is incredibly shy, and suffers from low self esteem. Most of the time, she would rather not talk, and usually needs to be forced into conversing (unless she particularly likes the person). Oddly, although she has a manipulative personality, she can be manipulated through flattery and charm quite easily.
Paper Mario Version: She currently plays Super Paper Mario the most, due to its more serious feel.

Last edited by Abstract on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
some shop lol    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:59 am   Reply with quote

Name: Timpani
Appearance: ((I still haven't gotten my version of Timpani drawn. D:)) Medium height, red hair, two butterfly crystal barrettes, light blue dress, waist belt with crystal butterfly buckle, crystal butterfly sandals
Personality: Timpani is very pure, honest, and gentle. She's calm, cool, and collected in most cases. She's eager to help and heal whoever is in need. She's also well-educated on many things in the worlds.
Paper Mario Version Owned: Whaddya think?
The Shop on a Hill    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:08 am   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
Name: Timpani
Appearance: ((I still haven't gotten my version of Timpani drawn. DSmile) Medium height, red hair, two butterfly crystal barrettes, light blue dress, waist belt with crystal butterfly buckle, crystal butterfly sandals
Personality: Timpani is very pure, honest, and gentle. She's calm, cool, and collected in most cases. She's eager to help and heal whoever is in need. She's also well-educated on many things in the worlds.
Paper Mario Version Owned: Whaddya think?

o.o; Using the skeleton wasn't needed for Paper Mario characters, just personas...

Although it was a good idea for Timpani, because her true form isn't really revealed in-game...

*Edits main post*
some shop lol    
Luigi is the best Pokémon
LoudKid

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:20 am   Reply with quote

Before anyone else claims him...

Name: Doo_liss
Appearance:
Personality: Diabolical, playful, grumpy when disturbed, likes taking people's identities, thinks cursing people into pigs is funny.
Paper Mario Version: TTYD

Last edited by LoudKid on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:22 am   Reply with quote

Okay, we now have three people. C:

I think we should have two more characters, and one more "real person" (persona) before the roleplay topic is started.
some shop lol    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:14 am   Reply with quote

Name: Sarah
Appearance: Let's just say my avatar.
Personality: Kind and intelligent, Sarah loves immersing herself in the abstract world of fantasy. She enjoys writing fiction in her spare time, as well as reading an immense number of books, both for enjoyment and the chance to expand her knowledge. She is very outgoing, and loves to make new friends at any opportunity. She rarely becomes angered, and is very optimistic.
Paper Mario Version: Super Paper Mario; she greatly enjoys the story and the characters.
Dimension D    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:17 am   Reply with quote

Okay, now, two more characters from Paper Mario needed. C:
some shop lol    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:54 am   Reply with quote

Name: Bowser
Appearance: See Avatar
Personality: Diabolical, Cruel, Sinister and Comedic, has a sweet side, though he wouldn't admit it.
Paper Mario Version: Orginal
Toad House    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:27 pm   Reply with quote

One more character needed. <3
some shop lol    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:45 pm   Reply with quote

Name:Samuel Buzzoff
Appearence:A Spike Top Buzzy with goggles((I can't edit avatars,so please pretend they're there.))
Personality:Genetic short temper,caring(Seen toward his friends and his robots.),determined,thick headed at times.
Paper Mario timeline:TTYD
Gemstone Goods    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:52 pm   Reply with quote

Okay, I'm going to make the main roleplay thread, now. ^^
some shop lol    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:27 pm   Reply with quote

If it's not too late...

Name:Tony (Goes by Termite)
Appearance: He's pretty durned tall, with long messy dreads, usually wearing shirts with suggestive humor, and usually has ripped jeans. Sometimes, he puts on a crash helmet for looks.
Personality:He's not above being perverted at all, and he's an expert at many videogames. However, he tends to get more interested in something else than playing a game he's mastered, so he does something else.
Paper Mario Version Owned:Dry Bones (From all)
Hell    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:34 pm   Reply with quote

That

don't

make

no

sense,

Denzel...
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:38 pm   Reply with quote

Doopliss wrote:
That

don't

make

no

sense,

Denzel...

What.
Hell    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 pm   Reply with quote

Exactly. What's up with this?
Sandslash wrote:
If it's not too late...

Name:Tony (Goes by Termite)
Appearance: He's pretty durned tall, with long messy dreads, usually wearing shirts with suggestive humor, and usually has ripped jeans. Sometimes, he puts on a crash helmet for looks.
Personality:He's not above being perverted at all, and he's an expert at many videogames. However, he tends to get more interested in something else than playing a game he's mastered, so he does something else.
Paper Mario Version Owned:Dry Bones (From all)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play