digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I agree with Scott Ransoomair.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:51 pm   Reply with quote

From vgcats.com: Mario Kart Wii. I can't be more apathetic over this title. Single player is really quite a pain to play and you NEED to do it in order to unlock new tracks and characters. They've given the CPU opponents full access to the items which is fun for people... not AIs. It means you're going to get randomly hit with any number of lame power ups seconds before the finish line. The new catch is that this game controls steering with the Wiimote. Don't. It's shit and you're better off with a gamecube controller. This title is a rental at best.
The King's Chamber    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:12 pm   Reply with quote

King Harkinian wrote:
From vgcats.com: Mario Kart Wii. I can't be more apathetic over this title. Single player is really quite a pain to play and you NEED to do it in order to unlock new tracks and characters. They've given the CPU opponents full access to the items which is fun for people... not AIs. It means you're going to get randomly hit with any number of lame power ups seconds before the finish line. The new catch is that this game controls steering with the Wiimote. Don't. It's shit and you're better off with a gamecube controller. This title is a rental at best.
1. Single player is used to unlock most things in a lot of other games, like SSBB.
2. So what?
3. You can't force anyone to not use WiiMote.

Your opinion on games fails so hard. And this is coming from the guy who gave Disney Friends a good review...
Shrowser's Shop    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:38 pm   Reply with quote

FAILURE
Ultimario Mart!    
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm   Reply with quote

I'm quite opposite on your opinion King Harkinian. I don't really know, how the single player is a "pain to play". If you continue to practice, in vs. mode, then you should be able to beat Grand Prix soon. Unlocking new tracks only needs to be unlocked in 50 CC. If you've unlocked everything in there, then you can go to vs. mode, and in any single CC, you can play any track. In many of the games I have played, going through the single player is the way to unlock more characters. It makes it more a challenge to unlock more characters.

Generally, I don't get hit by any of the CPU's, because I have developed a style of playing, that when this occurs, rarely, I am prepared to go as far away as everybody, and if I get hurt, I can quickly come back. People would probably figure out their own style, quite easily.

I also feel that using the steering wheel is easy to use, and works great. (I sometimes play with one hand, or my feet). It takes the advantage of the Wii, quite nicely. In my opinion, it is just as good as the Gamecube controller. It just depends on what style of gaming you prefer.

This, in my opinion, is a must buy game. Many of the people who have felt the same way as you, have rented it many times, that they've actually spent more renting the game, than they could have, if they only bought it.
Troopa's Treats    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

But I like it.

This game isn't meant to be a Single-Player Game. Grand Prix is there mainly so you can play alone. And the unlockables are a motivation to do it, like a reward.

Sure, it's harder this time around, but people's pride are easely hurt by getting beaten by Computer Players.
Wario Land Shop!    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:53 pm   Reply with quote

Scott Ransoomair said this, not me.
The King's Chamber    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:20 pm   Reply with quote

King Harkinian wrote:
Scott Ransoomair said this, not me.
You just said that you completely agreed with him, therefore making you hippocritical.
Shrowser's Shop    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:21 pm   Reply with quote

FRANIS DELETE THIS TOPIC
The King's Chamber    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:24 pm   Reply with quote

Though Scott said it, you agreed with it.

I'm sorry, but this game is even LESS cheap than Mario Kart: Double Dash. The only item that's really been a pain for me is the Mega Mushroom and occasionally Bullet Bill, whereas in Double Dash I had no warning to a gigantic Bowser Shell ramming me over and the evil Heart Shield and gigantic bananas making paths impossible to get through and such. I've felt more difficulty in Wi-fi mode, where I was hit by 15 Red Shells in a single match (it was in Sherbet Land, mind you, so I still finished in first). I see little cheapness in the AI that couldn't be exploited by other people. It's just making the game more realistic with actual intelligence for the AI rather than computerized guessing.

And the Wii Wheel is fun! Cowboy Jed was totally right on that one, it's simple and fun and not as clunky and difficult to handle as the GCN controller (where wheelies and tricks are really hard/annoying to do).

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I just like my opinion better. THIS is why Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn was criticized: it was too hard for some people and was simple and humble in design. Mario Kart's gotten away with more because, well, it's Mario Kart, but it still suffers from the same crap that FE:RD took. Please put this to rest. >.>
Temple of I    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii