digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Gam Masta's Basement (introduction to Mario D20)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote

*It is a cold and dark room. The only source of light is the various computer monitors scattered across the room. There are stacks of cards from various TCGs, Nintendo merchandise/videogames/consoles, comic books, and other things that are associated with geeks, nerds, and dorks. There is also a large table in the center of the room. Upon it is various junkfood, RPG books, dice, character sheets, paper, pens, pencils, a GM's screen, a battle grid, and miniatures. At the far end of the table sits a bloated toad, face covered in pimples and the geekiest glasses over his eyes. Upon this most geeky of toad's head is a hat that is not that different from the one that Link from the Zelda series wears, save for the letters "GM" printed upon it. The Toad looks up at the people intruding in his lair of geekiness. He picks up a 20 sided die from the table.*

Could I interest you in a game? It shouldn't be that difficult to learn. It is a game of imagination, but like all games it has rules.

*The pudgy Toad grabs a book and slides it over to the other side of the table. It's title is Mario D20 (http://www.kobolds-keep.net/MD20Rules.pdf).*

It is a game where the lowliest of players can have a chance to be the greatest of heroes... or villains. It is a game where a single die roll can mean the difference between life and death. It is Mario D20. Now roll for initiative.

*He tosses the die across the table.*

=Out of Character=
The pdf file for Mario D20 is is back online again, and it is possible for me to start a game of it on this forum. I'll start out by having a D20 version of the Glitz Pit.

All characters belonging to players will start out at level 1. All GM-controlled characters will start out at whatever level the GM decideds upon, and they will usually stay at the same level. A player can have a team of up to four characters, but must remember that a single character can gain starpoints faster than any member of a four character team.

The third paragraph of the pdf file tells you that it should be used with the Player's Handbook for the 3.5 edition of Dungeons and Dragons. For those of you who don't have that book, but still want to play, go ahead and look through the pdf file and tell me what kind of character you want (race, class, any other useful information), and I'll try to make a character for you to use. I'll even handle the level ups for your character for you.

I'll make a topic for posting your Mario D20 characters. Just remember that your character will have to be updated whenever you get a new item or a level up. Also, if you create a new character, do it by editting the post where your original character is at. I don't want to see a Mario D20 character creation topic with as large a number of posts as the one for normal RP characters.

If you have any questions, PM me about them. If I have to answer a single question 5 times, I'll make an FAQ topic and put that question and the answer to it in it.

Die rolls will be done through the use of http://invisiblecastle.com/. Character's starting stats will use a 32 point buy method.

I will try to have all of this up and running by TOMMORROW. Untill then, you can just post your opinions on the whole thing to this topic.

Last edited by Marker Magikoopa on Mon May 14, 2007 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shop #42    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

This looks interesting. I think I'll join.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play