digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Frankly's Adventures.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:21 am   Reply with quote

Chapter One: Part One.

The crisp wind blew through the grim streets of the east side sweeping saturated newpapers and litter into the flooded pathway. The sky hung low with the burden of monotonous clouds, dripping sharp drops of crystal rain. The splashes echoed through the empty tunnels and labyrinths of twisting caverns lathered with graffiti. Amidst the strident incessant torrents of icy precipitation, lay a purple, torn umbrella.

"This weather is terrible even for this season." grumbled the low voice of Frankly as he tightly gripped the rubber handle of the old, saturated umbrella.

He hastily splashed his heavy feet into the deep consuming puddles formed from the holes in the tarmac. He felt the warm glow eminating from his home.

"I'm finally back. Away with you putrid rain!" grunted Frankly in an angered and low voice.

Pushing aside the wooden door to hear the familiar creak of the rusted hinges he promptly tossed the umbrella which fell into the stack of old rags under the shelf next to his beloved oak desk.

Shaking off the sub zero precipation, he sat comfortable in his rocking chair and gazed drowzily into the beautiful topaz flames burning away inside the blackened grate.

"Ah, the soothing warmth of a traditional old fire. Ah...." Frankly mumbled contently to himself.

He gripped the spine of an old dusty book, raised his thick glasses over his nose and flipped open the book with the company of a small dust cloud.

"Hack Hurf! Urgh...Hagh Hack! The price to pay for a good old read, huh? Hack Hurf!" Frankly spluttered in complaint.

He gently pulled back the satin bookmark and flipped over the age-stained pages which gave a satisfying rustle as they peeled back onto the back of the cover page.

Time passed.....

Last edited by Doo_liss on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Slick Store!    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:31 am   Reply with quote

I'm curious to know the rest! GO! DO... PROF. FRANLKY!
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:14 am   Reply with quote

Chapter One: Part Two

A sharp squeek penetrated into the slumbering goomba's left ear causing him to abruptly leap into a standing position on the weak wooden floor below the comfortable luxurious rocking chair.

A lone mouse crept into the residence, saturated and exhausted. Removing it's slick face mask, the crook rested it's arm on the shelf of rags. Frankly instantly approached the interloper as to tell it to leave his private property.

"Get out of here, you ratscalion, I have no business for you here, there is nothing that I have of value. Just books! Leave this instant." commanded the angered and sleep deprived Frankly.

"Sorry, man, that weather is atrocious...*pant*...I just...could not....make...it back to Ishnail's place, man...*wheeze*.."

Frankly raised one of his bushy grey eyebrows at the intruder suspicious whether or not he was becknoning him to approach him so that he may assault him. His eyes scanned for a weapon yet no such object could be noted on the person of the mouse.

"So...you are not here to cause trouble? You say you are one of Ishnail's, that good for nothin' vandal and well known crook."

"Listen, gramps...I don't want any trouble...I'm too tired to move..."

Frankly puzzled at the truthful speaking of the misterious vermin. After considerable thought and much haste he brought him to the fireplace and wrapped him in a rag.

"Why are you out in that with no umbrella, sonny?"

The rat picked himself up and spoke, "I never imagined it to get so bad in such short notice....*pant*...it's unthinkable...."

Frankly nodded in agreement to the mouse's words and accompanied him by the blazing fire.
Slick Store!    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:38 pm   Reply with quote

Hm... Interesting and mysterious!
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:43 pm   Reply with quote

The next chapter will come later today!
Slick Store!    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:47 pm   Reply with quote

OK!
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm   Reply with quote

Expect it when someone posts here.
Slick Store!    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:54 pm   Reply with quote

Doopliss wrote:
Expect it when someone posts here.

Flavio expects it.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:09 pm   Reply with quote

Alright then. Give me an hour or two.
Slick Store!    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:12 pm   Reply with quote

Doopliss wrote:
Alright then. Give me an hour or two.

Okay, also, Flavio is just posting so you don't double post.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:00 pm   Reply with quote

Chapter two: Part One

Frankly lay slouched in his rocking chair with drool dripping from his open mouth. The fire was still blazing beautifully and topaz sparks flew from the fire like confetti. The rat lay slumped against the hard oak wall still cald in torn robes that were drying off from the warm glow of the fire.

Frankly slowly opened his eyes. He drowzily got to his feet and yawned loudly. With a swift movement he obtained his thick rimmed glasses and applied them to his round face, regaining sight once more.

"Are you feeling alright there?" Inquired Frankly with a higher and cherrier tone.

The rat poked it's pointed wet through the layers of rough rags piled up in the corner of the residence. His eyes became visible as he shuffled around.

"Yeah. It's cosy in this place." spoke the rat from under the layers of old rags.

Frankly lifted his glasses onto his awkward forehead and gently rubbed his tired eyes.

The old goomba glanced out of the window to see a lone crow pecking at the glass. He returned his focus to the crow and frowned at it's actions.

"Shoo! Pesky bird!"

The crow let of a sharp cry and glided off to another residence scavenging for food.

Frankly looked back down into the rag pile where the crook was not visible anymore. Only a lump in the pile of worn cloth.

"Oh, I never caught your name." replied Frankly after much hesitation from the fact that the rat did not speak again.

"Rattz is the name. "

Frankly raised one of his bushy eyebrows and nodded contently before boudning past his desk to fetch a book.

There was a rather abrupt and very prominent knock on Frankly's door almost knocking it off it's hinges.

"Oh no! They are here to get me!" squeeled rattz in panic.
Slick Store!    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations