digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I Demand a Mario Party!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 pm   Reply with quote

With the dice system and coins and such, the premise is simple enough. Someone creates a board (preferably Francis), and we have a Mario Party on the board. Rules are detailed by the board creator, and the first four to join the party can participate. A waiting list could then be made, or two parties could be orchestrated at once, or something or another like that.

Dice rolls would, obviously, take place using the dice roll system. Forks in the road would be taken by the member who rolled the dice's choice. Items...I'll get back to you on that.

Mini-games can be really anything from getting a high score on the Arcade's Donkey Kong to painting the best picture of a Franis in five minutes to playing a match of Brawl online.

Obviously, there would be rewards for winning. Francis might grant them with a choice of another alt slot, customized item, a little "I won Mario Party, in your face" trophy...really, anything's possible.

If they wanted, other members could bet on who they think would win.

I believe that someone tried to start a Mario Party in OT a few months back. That was good and fun, though it never got anywhere. By making Mario Party a boardwide event, we can actually have a purpose to parties, and something to look forward to.

Also, activity is slowing a bit, so it'd be nice to have SOMETHING to pick us up.
Temple of I    
Silver~

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:22 pm   Reply with quote

1. activity is mostly slow due to everyone on vacation
2. as long as it doesn't devour many innocent bandwiths, highly supported.
Shiggy's Stuff    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:24 pm   Reply with quote

I tried to make something like this a while back, but it sank.

Anyways, I think it would be fun to have a Mario Party...but minigames could be difficult, because not everyone has access to things like painting programs, certain websites, Wi-Fi, certain games and systems, and so on. It would probably have to be something along Arcade games, finding hidden items with the shovel...things that can be done with the site's current features.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm   Reply with quote

Support'd 100%, as long as you use GOOD minigames.
Toad House    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:29 pm   Reply with quote

Bliiiip. (Support'd.)
Die4Less Corp.    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:49 pm   Reply with quote

I support this mostly because of the fact I play the games and enjoy them.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:36 pm   Reply with quote

Biiiiip Bee. (Support'd X2)
Die4Less Corp.    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm   Reply with quote

Supported! This would be a change for the party system for once. Don't you like a good mario party, everybody?
Hell    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm   Reply with quote

Popple tried this a long time ago, and it even got running for a short while. The problem is that a forum is not real-time, so it would take forever to get people to do their turn, or they would forget it about it completely.

So, I think for it to work I need to make it "official" and I put some programming behind it...

You could forget the turn-based style of Mario Party, and just have a huge board that anyone can join, and every hour or two you could roll a dice, regardless of what everyone else is doing. Once a day you would have to preform an activity, and anyone else doing the same activity would be going against each other. If it was a drawing activity, you would have to submit an Oekaki drawing, and the site would vote the next day on the best one. So if you win, you earn game-coins, which can be used to buy Stars, and who ever has the most Stars at the end of the month wins. Then a new game starts for the next month.

Or, why not just use our real coins, and you earn real coins troughout the game, which can be used on stars, or just kept. So even if you dont win the game, you still earn some *bling!* Then I could make special board-game items, which you can buy that do all kinds of cool stuff. Or even user-created boardgame items.

I'm on a "roll" now!
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:50 pm   Reply with quote

Not support'd. It'll nom the bandwiths
The King's Chamber    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:20 pm   Reply with quote

Sweeney Jones wrote:
Not support'd. It'll nom the bandwiths

You should let me worry about the bandwidths
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:30 pm   Reply with quote

Very, very support'd.

Perhaps the game board would not take place like a tradition party, but would be a whole new section of the site (like tournaments except not) where a new game is held each month and people can choose to sign up for the next game before it starts.
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
Click here for 500 coins!
Sho Minamimoto
Burning Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:50 pm   Reply with quote

Supported, sign me up for the first one!
FREE COINS    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 pm   Reply with quote

Thats a pretty awesome idea.
Choco's    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:07 pm   Reply with quote

Tried it.

Didn't work.

Move on.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback