digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Shop ideas: What would you like/expect to see from Spike?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Black Market

Is this a good idea?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Blue Koopa Bro
Spike D. Hammer

HP: 90 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 pm   Reply with quote

I'm thinking about setting up a sort of... themed shop once I get enough coinage. After seeing many of the already available shops (and noting what items AREN'T present at the current time), I couldn't help but get the itch to be productive myself! So... What I'm looking for is item ideas. I'll list what I've thought about putting in, and I'll expand the list with a section on item suggestions from you guys. I'll try to keep it short/sweet and to the point.

MY IDEAS

Attack Items/Weaponry (attack values will be determined later)
- Standard Sledge: Your basic hammer for your basic needs.
- Wooden Whomper: Mainly used as a tool, but can leave a nice bump on one's head.
- Megaton Mallet: You get hit with this, and don't expect to get back up! BAM!
- Mini-Hammers: Shop-owner's Choice! Great throwing hammers for spamming, being a nuisance, and damaging/confusing opponents!
- Scout's Bat: It's not a hammer, but boy, can it BONK!
- Bob-omb: Classic. Wind it up and throw, or set 'em down and watch em go! Packs a whollop!

Recovery Items
- Koopa Kool-aid (G): It's green! Green means it's good! (HP recovery)
- Koopa Kool-aid (R): Mmm, fruit punch~ (MP Recovery)
- Copypasta: Nummy, recycled goodness. (HP Recovery)

Miscellaneous
- Hammer-Time Badge: A sign of relationship from Spike D. Hammer (relationship item)
- Power Pound Badge: Granted to a Champion recognized by Spike D. Hammer (award; will be in stock once I make a competition)
- Toolbox: So THAT'S where he gets all his hammers! (Container)
- H.B. Suit Mario Plushie: AWWWWWWW! *squeeze*
- Target's Concept Sketch: "So... this is the guy I need to hammer, right?" (Sketch Request item; PM me to see examples of my work)

USER SUBMITTED IDEAS

Attack Items/Weaponry
- Colored Cudgel: Whack someone and change their color! Great for vandals.
- Spike D.'s Hammer: ... Oh wait, it's just a replica. Dammit. REFUND!
-The Chaos Hammer: A hammer infused with the powers of the Chaos Heart

Last edited by Spike D. Hammer on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 10 times in total
Spike's Spot    
Megamaw
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 pm   Reply with quote

How about a hammer that does 10 damage, and changes the user color?
Knick-Knack Shack    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:39 pm   Reply with quote

A Spike D.'s hammer.
Shop of Stev-0    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:47 pm   Reply with quote

I should warn you that shops aren't doing too well currently so you might want to think for a while before opening a shop.

Only two or three shops seem to still be gaining profit while the others seem to get little or no profit, this excludes services like sprite making recolors ect.

Also I'm not saying it is a bad idea but I'm just making sure you know the current risks in running a shop.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Blue Koopa Bro
Spike D. Hammer

HP: 90 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:09 pm   Reply with quote

Well, thanks to some very nice contributors, I might be able to put it up soon. Hell, even if I don't sell a single item, it'd be nice to see my ideas put into action.

... That and while I wouldn't mind doing character sketches (PM me for samples and tell me your thoughts on whether I should or shouldn't add that as a service in my shop), I've seen many a friend who did the same only to get SWAMPED, then go on hiatus, then their shop dies and they die a little more on the inside...
Spike's Spot    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Black Market