digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

That's My Bowser #2's Mystery Participant Lottery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:33 pm   Reply with quote

The rules are rather simple. You post your guess for who you think the mystery participant in the That's My Bowser quiz showdown was (you can't guess yourself, so the mystery participant can't win) and give me 2 coins. If you guess correctly, you win 3/4ths of the coins I collected from the people participating. If no one guesses correctly, the mystery participant gets those coins. If more than one person guesses correctly, they split the money.

The mystery participant is allowed to guess leave a guess of someone else if they wish to in order to throw people off his/her trail. You can change your guess anytime before the mystery participant is revealed. You can also buy extra guesses if you wish to.

And to encourage the first person to make a guess, I'll put up two of my own hard-earned coins up as part of the possible prize. In other words, once someone makes a guess, there will be 4 coins collected, and thus if that first person guessed correctly, they make a profit of one coin. They'll make even more profit if more people participate in this gamble.

So...

Current grand prize for correct guess: 3 coins

Last edited by Marker Magikoopa on Sat May 12, 2007 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shop #42    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

This sounds like a nefarious plot for you to get cash. DON'T PAY HIM! IT'S A TRICK!
NON BANNER    
Merlee
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

He's a scamming loser. I understand why he likes Lord Bowser. They're both pricks.

yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:44 pm   Reply with quote

Is it Luvbi?
GashBell's Shop    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:45 pm   Reply with quote

I'm serious. Don't guess who it is. He'll say we all got it wrong and then laugh in our faces about how he's got a huge pile of cash and we don't.
NON BANNER    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:51 pm   Reply with quote

bobthelemon wrote:
This sounds like a nefarious plot for you to get cash. DON'T PAY HIM! IT'S A TRICK!

But you gotta trust me! How am I supposed to rip you off if you don't trust me?

Ok, now that I've got that slightly moddified Eddy quote out of the way, there are a few things I want you to keep in mind.

1. I want to do this weekly. If I don't live up to my word this week, no one will trust me next week.

2. The mystery participant will be able to confirm that they were the mystery participant when the voting for the quiz showdown ends. So you'll have someone to confirm that you were right or wrong in your guess.

3. Tell me the last time I scammed you.

4. I may have a favoritism for a single participant, but I do not plan to let it get in the way of keeping the quiz showdown or this guessing game fair. If I did, the other participants wouldn't want to participate, and I wouldn't be able to see Lord Bowser be recognized as the true Bowser.

5. I want a chance to make some profit from holding a weekly quiz showdown.

I hope this helps convince you to trust me. Keeping my word is, afterall, the most logical (and profitable) thing to do.
Shop #42    
Crono
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:54 pm   Reply with quote

I say I was the mystery contestant.

Edit: Rats! Can't guess myself. I guess Magikoopa, then.

cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:56 pm   Reply with quote

Well, Magikoopa, you DID try to make me join the villains. That hurt my trust on you.
NON BANNER    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:45 am   Reply with quote

Crono, you forgot to give me two coins when you guessed in the topic.

OK, so the mystery participant was... Popple.

So I have to give 3 coins to him for not being guessed.
Shop #42    
Crono
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

But, I totally gave you two coins. I distinctly recall wondering if I should've typed a message with them, then decided against it.

Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:53 pm   Reply with quote

Crono wrote:
But, I totally gave you two coins. I distinctly recall wondering if I should've typed a message with them, then decided against it.

OK, so it seems that it doesn't tell the recipient that they recieved the donation if there is no message with it. Sorry.
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments