digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

What I hope to achieve as President...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:57 am   Reply with quote

1. I will do all in my power to convince Francis to remove dead boards, to pave way for the new! Sure, they aren't taking up too much space- but they're unsightly, and have driven off potential citizens from our fine land. I believe that immigration is good for the site, so we must make digibutter appear as a land of oppurtunity for all!

2. I will appoint a staff composed of quality members to help achieve our goals in different aspects of the site! For instance, there will be a Secretary of Moneyz and a Secretary of Defense. I will make it so that these positions become a reality!

3. I will design and promote an ad-campaign for digibutter.nerr. More details will be revealed at a later date.

4. I strongly believe in the Arcade's power to cause happiness. Therefore, I will actively persuade Francis to add new games while I scout out potential candidates for the arcade.

5. There will be a FREE MARKET solution to digibutter's economic crisis. The coin's value has dropped so low, that it is basically worthless- but I plan on changing things, if I'm elected President. New job possibilities will open up, and new item varieties shall flourish.

6. The Search function WILL BE BROUGHT BACK under my presidency!

More of my stances on the issues will be mentioned at a later date. But for now, let's keep this train a-rollin'!

Last edited by Lord Krump on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
The Highwind Goods Store    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:46 pm   Reply with quote

Make Francis add some more content to this site and you'll have my vote for sure. And for God's sake don't lie.

Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:46 pm   Reply with quote

Could you perhaps be more specific as to the nature of your plans ? At the moment, they seem to vague to wager a vote on.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Yoshio
Yoshio

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:57 pm   Reply with quote

I see nothing in there about making the site more laid back and fun

also I see nothing in there about the spam board you've been campaigning for
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote

Great Scott, why do people alway wish for a spam board ?

That is the internet equivalent of wishing for a living room in which you can leave old food around and scribble on the walls. It only wasted space, stinks, and is generally pointless and bad.

People, Francis - or at least someone - wastes money and resources on this server. Posting spam just to cool off and pleasure your randomness urges is the equivalent of buying an expensive fancy vase and taking a dump in it.

We nuked The Dump for a reason.

Why is it that nearly everyone on the internet loves to make pointless, mindless, purposeless garbage and hates to be "forced" only to comply to logic and polite behavior ?
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:03 pm   Reply with quote

because we're sick of getting striked for every damn thing we post in offtopic
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:12 pm   Reply with quote

The strikes are implemented for a reason. Strikes and punishment are only put out if an offense has taken place. What is an offens and what not is defiend by the community. Also, your claim to every post being striked is clearly a superstition - there are lots of unstriked posts there. Possibly, you are moving in teh wrong circles.

In essence, it's the law. It may not ever suit your whim and desire, but it's there to protect everyone equally. Freedom goes only so far until it restricts another's freedom, and if we get rid of the law, then anarchy rules - obviously.
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote

the fact remains that the members want an area of the forum where the rules are not as strictly enforced

basically they want a place where it is "ok" to spam

whether or not you personally have a need for this is irrelevant

alot of members do
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:38 pm   Reply with quote

I am an active member of the community, so why should my wants, needs and thoughts be ignored ? Are you of a higher value as a person then I am ?

Also, can you prove that the majority of the people here wants that ? I can only speak for myself, but out of my long experience; and I think it would be a bad idea because of the psychological effect (people get away with it on one board and will try it on the others, also, people will be conditioned to stop controlling their spam urges).

Please, reinforce your claims with suitable data.
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:45 pm   Reply with quote

go to Cid's feedback topics and look at all the people who thought a spamboard would be a good idea

and what I meant by my post is that just because you have no need to have a place on Digibutter where the rules are loose does not mean that there are not alot of people who do

not everyone likes making serious ass posts all the time
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:59 pm   Reply with quote

I don't believe is that "having a set of firm rules" equates "every post is 'serious ass'" which I take to mean that it isn't fun.

I cannot honestly say that I do not have fun here, and I have maybe one strike in a year and a half. Most posts on RP, RPOT and OT are most definitely not "serious ass". Those posts are in General Discussion, and even there an endangered species. This is a board for fun, so most content here is for fun. Digibutter isn't quire Serious .Bizness.

Also...

Yoshio wrote:
[...]just because you have no need to have a place on Digibutter where the rules are loose does not mean that there are not alot of people who do

I am afraid I do not understand. Do you mean "you" in the plural or singular sense ?

In german, that is so much easier...
I think you mean "you" as in "Zelnor" because on first look, I thought you'd be contradiciting yourself.

Still, I return to my suggestion that instead of making a lawless board, we review the rules in existance. What do you think of that ? Would that meet the same end for you ?
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

I meant you in the singular

and it wouldn't meet the same end but it'd be worth our while to hammer down what is an acceptable topic or post in the offtopic board

that board is where the problems with the spam rule are coming from
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:06 pm   Reply with quote

Explain, please - if Off-Topic causes the Spam problem, then why would we want to strenghten it by letting it roam freely in a shiny board of its own ?

Also, I have to refer to my posts in the other topic - Off-Topic is for thigns that are Off Topic. The "topic" of this place are video games, Role Play, and SPM. So most things are off topic. That wouldn't be bad, if people wouldn't go beyond "off topic" and into "random stuff".
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:19 am   Reply with quote

Here's something- I promise, as President, to petition Francis to bring back the search function in its entirety! A search feature is a necessity for any website, and digibutter sorely needs it- it makes finding threads for old information, finding where your name is mentioned, and checking to make sure the thread you are about to post hasn't been posted yet far easier!

Now, the Google search does exist, but it is far harder to use. We need a search function, and Cid/Goomba '08 supports the addition of it!
The Highwind Goods Store    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:22 am   Reply with quote

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A PLACE CALLED THE DUMP

WE SET IT ON FIRE AND KICKED IT INTO A RIVER OF CRUDE OIL

I WONDER WHY
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections