digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Satanarchaeolidealcohellish Notion Potion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:11 pm   Reply with quote

This RP is based on the book by Michael Ende "Der satanarchäolügenialkohöllische Wunschpunsch" (ger., the satan-anarchy-archeology-lies-brilliant-alcoholic-hellish ((in german, those phrases can be combines into one word)) Wish Punch) and the TV spin-off cartoon.

As a start, to get a feeling for the thing, I'll tell you about the book.

It is New Years Eve, and neither evil Warlock Beelzebub (german analogy for Satan) Irrwitzer nor his Aunt, the money-witch Tyrannia Vamperl have fulfilled the conditions of their deal with the topmost Lord of Darkness, the Devil himself - haven't poisoned enough rivers, killed enough species, all in all they've failed at creating misery, which an extraordinarily evil emissary expectantly expresses. That is Maledictus Made (ger. "maggot"), evil bureaucrat and a good deal more powerful then the two. He also speaks in alliteration all the time, which makes him awesome.

However, each of the failed mages own half of the instructions telling how to brew the near-allmighty magical Wunschpunsch, an extremely powerful arcade potion that will fulfill a wish a glass, if spoken in rhyme, and even then it will only fulfill the wishes polar opposite - wishing someone help will cause them cancer, for example. Spying on these two are agents of the High Order of the Animals, and they strive to prevent complete destruction. Now, with the wizards about to brew the punch, they travel to their leader to get instructions on how to prevent impending doom.

Different from the book, in the cartoon, the wizards only conjure the punch with the parchment, cast a curse by rhyming it and this curse must only be undisturbed for seven hours before becoming indestructible. A number of theme-related ingredients are added into the brew every time, and casting the curse backwards increases its power. Herr Made also arrives each episode to warn and - after the inevitable curse breakage - punish the duo.

Breaking the curse is done via an ancient riddle which the wise leader of the animal's high order related to the heroes.

Got all that ? Sorry for the wall of text, but Wikipedia has no article in english. >_>

The RP would follow the cartoon's plot - once an "episode", the wizards would cast a curse (after a threat by Made) involving lots of humorous rhyming and the heroes (who can be anyone for all I care, but not too many people) would have to A) get to the High Order of the Animals (having to go through the cursed town of Micropolis, which is the wizards target) and receive their riddle and then decipher it to break the curse -all within seven hours. The curse broken, the wizards would receive an amusing punishment from Made.

Available roles:

Narrator - Taken by Zelnor. Sets up the plot and pushes it along.

Beelzebub Irrwitzer: Old lab scientist, bald in the book but more of the "comical old guy" in the cartoon. Sarcastical relationship with Tyrannia Vamperl, his aunt. Old-fashioned in comparison to his aunt.

Tyrannia Vamperl: Overweight, heavily make-up'd aunt of Irrwitzer. Cruel and sadistic, like her nephew, she makes up curses as often as he does, and is ready to blame him as much as he blames her for their failure. Both never catch on that their pets are their foil (in the RP, human spies are o.k. You could )
Both reside at the Villa Nightmare, overlooking Micropolis, the target of their curses, and love to ride around when they've just released their curse, basking in Schadenfreude.

Maledictus Made: Incredibly intelligent insectoid, indignating idiotic imbeciles ingeniously. Indignates infinitely.

Residents of Micropolis
- Mayor
- Family Cuddly
- Leader of the Fireman

-Spies of the Order of Animals

As a replacement idea, have your character be a servant / etc. at the Villa Nightmare. You'd receive your riddles from a magical tome in the center of the city in a hidden grotto.

However, of course, you would be affected by any curse as well, except if it would A) make it impossible to be able to reverse it or B) were in the wizard's study / in a close radius when they release the curse ((which they won't allow, seeing as they're, well, evil.))

If you need some visual aids, here two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtwQuGyWQQ - The ceremony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Sy1VBF36Q - Expository intro

So.. yeah. Wall of text, I know.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 pm   Reply with quote

HOLY BAJEEZUS THEY MADE A SERIES OF IT. o3o

Zelnor, have my internet-spawn. I hadn't thought anyone else had read this book.

I'd try the raven (can't remember his name for the life of me) but I'd have to reread the book. Hmmm. :3
Buzzy Mart    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:06 pm   Reply with quote

Jakob Krakel ? Sure. If you want to, no problem. Now we need more people.

And yes, this was one of my favourite childhood books. I just dunno whether the illustrations or the cartoon characters are more awesome.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:24 pm   Reply with quote

Now I'm tempted to get out my dusty "Learn German Now!" Cds...... (Actually, seeing that I'll be vacationing next summer there, I should...)

I'll join, but I'll have to reread the stuff again to get it through my head....
Paper Peach's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play