digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

R4: Revolution for DS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:05 am   Reply with quote

Southeast Asia is notorious for illegal media, such as recorded movies (often taped in theaters) and pirated video games. R4 is sort of like a mod for the DS, allowing you to have multiple games on one DS game card along with ROMS of other systems such as NES and SNES and multimedia.

Using a Micro SD card as memory, you can find many of the DS games for the R4 online and download them. Note that this is illegal. You can put your own movies, music, and photos on the SD card and view them on your DS. Or you can pay R4 sellers (here in the Philippines, found in flea markets brimming with fake pocket books with Chanel and Versace branded on them and runoffs of brand clothing like Ambercrombie and Fitch) for games. At the place I bought mine, you could buy a DVD with 100 games already on it; you just have to put them in the R4 yourself.

I still have yet to test if wireless gameplay and Wifi games work (like Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) with the R4, though that might depend on the files you have downloaded.

Here is the site for the R4. Beware of intense amounts of Engrish.

http://r4ds.com/index-en.htm
The Shop on a Hill    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 am   Reply with quote

You won't see me getting that thing. Something like that would get a guy in trouble.

PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:42 pm   Reply with quote

You people do realize that you can use things like this for Homebrew DS Games and applications? I have something like this, actually. The M3 Simply. I have a DS version of MSN and AIM and a Homebrew version of a game from Homestar Runner.

That being said, I am a sofeware pirate.
Console Merchandise    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 am   Reply with quote

Miles Edgeworth wrote:
You people do realize that you can use things like this for Homebrew DS Games and applications? I have something like this, actually. The M3 Simply. I have a DS version of MSN and AIM and a Homebrew version of a game from Homestar Runner.

That being said, I am a sofeware pirate.

*insert the "You are a pirate" song here*

I'd never get that. The worst thing I have is a Visualboy Advance. And I only use it to play Pokemon Quartz (a rom hack).
A Bucket of Stuff    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews