digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Anyone know how to cut a video in half?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 pm   Reply with quote

I have a 12 minute video that I want to get on youtube, but.... it's twelve minutes long.

So, with basic crap like movie maker, ((Which I didn't use to make the movie, I recorded it on VBA)), and media editor, is it even doable?
PSI and more    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:19 pm   Reply with quote

It's doable. In Movie Maker, copy and paste the movie so that you have 2 of the same video.

Cut the first one in half by dragging the end towards the beginning, and cut the second one in half by dragging the beginning towards the end. They should meet in the middle. Copy the second clip, save it, and open up a new movie. Paste the second clip, and you have part 2. Save that, then go back to part 1 and delete the second part.

Complicated, I know, but it really doesn't take more than 3 to 5 minutes.

And stay away from YouTube. Boycott and all.
Geno's Tree    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:47 pm   Reply with quote

Youtube has more publicity, however, and videos are more likely to be watched.
PSI and more    
The dude of all marios
Super Mario-Dude

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:01 pm   Reply with quote

Geno Claus wrote:
It's doable. In Movie Maker, copy and paste the movie so that you have 2 of the same video.

Cut the first one in half by dragging the end towards the beginning, and cut the second one in half by dragging the beginning towards the end. They should meet in the middle. Copy the second clip, save it, and open up a new movie. Paste the second clip, and you have part 2. Save that, then go back to part 1 and delete the second part.

Whats wrong with YouTube?
Mario-Dude's Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:08 pm   Reply with quote

Mario-Dude wrote:
Geno Claus wrote:

They pulled a rule outta their asses about taking down any videos that swear.
Geno's Tree    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:29 pm   Reply with quote

Geno Claus wrote:
Mario-Dude wrote:
Geno Claus wrote:

They pulled a rule outta their asses about taking down any videos that swear.
@Geno Claus: Yoshi can upload it AFTER the boycott is over. BTW, how long is it supposed to be?!

@Yoshi: I know an easier way. Open a new project file. Import the 12-minute video (Uncheck the "Make clips" option!). Put the whole video into the Timeline. Click about ten seconds before the 6-minute mark. Hit play in the preview window. When it gets to EXACTLY six minutes, pause it. Then click the button that says "Split clip at selected frame" or something like that; I'm in Windows 2000 so I can't double-check, but this is basically how you do it. Delete the second clip, and save the project under a different name, like "<videoname> Part1" or something, then have it make a video of the Part 1 clip. For best YouTube viewing, select "640x480, High Quality" as the Convert To format. Click OK, and wait about five to ten minutes for it to compile the video clip. Then open the original file, and delete the first clip. Important: Move the second clip to the beginning of the Timeline if it doesn't automatically do it. Save it as "<videoname> Part2", and then make a video file of the second clip, with the same settings.
After the YouTube Boycott is over, upload the Part1 clip. Once YouTube finishes processing it, upload the Part2 clip as a Video Response to Part1. (This makes it easier to find Part2. Also, use the same category and tags in both videos' descriptions.) And now you've uploaded a Split Video to YouTube! Not that I've ever had to do it, since Roblox videos are usually about three to five minutes, and the last one I uploaded was for the RobloxSecretHalloween Contest...

(Sorry that I keep making walls-o-text, but in this case, it was necessary.)
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support