digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Lopunny's review of the week: Katamari Damacy(PS2)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
I TROL U
Mantis15

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:35 pm   Reply with quote

Every week I decided to do a review of a game of my choice. The review will be seperated in 5 sections:

Storyline: 0-10

Gameplay: 0-10

Music/Sound Effects: 0-10

Graphics: 0-10

Overall: 0-40

Today I do Katamari Damacy...

Storyline: 8/10 The King of All Cosmos gets himself drunk and destroys about half of the universe. It's up to you(The Prince) to roll ANYTHING you can up into your Katamari to recreate the stars. There is also another storyline where there is a family who belives that the Prince will restore the stars. At the end they find out the King also destroyed the moon where their dad was supposed to go, once the Prince gets that out of the way, happily ever after. I would agree this does sound weird and looked weird when I first saw it but it was a unique storyline for a good game.

Gameplay: 9/10 You roll stuff up, sounds boring right and you'd think you'd have to roll up certin objects, well WRONG! You can roll ANYTHING that's smaller than your Katamari, even a RAINBOW! The controlls are sorta messed up because you use one analog to turn and one to roll which I didn't like.

Music/SFX: 10/10 This...is just amazing when it comes to music! The music is just pure win! It's catchy and'll make you play OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Graphics: 7/10 The graphics were average but they were also blocky and the King looked weird. But the coolest looking thing was the ROYAL RAINBOW!

Overall: 34/40(A-) A GREAT game to own and great replay value but just some things throw it off but those aren't important.
Relations 'R' Us    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote

I don't think it deserves that high of a score. I mean it was a good game, but it was really short and lacked a deep multiplayer mode. I'd give it something tot he extent of a 7/10.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews