digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Orange Box Pc Problem...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Mr.Tingle
Super MrTingle

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:50 pm   Reply with quote

So I recently bought the Orange Box for my PC ,I downloaded it and decided to play Team Fortress 2 first.But it started lagging like crazy and crashed my computer!So I restarted my computer and tried playing Portal it workes fine till i enter the very first portal and when i come out the outher one it freezes and brings up this message:

"The instruction at "0x0e0b13f2" referenced memory at 0x29010674"The Memory could not be "read" "

I already tried reinstalling it but the same problem happened!

Does any one have any ideas on how to fix this?

cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:57 pm   Reply with quote

With TF2, it's clearly your graphics card. Portal, I don't know.
NON BANNER    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 am   Reply with quote

Zoron wrote:
With TF2, it's clearly your graphics card. Portal, I don't know.
I think they both run on the same version of the Source engine (not sure), so there shouldn't be any difference...

Have you tried looking on Steam Support? And if there isn't a solution there, the support forums?
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:24 pm   Reply with quote

Yes, all Orange Box games use the same version of Source. How else can level-modders use Half-Life stuff in custom Portal levels?
Graphics cards aren't the entire equation. You also need a fast processor. And if you're talking about load lag for starting the game, well, that's Steam's fault! I think they put slow-down commands in there intentionally just to *crag* off users, so when they get into a TF2 match or something, they're already in the "shoot the crap outta everything that moves" mindset. That's why I haven't played Portal for months. That, and I'm working a lot on my Roblox projects. Yesterday, I just finished a crappily-edited VIP Shirt for LittleBigRoblox.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support