digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Wii problemss D:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Master Shake
Teh Evil Bunnyy!!

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:43 pm   Reply with quote

Kay.. well, recently my wii broke.. (OH NO) and I get a "Unable to read disc" message for EVERY game. So, theres deffinately something up with the wii. It cost 75$ to fix it..(which I dont have atm 'cause I spent all my money in like a day :c ) so I talked to a guy about it and he suggested to maybe open up the wii and see whats wrong myself ^^. So...

Does anyone here know how to open up a wii???...

Yeah, I mean its not like I can do that much damage to it by just opening it up and looking..and maybe trying to fix it.. D:

Im thinking maybe the laser or whatever inside of it maybe got loose or something..(since it broke from me dropping it on the floor D:< ) so maybe if I see it i'll try to screw it more.. Yeah I have no idea...

Lol. So yeah how do you crack it open..?

(If you guys have any suggestions for me go for it..if doing this is gonna *crag* up my wii Im not doing it..)

Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 pm   Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
Kay.. well, recently my wii broke.. (OH NO) and I get a "Unable to read disc" message for EVERY game. So, theres deffinately something up with the wii. It cost 75$ to fix it..(which I dont have atm 'cause I spent all my money in like a day :c ) so I talked to a guy about it and he suggested to maybe open up the wii and see whats wrong myself ^^. So...

Does anyone here know how to open up a wii???...

Yeah, I mean its not like I can do that much damage to it by just opening it up and looking..and maybe trying to fix it.. D:

Im thinking maybe the laser or whatever inside of it maybe got loose or something..(since it broke from me dropping it on the floor D:< ) so maybe if I see it i'll try to screw it more.. Yeah I have no idea...

Lol. So yeah how do you crack it open..?

(If you guys have any suggestions for me go for it..if doing this is gonna *crag* up my wii Im not doing it..)
screwdriver
Ornaments    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:40 am   Reply with quote

DON'T. IT's fine, high-tech electronics in there, and a screw driver A) does not work on special Nintendo-brand screws and B) would probably damage the printed circuits on the mainboard, if not the laser array, if forcibly inserted.

Send it in to Nintedo support; I've heard tons of nice stories of quick and often even free replacement.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:27 am   Reply with quote

Pop that sucker open.

That's how I fixed my PS3, and let me tell you, it's way faster than sending it in for repairs, and you save some money.
Toad Town Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support