digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Cel {spoilers}

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Oress Plot
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:20 pm   Reply with quote

{{I'll be doing this thing where I do an analysis of each major character in the plot, so you can know them better and you'll know what to expect from them. Plus, it's fun writing stuff. (:}}

Fun Fact: Celestine Raica Clairemonte, Holder of the Entra (later Entria) Oress was who she began life as. She later became Celene "Cel" Entria, Original Holder of the Entria Oress.

As with all Oress, Cel began life as a normal, Real person with her own family, friends, her own life...but that suddenly changed.

When Umbra created the Oress, they were instantly signed to a large group of Real People against their will. Upon being given the Oress, these people had their memories erased (with the exception of Vitara and Neren). The only thing they could recall was their name, age, personality...the basics, really. Cel was no exception to this rule.

Cel, along with the other new Oress Holders, woke up in Castle Oress, confused. While they all wanted to leave, they realized they had nowhere to go. They all discovered they had Oress, and decided there must be some kind of purpose. After some introductions and decisions, they all wound up staying in Castle Oress. At least, for the night. After are, there were enough rooms to hold them all, plus more.

That night, Cel had an odd dream. Someone had appeared to her in a dream and explained everything. Cel awoke, shocked, in the middle of the night, and didn't waste any time. She gathered everyone and told her about the dream. While initially skeptical, the Oress Holders decided to go with it, especially after they discovered the Oress gave them odd powers.

Since Cel had the dream, they figured she was special, and gave her the honor of being Leader. She accepted this title with joy, but on the inside, she was reluctant.

The next few days were peaceful, and Castle Oress was a fun place. Everyone was getting along, and Castle Oress had been renovated to make it more like home (well, if you think that arcades and waterparks feel like home). Until the day they had an unexpected guest; Umbra.

Cel thought Umbra would be helpful and an ally, since she realized Umbra was the woman from her dream, she was wrong. Umbra, after introducing her role as the creator of the Oress, gave them a cryptic statement telling them to watch their backs, because everything was about to change. Cel pleaded for Umbra to tell them what was happening, but she refused.

After some research, Cel managed to find where Umbra lived. She went there and confronted Umbra, but not after finding two more Oress Holders; Ciess and Shan. Umbra finally decided to explain everything about the Oress Cel didn't know, which left Cel in shock.

The Oress were used to mark Real People. They were marked so they could be killed. But Cel didn't understand why they had to be killed. She didn't have the time to ask; Umbra demanded Cel leave, and warned her that if she ever returned, Umbra would kill her.

She reported the bad news to the others, and many of the Oress Holders decided they had to do things on their own. Those Oress left Castle Oress, and became known as Anti-Oress.

Unfortunately, she began getting news of said Oress dying, which threw her into a state of depression; she blamed herself for everything.

One day, Aella and Arode dragged in the critically-injured and barely-conscious body of Fray; which was found not far from the body of the recently-killed Poice, indicating there was some sort of conflict between them. Fyel recognized Fray as one of Halyn's Assistants, and so the Oress Holders came to the conclusion that Fray had killed Poice, and had therefore likely killed off other Oress Holders, too. Nonetheless, Fray was put under the care of Vitara, who managed to restore her to a decent level of health.

The Oress Holders suggest that they kill Fray while they still had her in captivity. After all, the opposing alliances of Halyn, Umbra, and Verity would've surely done the same to them. Killing off Fray would've been the perfect way to send a signal to them that they were just as dangerous as anyone else. Cel felt somewhat uncomfortable with this decision, and decided to visit Fray herself.

Fray was in a state of complete shock at being in Castle Oress. She was concerned at what would happen when...if...she got back to where Halyn and the others. Interacting with the Oress was generally a bad thing, unless she was killing them off. After questioning the traumatized Marionette, Cel released Fray. However, the Oress Holders held hostility over Cel for being too soft.

Over time, more and more Oress fell to the forces of Halyn, Umbra, and Verity until only herself, Ciess, Shan, Fyel, and Seren were left. Ciess and Shan were allied with Umbra, and Fyel and Seren were allied with Halyn. So, Cel was left alone to wallow in her loneliness-induced despair.

One day, she got a visit by Niya. She claimed she was here to keep her company. So, Niya came over to visit the lonely Cel every day for at least a month, and they became very close friends. Until one day, she didn't show up. Same with the next day, and the next, and the next...Cel came to the heartbreaking conclusion that Niya had been killed.

She went nearly insane due to the loneliness. Day by day, the empty mansion haunted her as she wandered around aimlessly, trying to think of a way to fix it all.

What thought came across her mind? The Second Floor. She recalled that it was closed off, no one could ever get in it. Poice tried to get inside once, and he went mad after failing. Odd things like that always happened around it.

So Cel started to pound desperately on those accursed walls, dying to know what was behind them. But her attempts were in vain, all she got was pain, such an odd searing pain, searing through her body. She gave up all hope, and stumbled out of the Castle.

She wandered for days and days, finally collapsing from a mixture of stress, hunger and thirst, lack of sleep, and the pain that still remained circulating throughout her body.

The lonely soul burst into tears, tears no one would never see. She pleaded to the skies to just kill her now, to end her miserable life.

Her pleas were answered as the pain quickly consumed her, and she died right then and there.

One day, Umbra was ambling along and noticed Entria on the ground in the spot where Cel had died, it's once vibrant glow gone. Umbra wasn't sure what was more troubling; the fact that the Oress was 'dead', or the fact that Cel's corpse was nowhere to be seen, and it was never found.

Neren sent her to the Bitlands for the same reason as everyone else, but also to give her a second chance to redeem herself, and to cure the loneliness that ultimately caused her demise.

questions/comments/cheese in a can

Last edited by Tayl on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:27 pm   Reply with quote

...Wow. You really have thought out Cel a whole lot. I like it. :3
The Domain of Secrets    
Nimexa, The Gentle Breeze
Dark Prognosticus
Burning Werewolf

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:27 pm   Reply with quote

Death by lonliness...

;; Saaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Dark Prognosticus` Deed Shop    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:01 pm   Reply with quote

Please, Cel's is nothing. Wait until you hear Umbra's backstory...that'll be at least twice the size of Cel's. Some of Halyn's Assistants will even surpass Umbra's, by a lot, too (mainly because Halyn's alliance is the main focus of Marionette, the novel that I'll probably never get around to typing unless everyone goes down on their knees and begs, so I've developed their characters more). I come up with new ideas constantly~

Also, yeah. I wanted Cel's death to be different than the others. I figured loneliness and guilt would be enough motivation to get herself killed by the magical deadly powers of the Second Floor.

I want to get around to typing up Umbra's backstory (mainly 'cause I've done an insane amount of development since Umbra's Mansion got all active), but I don't think I'll have enough time this weekend. I could work on it tonight but my little brother's friend is sleeping over and they're sleeping in the living room, right by where the computer is, so they'll be all up in my grill, yo. Then I'm going with my dad tomorrow, soooooo.

fffffffffffffffffff
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

I can't wait to hear Umbra's story.

Get back into your alt slot and stop fantasizing, you. >:U

<.<

>.>
The Domain of Secrets    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote

Awesome. This is truly amazing, Tayl.

Loneliness, what a way to die. I would personally pick insanity, but that's a rather good way too.
The Town of Lix    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:17 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Awesome. This is truly amazing, Tayl.

Loneliness, what a way to die. I would personally pick insanity, but that's a rather good way too.

Don't worry. I have people who die of insanity, trust me.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:32 pm   Reply with quote

Awe--some. That was so awesome, the awesome split off on it's own.
The Town of Lix    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:21 pm   Reply with quote

Now I'm REALLY curious about the others.

Poor Cel, though... ;;
Buzzy Mart    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:15 pm   Reply with quote

i no rite D:

Also, something I forgot to mention.

The initial Oress Holders had no choice; they were all forcibly signed to their respective Oress. Upon their forced ownership of the Oress, all of their previous memories (other than the basic things they knew; their memories of their families, personal lives, friends, even their own names were forgotten...they took their names from the Oress') were erased.

However, pieces of Cel's memories began to return slowly after an early attempt to enter the Second Floor. All she could manage to recall was being called "Cel", a name she quickly adopted.

By the time of her death she still didn't know much; but she managed to recognize Niya and Narelle as her previous friends, and that she had attended a funeral for her recently-deceased mother the day before being signed to Entria. She also managed to remember her full name; Celestine (not Celene, as she previously assumed) Coralynn Clairemonte (lol CCC).

Due to the fact that she was the only one who had the opportunity to find out who she really used to be, this only added to the hostility the Oress Holders had for her (due to the significant dreams exclusive to her, and for being too soft of a leader). Awwwww.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:55 pm   Reply with quote

I want to know more about Neren ( even though I've heard so much ) after you do Umbra. Just because I'm interested in how everything came to be around her. Also Icisa. >:
The Carmadox Party    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm   Reply with quote

I already did Umbra's, unless you're talking about something else.

Neren and Vitara are the first two Oress Holders (aside from Cel, obviously) I intend on giving profiles on, since they're vital to the progression of the plot, as well as the mythology behind it.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups