digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Undiscovered Secret in Mega Man 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:59 pm   Reply with quote

Dr. Manhattan wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Flavio wrote:
Fancy Wario wrote:
As far as I'm concerned with, this is BS. It's like Miyamoto's "one last secret" in OoT.

Ah, Flavio remembers that vaguely. But didn't he say it was in an old Zelda game not specifically OoT?
Might be the red ring in Zelda II °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ

I AM ERROR
I am Bagu. °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:23 pm   Reply with quote

Crackbone wrote:
Dr. Manhattan wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Flavio wrote:
Fancy Wario wrote:
As far as I'm concerned with, this is BS. It's like Miyamoto's "one last secret" in OoT.

Ah, Flavio remembers that vaguely. But didn't he say it was in an old Zelda game not specifically OoT?
Might be the red ring in Zelda II °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ

I AM ERROR
I am Bagu. °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ

I am Ragu.

Toad Town Shop    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:36 pm   Reply with quote

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQECODjWu5Y The secret may actually be that image of Bass on the computer screen. I mean, it's too obvious to be a secret, but it's one of those things you have to beat each Robot Master LAST to learn.

darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm   Reply with quote

darkzero's Bargain shop    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:15 pm   Reply with quote

Secrets wrote:
Hidden Items.
- There is a hidden E Tank behind the clouds on Tornado Man's stage. It's in the beginning of the raining area (after climbing up the ladder). Use Rush Coil to get it.
- There is some hidden energy behind the "Dr. W" sign on Wily Stage 2. Use the hornet chaser to get it.

Weapons.
- Tornado Blow allows you to jump higher.
- Magma Bazooka can be charged.
- Hornet Chaser will grab items (except E Tanks) when there are no enemies around.
- Laser Trident passes through shields and can break destructible blocks.
- Rush Jet. You can fire backwards while riding it.
- A few Hornet Chasers can drop the Boulder mini boss in Jewel Man's stage with no delay
- Hornet Chaser doesn't pick up the Large Life units dropped by the boss rematch (hence why "Mega Diet" doesn't reduce by 1 if you skip Tornado Man's Life unit; they're programmed a bit differently)
- Before detonating Black Hole Bomb, you can move it upwards and downwards
- If you are hit by Concrete Shot during Black Hole Bomb's detonation, its colors change to gray/dark gray colors (haven't tried other weapons yet)
- Concrete Shot freezes Galaxy Man's Black Hole Bomb
- You can shoot Jewel Satellite forward.

Tricks
- Lava beams (Magma Man's level) can be frozen solid with Concrete Shot and shattered with Laser Trident afterwards.
- Mega Man will turn black when shot by the octopus robot's ink (Splash Woman's stage). Even some of Mega Man's special weapons will turn black. Pressing start will remove the ink.
- If you inch Mega Man close enough to the vertical Lava beams, you'll see sparks flying off of his foot.
- If you buy Roll's Mega Man 8 outfit and complete the game, she'll wear it in her ending picture.
- Using the M Tank at full life and weapon energy will turn all the enemies onscreen into 1-ups. Doesn't work on bosses.
- Normally, Proto Man can only have 2 shots on the screen at once. If you equip Proto Coil/Jet, you can fire 3 shots.
- Pausing removes your special weapons from the screen. This allows for many tricks such as using Rush Coil and Tornado Blow together for very high jumps.

Cameos/Trivia
- We see Dr. Wily's serial number (19-871-217) in the intro. It's a reference to December 17th, 1987 (the release date of Rockman in Japan).
- Chun Li from Street Fighter II is the reporter in the intro.
- We can see scematics of Bass on the computer screen after defeating Dr. Wily.
- Fake Man resembles the generic robots from the Mega Man cartoon series.

Other
- These songs were recycled from Mega Man 2. Password/Continue screen (used in the menu), Game Start (when you select a boss), Dr. Wily UFO, Dr. Wily Castle, Get a Weapon, Game Over, and the Stage Clear jingle.
- The Ending song is a slow remix of the "stage select" theme from Mega Man 2.
- The "Rush Jet" song is a combination of "Get a Weapon" from Mega Man 2 & Mega Man 9's shop music.
- "Staff Roll" melody sounds somewhat similar to Super Punch Out's ending credits.
- In Endless mode, Mega Man begins taking more damage after some point. The damage seems to increase after every 8 bosses.
- Concrete Man's song is based off Wood Man's song
- IIRC, Plug Man's song is based off Quick Man's song

Seth wrote:
Lol, no, it is none of these things. I'm well aware of the stuff on these lists, and wouldn't refer to something that's common knowledge among fans as "undiscovered." Good luck!

best,

Seth

All of these things have been confirmed to not be the secret. The Robot Master cutscene has been common knowledge for quite a while, I doubt it would be it.

Also, on Sigma...

"GM stands for Game Master. Its the name you take if you work for the company, and they don't want you posing as a Capcom employee. That is why it's censored."
Anti-Francis Mart    
koopakape
Supa Koopa

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:49 pm   Reply with quote

as far as the Wily 1 MM1 recreation in Endless Attack, there are actually a few others like it, such as a recreation of the infamous 'massive disappearing block marathon at the end of Heat Man's level'

now, what I'd like is if someone took a video or a series of snapshots of the cutscene with the Masters, with each of the 8 Masters being defeated last, and let a bunch of us Megaman nuts analyze them heavily and do things like make a shop of what the scene would look like if *no* Masters were there. Maybe we'd get something then.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews