digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

NINTENDO DSi COMING TO AMERICA IN APRIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews

Will you be buying a Nintendo DSi?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 13 ]
Maybe
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Not Sure
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 36

Something to deliver
Screamy

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

They won't be able to hack it. If they haven't hacked the Wii to play emulators and free roms yet, why would the DSi be capable? I don't see a reason to buy this unless you don't own a DS. I have an ipod for music, my phone has a camera that is probably 15 times better quality than the DSi, and maybe I'll miss out on some downloadable games but those games probably aren't worth the price of a DSi. Not to mention the new handheld system by Nintendo will probably be out soon. Think about it the GBA came out in the beginning of 2001 and the DS came out in the end of 2004, that's 4 years. It is now 2009, it's been over 4 years. I'd be willing to bet at E3 Nintendo will announce a new handheld.

Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:06 pm   Reply with quote

Screamy wrote:
They won't be able to hack it. If they haven't hacked the Wii to play emulators and free roms yet--
Stop right there.

I believe they've managed to do that already using homebrew apps and the Twilight Princess hack.
A Bucket of Stuff    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 pm   Reply with quote

Hoggmeiser wrote:
Screamy wrote:
They won't be able to hack it. If they haven't hacked the Wii to play emulators and free roms yet--
Stop right there.

I believe they've managed to do that already using homebrew apps and the Twilight Princess hack.
Don't you need a mod chip for that?
Geno's Tree    
Something to deliver
Screamy

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:37 pm   Reply with quote

For the twilight princess hack you don't need one. But that hack also limits your ability to play online. Nintendo sent out an update soon after they found out to cover up that hole. If you continue to play with a hacked Wii you won't be able to do anything online.

High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:41 am   Reply with quote

Screamy wrote:
For the twilight princess hack you don't need one. But that hack also limits your ability to play online. Nintendo sent out an update soon after they found out to cover up that hole. If you continue to play with a hacked Wii you won't be able to do anything online.
FALSE.

I have played online after using the twilight hack.
Lapin Angelique    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am   Reply with quote

Before or after the patch?
A Bucket of Stuff    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews