digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Pokémon Platinum Version's out!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:49 am   Reply with quote

Just telling you all, that the new version of the Sinnoh Adventure is out, and it has some great differences, so far.

Story-wise:

- You meet Prof. Rowan on Route 201, when your friendly rival wanted to recklessly run through the tall grass to Sandgem Town.
- You meet Cyrus early on, as he looks at the Legendary Pokémon of Lake near Twinleaf.
- In Jubilife, you meet International Detective Looker, who's on the trail of Team Galactic.
- After fending off the two Galactic Grunts in Jubilife, the Champion Cynthia gives you a Togepi Egg.

That's about what I noticed, so far. You can also Register your Wii number with the game, so you can be notified by the GTS Server, when your Trade is fulfilled online. Also, you can use the Vs. Recorder to record Battle Videos, and download others' Battle Videos over Nintendo WFC.

Of course, you can't get the National Pokédex early on, like in Ruby and Sapphire, because a friend of mine wanted to get a great natured Charmander as her Starter! That's just ridiculous. The only way you could get a Charmander as a starter is if Nintendo were to make a Pokémon MMO, and you would be able to choose where you would live, and start your journey in that region.

Also, I got the Heat Rotom Slip with my copy of the game.

The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 am   Reply with quote

Knowing my luck, I'm not going to get any kind of form of Rotom. I probably won't get the Giratina figurine. I probably won't get to the events.

Also, I guarantee that my mom didn't even remember to pick up the game. And then I have to wait until Easter, which is retardedly late this year, because Christanity is too lazy to set a date for it.
Geno's Tree    
Certified Loser
Gummysquid

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:40 pm   Reply with quote

I would have preordered, but I don't have the money now....
Ugh, I hope I get Cut Rotom, oh God I hope.

Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:44 pm   Reply with quote

Wait, does the Cynthia happen before or after your first visit?
Because I already got the first gym badge, and I didn't get no egg. :<
Junk shop    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:23 pm   Reply with quote

Tsuki wrote:
You get the egg in Eterna City after you beat the first Team Galactic hideout, I think.

Also, the stupid Rotom slip that comes with the game just unlocks a wallpaper on the official website, not the Secret Key or anything that could actually do any good. >:
A Bucket of Stuff    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

Hoggmeiser wrote:
Tsuki wrote:
You get the egg in Eterna City after you beat the first Team Galactic hideout, I think.

Also, the stupid Rotom slip that comes with the game just unlocks a wallpaper on the official website, not the Secret Key or anything that could actually do any good. >:
lolwhat
Thats returded
Well, if all else fails, I'll just use my ARDS to make the events start, like I did with platinumn. ;o;
Junk shop    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

Tsuki wrote:
Hoggmeiser wrote:
Tsuki wrote:

lolwhat
Thats returded
Well, if all else fails, I'll just use my ARDS to make the events start, like I did with platinumn. ;o;
Do you have access to wifi? Because they're probably going to release it through that.

If not, I have the AR code already. >.>
A Bucket of Stuff    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 pm   Reply with quote

Hoggmeiser wrote:
Tsuki wrote:
Hoggmeiser wrote:
Tsuki wrote:

lolwhat
Thats returded
Do you have access to wifi? Because they're probably going to release it through that.

If not, I have the AR code already. >.>
Yes, I has Wi-Fi. o3o
Junk shop    
Something to deliver
Screamy

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 pm   Reply with quote

I kind of regret not waiting for this game to come out instead of buying Diamond when it was first released.

YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 am   Reply with quote

Now, I have to contact Nintendo Customer Service, because every time I access the GTS on Platinum, I keep getting an error message. The only alternative is if the folks at the Pokémon Company were to make an Official GTS Forum to act as a backup, that requires everybody to exchange Friend Codes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews