digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

[REVIEW] Madworld

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:33 pm   Reply with quote

A game developed by Platinum Game and published by SEGA(omgwut) This actually is surprisingly one of the best games released on wii this year so far. The main idea of the game is to not just kill everyone you see, but to kill them in if I must say...stylish ways, stylish ways of killing someone in Madworld consist of shoving 4 stop signs into a guys head and then slamming him senselessly into a wall of spikes, shoving a trashcan on a guys head then throwing his body into another trashcan full of flames while he is still lodged inside of the trashcan you through him into, and the most popular one trapping a guy inside of a car tire then impaling his ass with a stop sign only to beat him against a wall of spikes. Also there are finishers, which are pretty satisfying to pull of as well, some of my favorites include spinning some assholes head around completely and breaking some guy in half like a giant chocolate bar.

The gameplay plays pretty good, grabbing people is a bit of a pain and you may find yourself often neglecting going for brutal kills because as you progress through the game the A.I stops *crag* around, and starts fighting back which can be a major pain if your going for a brutal kill, but then again you may love that so it can be a plus or a negative. And yes as you might've already guessed, kills are *crag* cash...the more brutal the kills the more satisfied you'll find yourself when you execute one. Bosses range from being incredibly *crag* awesomeLike the Black Baron, as a pimp he'll shoruyken your ass and rip off every move from god hand intill your *crag* dead to incredibly *crag* dullMartin was probably the most uninteresting boss fight in the whole game, seriously a *crag* *crag* robot that does every you expect it too? luckily there are only 13 bosses in the game so you don't have to worry that much about that. Another bad thing is that at points in the game, theres lag, and not like a little lag like, lol pc lag. You don't really encounter these much but there there. I give the gameplay an 7/10 for being exceptionally satisfying on my part.

The story starts out with a city in despair, killseekers are everywhere *crag* shit up and Jack, the main character, comes out of nowhere and instantly gets a contract with some shady character known as Agent 13 for the gameshow Deathwatch, a gameshow sorta like a battle of the gladiators except ran by terrorists at an unexpected city. You later find out That Jack has to find the mayors daughter and bring her back to the mayor, he gets there and finds out that the whole gameshow event was purposely set up by the mayor and she gets MEGABITCHSLAPPED and Jack goes on with kicking everyone's ass We also later find out that Jack won deathwatch 3 times before under different names and appearances The story fits really well, is probably more original and has more depth than most extremely violent video games so that gets a 10/10 for me.

The graphics inspired from Frank Miller's Sin City, ironically this atmosphere fits pretty well with the games mood and if it wasn't for the graphics being in Black and White I'd imagine this game would probably be banned in more countries than Manhunt was. Give it a 7/10

The sound is, well typical blood slash chainsaw sounds, nothing to out of the ordinary. Most of the soundtrack is rap, and not like nigganoise rap, theres decent tracks in here that you may find yourself listening to in the freetime, whats even more funny is that it fits in, 9/10

The voiceovers, oh lawdy the voiceovers. For a wii game, the voiceovers are absolutely *crag* amazing, Howard "Buckshot" Holmes (voiced by Greg Proops) and Kreese Kreeley (voiced by John DiMaggio) are probably the best *crag* announcers ever in a game. Seriously, I would probably just play the game just to listen to the commentary. The rest of the voice-actors voice out pretty well too...10/10.

In overall I give this game a 7/10, if you own a wii, buy this shit immediately, it will not disappoint.
Some store that sells shit    
AMNESIAC
amnesiac

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

So this game is pretty much endorsing violence... This is the kind of crap that make people want to ban video games Sad

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 pm   Reply with quote

amnesiac wrote:
So this game is pretty much endorsing violence... This is the kind of crap that make people want to ban video games Sad
It's endorsing violence to the people stupid enough to be unable to tell the difference between real life and a game.
The Town of Lix    
AMNESIAC
amnesiac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:01 pm   Reply with quote

Which is kind of a lot of people. I think violence is cool and censorship is dumb, but judging from the previews, the violence in this game is just excessive :/

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:12 pm   Reply with quote

amnesiac wrote:
Which is kind of a lot of people. I think violence is cool and censorship is dumb, but judging from the previews, the violence in this game is just excessive :/
Not exactly. I'm gonna go on a limb and say this, but most gamers aren't stupid enough to actually think such violence is proper IRL.

However, it's nothing more than a really well-put together fighter.
The Town of Lix    
AMNESIAC
amnesiac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:16 pm   Reply with quote

Well, people older than 13 that play video games should be able to tell the difference, but games like these are the reason why old people who don't play video games think they are the devil.

The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:17 pm   Reply with quote

amnesiac wrote:
It's the kind of game the Wii has been waiting for.

The style makes sense. It's like an interactive comic book.

Nothing wrong with that.

ANYWAY... I should be getting this game soon.
Geno's Tree    
RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 am   Reply with quote

I saw this in a magazine once, I'm searching for my Wii just to buy it. Shifty
penis    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 am   Reply with quote

amnesiac wrote:
Well, people older than 13 that play video games should be able to tell the difference, but games like these are the reason why old people who don't play video games think they are the devil.

They only do that to hide the fact that they're incompetent as a parental figure by LETTING THEIR KIDS BUY A GAME LIKE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE

Anyway, I'll consider renting Madworld on a future trip to Blockbuster when it's released for rental.
Gemstone Goods    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:02 pm   Reply with quote

This review is a 5/10 for failing to mention the Black Baron.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:36 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
This review is a 5/10 for failing to mention the Black Baron.

I did mention the Black Baron though in the spoilers.
Some store that sells shit    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews