digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

WiiMotionPlus not a good thing, why.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:35 am   Reply with quote

http://www.destructoid.com/motionplus-not-supported-by-older-games-enslaved-in-rubber-128765.phtml

Quote:
We recently got the good news from Nintendo that they'd be shipping their Wii MotionPlus Wii Remote add-on to retail on June 8. While my general thinking is that this should have been included as part of Wii Remote functionality since day one, I'll take what we can get, and will admit I can't wait to take advantage of the possibilities in the future.

The keyword here is "future," as Nintendo has come forth and squashed any theories that older titles -- particularly Wii Sports -- would be update or "patched" to take advantage of the new functionality. That's simply not Nintendo's style, as the company has come out and told GameDaily that "The Wii MotionPlus accessory is only for games that are designed to make use of its abilities."

Fair enough. But this next bit, I can't get down with. According to official product and package shots of the Wii MotionPlus (via GoNintendo), it appears the damned thing is physically attached to one of those full-body Wii Remote rubber sleeves. You know, those obnoxious free pieces of rubber Nintendo started including with all remotes because apparently the strap wasn't enough to keep people from smashing their televisions? Yup. It looks like you'll be forced to use it when you pick up the Wii MotionPlus.

Maybe it's silly, but I hate that sleeve with a passion. I don't like the way it feels in my hand, I don't like the way it makes the Wii Remote look. In fact, I threw mine out when my son refused to not slip them on when I wasn't looking. That's how much I hate these things; I threw four of them in the trash. I can't be alone in my disdain for these controller condoms, right?

Regardless, I'll still buy the peripheral... just not from GameStop. The retailer is charging $24.99 for the accessory, announced by Nintendo with an MSRP of $19.99. No thanks, GameStop.

I actually used to like Nintendo as a company and thought they made good games. Now there's shovelware and about as much common sense as you find in a brick.

Did all that money ship them off to some strange planet orbiting around Reggie's head, or why have they fallen from grace so much ?

The best recent thing on the Wii are the New Play Control ! titles, I swear.

...D: COME BACK NINTENDO. I MISS YOU.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 am   Reply with quote

Oh god. It only works with certain games. There'll probalby only be two games anyway.
And the sleeve thing is just too much. I loathe the sleeve too. It looks retarded. I can control myself to not smash my TV, and even if I do, my TV is incredibly old anyway.
NON BANNER    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 am   Reply with quote

hello nintendo i am a customer

i like games that are like the movies of books i have seen, but they must be easy because i am a chronically undercragged soccer mom too stupid casual for real games. i also like games that let me do what i could do in reality or with my children. however i am too stupid to not smash my tv and i would blame everything bad that happened when i use the wii on the wii, such as when i try smashing flies with it and then pierce my eye with a shard of plastic. That is nintendos fault because that wasnt in the instruction manual i didnt read.

so please make more merchandising so my kids can stimulate me to buy it, as i dont know that things like wikipedia or metacritic exist. i have way too much money and will buy everything that is shiny enough.

love,

the cancer that is killing the video game industry.

P.S.: My elderly relative, the great video game crash of 1983, loves all those games you put out, especially the third-party remakes of third-party games. He says not too worry too much about making new things, or improving the flaws of the old ones (especially in remakes). He also says he loves your system, but you should E.T. on this "Virtual Console" thing.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:57 am   Reply with quote

Would he also prefer Bros. to the original Super Mario Brothers?
NON BANNER    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 pm   Reply with quote

I swear to god, I will find some way to get that thing on my Wiimote without the sleeve.

*crag* you Nintendo. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
I swear to god, I will find some way to get that thing on my Wiimote without the sleeve.

The sleeve is just stupid rubber. I'm sure that you could easily rip it off/ cut it/etc.
Geno's Tree    
bobz
bobzearth42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
bobz wrote:

The sleeve is just stupid rubber. I'm sure that you could easily rip it off/ cut it/etc.
Exactly what I was thinking. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm   Reply with quote

Nintendo DID promise us they'll do better in this year's E3. Just give them time!

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm   Reply with quote

Strong Suck wrote:
Nintendo DID promise us they'll do better in this year's E3. Just give them time!

Didn't they say last year was going to be amazing? We got Wii Sports, Snowboarding, and Animal Crossing.

Nintendo is becoming the boy who cried wolf.
Tamriellic Titles    
bobz
bobzearth42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:53 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Strong Suck wrote:

Didn't they say last year was going to be amazing? We got Wii Sports, Snowboarding, and Animal Crossing.

Nintendo is becoming the boy who cried wolf.
So if we ignore them, they actually become awesome?

QUICK CONVINCE THE ENTIRE WORLD TO IGNORE NINTENDO. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
bobz wrote:

Or, I don't know, see if it can actually be taken off normally.
Gemstone Goods    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm   Reply with quote

I can't wait for Do The Mario, coming this summer. You get to swing your arms from side to side with real almost-not-waggly action!
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews